Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

Support for Bluray file stucture ? - wismax - 2009-05-02

Hi,

Thank you for this excellent software, I just finished tagging my movie library. Everything went really fine except for my Bluray rips. These are not iso file but simple directory, each one contains a movie just like my dvd rips. The problem is that mip does not seems to detect them as blurays and it shows all sub directories inside the rip like BDMV, CERTIFICATE, ...

Do you think that you can had some tests to ignore these blueray specific directories like it already does with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS for dvd ?

Here is the typical directory structure for a bluray rip:

<movie name>
..CERTIFICAT
....BACKUP
..BDMV
....AUXDATA
....BACKUP
......BDJO
......CLIPINF
......JAR
......PLAYLIST
....BDJO
....CLIPINF
....JAR
....META
....PLAYLIST
....STREAM

Thx !

- fekker - 2009-05-02

Vampirebat Wrote:first off this is great program it has made the tedious job organizing my media very easy.
i am trying to use the tagging function for the first time and when i attempt to apply a tag i get a JiT error and it replaces my .tbn and folder.jgp with a .png
i have imagemagick installed
im not sure what im doing wrong.

64bit? or 32?
for 64bit, you need to download and install image magick to mip's directory for it.. they haven't released a portable 64bit version yet, the one included in mip is 32bit only.

Quote:bluray
added to filters for next patch

Quote:I'm running 32bit.. Seems the problem was the missing temp dir (C:\Program Files\movieinfoplus\temp\thumbs) I created that and it works fine now
ahh.. directory check was called after it started the routine, i've changed the order so it'll check before it does stuff .. great find

I'm putting a test patch up, i coded most requests.. haven't got to the episode renaming for old nfo files yet or movie poster from all sources for auto-pilot..

4 digit season in there, automatic music fanart from htbackdrops, check for ffmpeg before attempting thumb generation, fix to folder for thumbs from episodes, music renaming should be fixed (stilled limited to mp3's).

didn't give it much testing, so please run on test set of data.. i'll get it into mip update as well.

- GinSoakedBoy - 2009-05-02

Hey, this is a great app. It's really helped sort out my media.

I have one quick question/request. Is it possible to scrape the DVD order for episodes of a show? I have my Firefly episodes in the DVD order which is quite different to the order it was aired in.

If it's not possible, what would be the best way to re-work the nfo files?

Cheers

- Vampirebat - 2009-05-03

fekker Wrote:64bit? or 32?
for 64bit, you need to download and install image magick to mip's directory for it.. they haven't released a portable 64bit version yet, the one included in mip is 32bit only.

sorry xp SP3 32bit

- meanstreak - 2009-05-03

Hi

firstly love this program it's great.

Secondly...

I am using the tv shows feature a lot now for manual creation of thumbs for shows without them (works well).

Can this be applied to the movies at all because I have around 900 films and am currently manually scanning the movie with imagegrab, creating an extrathumbs dir under the movie, renaming the grabbed thumbs to thumb1 and thumb2 and then copying the thumbs into the dir.

I appreciate that it would take longer because you would probably have to scan further into the file to find choice scenes, but the program is already set to create 2 thumbs so could it be applied? or could I cheat it somehow?

Tnx

Brent

- LaTropa64 - 2009-05-03

Is there any way to use MIP with my current file/folder structure?

Here's how I have everything setup:

When I tried MIP it ignored my current tbn's, fanart and nfo's (most of which I've created by exporting the database directly from within XBMC) and instead just started creating brand new files for everything calling them movie.tbn, etc.

I would rather have everything be based off the filename. I did find an option to use the movie name but that still wanted to start over from scratch because all of my movies include the year in the filename (and sometimes group names and dvdrip/bluray tags).

- lestat1977uk - 2009-05-03

Hi Fekker

First of all love the new ep thumbs feature, great work, but i can't get it to work, i'm using 64 bit OP/s and have installed ImageMagick as per the guide, but i get out of memory error whenever i click on an app without a thumb?

Also just wondered how are you progressing with the extra images?

And have you strated to implement the new Multiplex 16:9 thumbs yet?, there are quite a lot now on TVDB

One more thing and sorry to ask so much, any plans to intergrate trailers into MIP?

Thx

Lestat

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-03

@Fekker!

I've added support in serenity for album fanart in music. The skin looks for fanart.jpg in the album folder using the same method as it does for the other kinds of fanart we have.

- GhostSeven - 2009-05-03

Getting an odd one here Media Info is not finding any of my mvk movies. Which is odd, is there an issue with mkv?

I am running it on an xp machine but not the same machine as my XBMC (xbmc running on a linux box) there are no odd characters in the directory or file name its just not finding them. (not listed)

- MaxNL - 2009-05-03

digitalhigh Wrote:??

What is useless about them? You can store the episode summary, writer, director, air date, as well as extra skin information. I don't see how that's pointless. Just curious.

@Fekkker - Hey, been busy as hell lately. Just wondering how things were coming with the studio stuff and importing from Serenity.

A few ideas I had that were in the same neighbourhood...

1. Importing of the network logos/media flags in a similar fashion?

2. A way to see a list of what studios are present that don't have a logo associated with it.

3. Are you possibly thinking about a way to just grab all the logos available from Fernferret's site? A neat idea would be to just bounce the images and xml from the site straight to the skin folder(s)?

4. On those same lines, people are probably going to start creating more network logos, which means that the numbering system will have to be updated...

5. Oh yeah...and howabout some way of not having to scan all the tv shows after updating the program??

Half of this has probably been discussed here already...I don't have nearly enough time to check everything that gets posted here. Big Grin

that was the idea behind the MOD I proposed few weeks ago... it should help to keep separate the skin core from the content so you could update the studio bit, for example, without worrying for the rest of the skin.
Code:
To make it easier to handle all all of the tag I made few changes to the aeon skin structure.
1) I created 6 new xml files
1.1) Collection: Includes_MediaFlags_collection.xml
1.2) Studio: Includes_MediaFlags_studio.xml
1.3) Source: Includes_MediaFlags_source.xml
1.4) Resolution: Includes_MediaFlags_video.xml
1.5) Audio: Includes_MediaFlags_audio.xml
1.6) Language: Includes_MediaFlags_language.xml
2) In the Includes_MediaFlags.xml then I use the reference from the include files above
3) Of course all these includes files are referred in the Includes.xml file
In this way it should be easier to handle the different icons and xml's per section without interfere with dhj or the other developer work.

Just to make an example, the "Film Studio Icons" from fernferret: http://www.fernferret.com/xbmc/mediaflags.
Now to use it you need to override the includes_mediaflag.xml (maybe losing a custom made change eg. to the audio section),
with this mod you will have just to download the includes_mediaflag_studio.xml and overwrite it without worries (it can even become a full automatic process),
I think in this way it could easily becoming generated automaticaly on the fernferret web page.
or imported directly for example from MIP.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49182

Regards
Max

- fekker - 2009-05-03

GinSoakedBoy Wrote:Hey, this is a great app. It's really helped sort out my media.

I have one quick question/request. Is it possible to scrape the DVD order for episodes of a show? I have my Firefly episodes in the DVD order which is quite different to the order it was aired in.

If it's not possible, what would be the best way to re-work the nfo files?

Cheers

Please provide an example for firefly season 1, dvd versus other order. That way i can figure out what fields I need to work with.

- fekker - 2009-05-03

Vampirebat Wrote:sorry xp SP3 32bit
still have the prob with the latest build?

Quote:I am using the tv shows feature a lot now for manual creation of thumbs for shows without them (works well).

Can this be applied to the movies at all because I have around 900 films and am currently manually scanning the movie with imagegrab, creating an extrathumbs dir under the movie, renaming the grabbed thumbs to thumb1 and thumb2 and then copying the thumbs into the dir.
yeah, it's doable.

Quote:Is there any way to use MIP with my current file/folder structure?

Here's how I have everything setup:
should work without any issues.
if' it's not picking up the files and creating new ones, it's a naming filter. Make sure in the settings that ignore year is not checked.

Quote:I've added support in serenity for album fanart in music. The skin looks for fanart.jpg in the album folder using the same method as it does for the other kinds of fanart we have.
sweet, i'll add an option for the fanart at that level for tunes.. hows the other auto fanart working?

Quote:Getting an odd one here Media Info is not finding any of my mvk movies. Which is odd, is there an issue with mkv?
hmm.. you have them in the file level items correct?
I just tested with mkv file and it loaded it
what build of mip are ya running? when in doubt, please use mip update to grab the latest version.

Quote:1. Importing of the network logos/media flags in a similar fashion?
yeah, have to figure some things out to make it work with the tv show numbering system. for movies, it's all done with the command line tool already for conversion and ya just copy the files to mip's directory for them.

Quote:2. A way to see a list of what studios are present that don't have a logo associated with it.
easy enough to do, added to the list

Quote:3. Are you possibly thinking about a way to just grab all the logos available from Fernferret's site? A neat idea would be to just bounce the images and xml from the site straight to the skin folder(s)?
Yup, that's how the command line tool gets it's data, ya have to grab the aeon pack, the command line tool parses the xml into mip's xml for movies, and then the thumbs are already in the correct folder. Will do the same for the tv show items as well once we have that sorted.

It would be easy to tell the app to copy that data to the skin folder as well.
Quote:4. On those same lines, people are probably going to start creating more network logos, which means that the numbering system will have to be updated...
yup, and we need that info on fernferret's site as well (the number) or I can't automatically make updates and such.

Quote:5. Oh yeah...and howabout some way of not having to scan all the tv shows after updating the program??
not likely.. i have plans to rework shows, but its not gonna happen until i get back

- david81 - 2009-05-04

Little bug regarding .ts support.

I'm guessing that you normally trim off the last 4 characters of the video file when creating the new files (tbn, nfo, jpg).

When dealing with .ts files the last character of nfo/jpg/tbn files is missing.

Still trying to figure out why XBMC won't pick up the .ts files, so for now I'm renaming to .mpg, but I'd rather have it just work in XBMC Smile

Thanks again for the great work.

- Blaizer - 2009-05-04

I read on the previous page, someone allready posted this, so sorry for being annoying.

I have an issue with the actors, they don't get scraped properly. I scraped "In Good Company" and he got only 2 actors from it. The leading actor's weren't mentioned. For other movies (Scoop) "Scarlett Johansson" was scraped properly into the actor tags, so I don't think this has anything to do with a failing regex?

This is the imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385267/ and this is what he scraped: (I only pasted the 2 <actor> tags)

Code:
<actor>
    <name>Philip Baker Hall</name>
    <role>Eugene Kalb</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI2MzEyOTE4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE3NTgxMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Lauren Tom</name>
    <role>Obstetrician</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BODk0NDExMzUxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg0MzAyMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>

Before I posted here, I tested out media companion to see if I get a different result and yes, I did. It scraped the actors properly in the same order as displayed on imdb, so it is possible. Maybe if I have some time I'll find a workaround myself to combine the 2 nfo's delivered by MIP and MC, but I would really like to see this properly integrated in MIP.

I hope I don't sound too negative, to be honest I like MIP a lot, you're doing a magnificent job, it's just that I'm kinda dissapointed about the whole actor thing. I like to use the function in xbmc to search for an actor and now I can't really use it cause there are a lot of movies left out Sad.

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-04

fekker Wrote:sweet, i'll add an option for the fanart at that level for tunes.. hows the other auto fanart working?

I'm noticing that the biggest problem with the other fanart is that it doesn't go away when you're viewing something that doesn't have an art image. I could really use a flag in the skin to tell me when it's there or not...if you haven't already done that.