Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

FEATURE REQ: Any Chance of Reading Movie Source from File in Movie Directory? - gbdesai - 2009-05-09

Fekker,

I understand that currently your movie filename needs to have the word bluray in it to have it tag it properly. I am trying to keep my file names clean "MovieName (year)" and would like to avoid the need for changing the file names. Is there a way that MIP could read the directory and see if there is a file that either includes the source type in it maybe (source.txt with a line it in that indicates source type e.g. bluray, hddvd, dvd, etc.)...

I know you have lots of other pressing issues but I thought I'd ask just in case...

G

UPDATE: After thinking about it, a better way to do it would be to allow the ability to either click a checkbox when editing movie metadata to specify the source format or to simply have an option that will assume the source is Bluray if the movie is deemed 720P or 1080P, DVD if res matches DVD res, etc. obviously this option would be optional as I am sure many people still have the source in the filename...

- User 42580 - 2009-05-09

I'm just thinkg loud here, but wouldn't it be nice if we could also scrap award information from IMDb?

It would be really cool if I could see all the movies on my libary that won "best actor" etc...

I'm know that no skin would use that information as it is now, but would that be possible?

- Necromancyr - 2009-05-10

I'm having a problem and can't seem to resolve it even though I know it's easy - I can't get the poster window/area to display again. I swear I turned it off myself, but I'm lost at getting it back. I even went so far as to completely reinstall and nothing...

- phiqtion - 2009-05-10

looks promising but crashes after setting up my settings in windows 7 RC. i will look forward to an updated version.

- hikaricore - 2009-05-10

Well there's your problem, Windows 7 has really bad backwards compatibility.

- GhostSeven - 2009-05-11

I am having issues with movie folder names, randomly media info will not like some of my folder names, they are fairly standard no odd characters (they do have spaces) if it finds a folder with a name it does not like it will not show that movie and randomly not show a whole bunch of other movies. Remove the offending folder and it goes back to normal. Any ideas?

For example I had a folder called "The Simpsons Movie" and my movie count dropped to half moved the folder out of my film path clicked "Load Movies" they are all back...

- DuMbGuM - 2009-05-11

hikaricore Wrote:Well there's your problem, Windows 7 has really bad backwards compatibility.

What ? Everything is fine on Windows 7 for me and has been since early builds, thats including XBMC and MIP. It now supports Grand Theft Auto IV also where it didn't before, which was Rockstars fault imo.

- hikaricore - 2009-05-12

DuMbGuM Wrote:What ? Everything is fine on Windows 7 for me and has been since early builds, thats including XBMC and MIP. It now supports Grand Theft Auto IV also where it didn't before, which was Rockstars fault imo.

You should probably look into how it handles compatibility it's a mess. :p
Anyway I was just making a point. People using alpha software should expect things to not work to begin with.
The lacking info in the post I was responding to is a sure fire way to continue having such a problem.

- Chosen - 2009-05-12

GhostSeven Wrote:I am having issues with movie folder names, randomly media info will not like some of my folder names, they are fairly standard no odd characters (they do have spaces) if it finds a folder with a name it does not like it will not show that movie and randomly not show a whole bunch of other movies. Remove the offending folder and it goes back to normal. Any ideas?

For example I had a folder called "The Simpsons Movie" and my movie count dropped to half moved the folder out of my film path clicked "Load Movies" they are all back...

Same here,
I got about 360 Movies
on flat structure all movies were loaded correctly.
Now with folder structure only 251 movies were loaded.
It seems no movie beginning with ' R ' and above is shown :confused2:

- kulprit - 2009-05-12

Are your movies in the root of the drive? I found this with mine. Had them in N:/ and changed to N:/Movies? and all fixed.

- LaTropa64 - 2009-05-12

LaTropa64 Wrote:Is there any way to use MIP with my current file/folder structure?

Here's how I have everything setup:

When I tried MIP it ignored my current tbn's, fanart and nfo's (most of which I've created by exporting the database directly from within XBMC) and instead just started creating brand new files for everything calling them movie.tbn, etc.

I would rather have everything be based off the filename. I did find an option to use the movie name but that still wanted to start over from scratch because all of my movies include the year in the filename (and sometimes group names and dvdrip/bluray tags).

Sorry for the bump but I'm still wondering if this is possible, maybe through some settings I missed somewhere?

I would think the way I'm storing my movies would be a fairly popular way to do it.

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-13

gbdesai Wrote:Fekker,

I understand that currently your movie filename needs to have the word bluray in it to have it tag it properly. I am trying to keep my file names clean "MovieName (year)" and would like to avoid the need for changing the file names. Is there a way that MIP could read the directory and see if there is a file that either includes the source type in it maybe (source.txt with a line it in that indicates source type e.g. bluray, hddvd, dvd, etc.)...

I know you have lots of other pressing issues but I thought I'd ask just in case...

G

UPDATE: After thinking about it, a better way to do it would be to allow the ability to either click a checkbox when editing movie metadata to specify the source format or to simply have an option that will assume the source is Bluray if the movie is deemed 720P or 1080P, DVD if res matches DVD res, etc. obviously this option would be optional as I am sure many people still have the source in the filename...

I've been curious about this for a while, perhaps you could answer the question for me.

Why does it matter? I mean...why does everybody need to know whether it came on a bluray or a dvd or hd DVD (whoever actually has those)? Everything I get comes from the same place, and the most I want to know about it is what resolution/sound it has.

Not trying to be rude...I just genuinely don't get why it matters when the whole scene surrounding the program is kinda anti-establishment, if you will. Who cares what kind of disc it came on once upon a time? Wink

- Necromancyr - 2009-05-13

Necromancyr Wrote:I'm having a problem and can't seem to resolve it even though I know it's easy - I can't get the poster window/area to display again. I swear I turned it off myself, but I'm lost at getting it back. I even went so far as to completely reinstall and nothing...

Anyone? Nothing? This is annoying as all heck.

Edit: Nevermind dammit. Seems it's an option in the xml but not anywhere in the program itself...oddly enough.

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-13

Necromancyr Wrote:Anyone? Nothing? This is annoying as all heck.

Edit: Nevermind dammit. Seems it's an option in the xml but not anywhere in the program itself...oddly enough.

Screenshot?

Edit: Nevermind. Wink

- gbdesai - 2009-05-13

digitalhigh Wrote:I've been curious about this for a while, perhaps you could answer the question for me.

Why does it matter? I mean...why does everybody need to know whether it came on a bluray or a dvd or hd DVD (whoever actually has those)? Everything I get comes from the same place, and the most I want to know about it is what resolution/sound it has.

Not trying to be rude...I just genuinely don't get why it matters when the whole scene surrounding the program is kinda anti-establishment, if you will. Who cares what kind of disc it came on once upon a time? Wink

First of all, I didn't take it the wrong way, I appreciate the opinion. For Blu-Rays and DVDs, I typically rip those from my own collection, so I like being able to see if I own the Blu-Ray or DVD vs. if it comes from other sources. And the only other good reason is to keep icon balance in the skin, but I suppose if missing icons could be hidden (there is an option for that right), I wouldn't care much.