Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Chosen - 2009-05-13

kulprit Wrote:Are your movies in the root of the drive? I found this with mine. Had them in N:/ and changed to N:/Movies? and all fixed.

thx for your answer
will try this at home
actualy the movie folders now are in the root of the drive

Edit:
fits perfect thx ; )

- david81 - 2009-05-13

digitalhigh Wrote:I've been curious about this for a while, perhaps you could answer the question for me.

Why does it matter? I mean...why does everybody need to know whether it came on a bluray or a dvd or hd DVD (whoever actually has those)? Everything I get comes from the same place, and the most I want to know about it is what resolution/sound it has.

Not trying to be rude...I just genuinely don't get why it matters when the whole scene surrounding the program is kinda anti-establishment, if you will. Who cares what kind of disc it came on once upon a time? Wink

I tend to agree.

I did a quick mod a while back to replace the source with the MPAA rating logo. Made more sense to me, especially when the younger members of the family are visiting. Once Aeon is finalized I'll probably do it again if it isn't a built-in option.

- gbdesai - 2009-05-13

david81 Wrote:I tend to agree.

I did a quick mod a while back to replace the source with the MPAA rating logo. Made more sense to me, especially when the younger members of the family are visiting. Once Aeon is finalized I'll probably do it again if it isn't a built-in option.

That idea I really like. Rating would be great!

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-13

david81 Wrote:I tend to agree.

gbdesai Wrote:That idea I really like. Rating would be great!

Have you guys checked out Serenity? My original question may or may not have been motivated by the fact that my designs for the skin were based on my personal philosophies. Wink

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-14

digitalhigh Wrote:I've been curious about this for a while, perhaps you could answer the question for me.

Why does it matter? I mean...why does everybody need to know whether it came on a bluray or a dvd or hd DVD (whoever actually has those)? Everything I get comes from the same place, and the most I want to know about it is what resolution/sound it has.

Not trying to be rude...I just genuinely don't get why it matters when the whole scene surrounding the program is kinda anti-establishment, if you will. Who cares what kind of disc it came on once upon a time? Wink

I get what your saying, but for me it comes down to knowing the quality of the movie. I like to see that stuff visually. Comes in handy for a lot of reasons.

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-14

krypt2nite Wrote:I get what your saying, but for me it comes down to knowing the quality of the movie. I like to see that stuff visually. Comes in handy for a lot of reasons.

Okay, but why not just show whether the resolution is 1080, 720, 480, or sd? I understand the need to see quality, but just don't get why it hinges on the original media. Although I can see the fun in having a bluray icon, seeing as how blueray is the only disc format for HD video, I don't see the need to point that out.

- hikaricore - 2009-05-14

It's kinda silly arguing this point isn't it? Some of us like the source and resolution being shown, some of us don't.
These things never end with a victor just two irritated sides of the topic. :p

- david81 - 2009-05-14

digitalhigh Wrote:Have you guys checked out Serenity? My original question may or may not have been motivated by the fact that my designs for the skin were based on my personal philosophies. Wink

I did actually. Beautiful work on it, but it just didn't jive with the way I use media.

I may revisit it down the road, but for now, Aeon does most of what I need. The things it doesn't do, I can mod for once it is "complete".

- JiveTalker - 2009-05-14

digitalhigh Wrote:Okay, but why not just show whether the resolution is 1080, 720, 480, or sd? I understand the need to see quality, but just don't get why it hinges on the original media. Although I can see the fun in having a bluray icon, seeing as how blueray is the only disc format for HD video, I don't see the need to point that out.

I guess the logic is that the movies with HDTV source will always be inferior picture quality to those that are BluRay source even if the resolution is the same so therefore it is worth distinguishing between them. HDDVD and BluRay on the other hand are pretty much identical visually, although obviously HDDVD will gradually disappear completely. I have a few HDTV movie recordings and they often tend to be quite grainey.

Honestly an hdtv recording at 1080p and a bluray/hddvd rip at 1080p if both saved at the same bitrate should look identical.
The problem lies likely with the compression/bitrate.

Being sure to only download hdrips that follow scene rules and ignoring the sometimes subpar p2p releases is the way to go.
The only other factor would be local interference at the time of recording.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-14

I'm pretty sure HDTV broadcasts are compressed before being broadcasted... they definitely can be worse quality than BD/HDDVD rips.

- JiveTalker - 2009-05-14

hikaricore Wrote:Honestly an hdtv recording at 1080p and a bluray/hddvd rip at 1080p if both saved at the same bitrate should look identical.

I didn't think anyone was broadcasting 1080P, only 1080i as far as I'm aware?
Anyway, even if the resolution, bitrate and framerate were the same the BluRay would often still be noticably better because it is usually mastered from the original master and the tv broadcast is from a copy that often has significant dirt, blemishes and general wear. Often a great deal of time and effort is spent restoring the master before mastering a BluRay disc. I know that over $US 1 million has been spent restoring the old Hitchcock movie "North By NorthWest" so I'm sure it is far superior to any HDTV broadcast of the movie. I watch movies with a projector and 100" screen so the differences are quite noticable. On a 32" tv they probably look pretty much the same quality though.

- DarkS29 - 2009-05-14

Anyone have any clues as into why i dont get a lot of information scrapped i get the correct imdb code the year is displayed as 0 and that is it besides the title if i try to refresh all i get additionally is some skin tag information yet no studio information or plot or anything else. Any clues?

I don't have cable so I wouldn't really know.
However I can't imagine that the compression from the tv networks would be any more noticeable than the compression used by scene groups in hd releases.

Now if you're talking about a full on 50Gb dupe of a bluray disc with no compression well yea the quality is going to be better.
I assumed we were talking the difference between a nice 1080 scene mkv of movie and a copy from a pay cable channel at the same res. :p

- Vampirebat - 2009-05-14

does anyone know of an external scraper that will pull info and art for music videos?