Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- reaven - 2009-05-19

Why is so difficult to recognize new episodes every time I add one ??

Every time is like 20min trying and trying to get the program recognized a new episode.

also almost all my shows and movies are in english but have a few in spanish how I make MIP to download spanish info for the spanish shows only the same with movies..

Thanks

- Halibutt - 2009-05-19

Hitcher Wrote:Or just leave them as separate VOBs - worked for me.

Still don't get it, at first I thought you meant all .vob, .bup and .ifo files in one folder, together with .srt, .tbn and .nfo. However, that doesn't make much sense, as every DVD episode has got files named VIDEO_TS.VOB and one episode would simply overwrite the others.

I'm by no means an expert on DVD ripping and perhaps you meant something else. Any ideas?

reaven Wrote:Why is so difficult to recognize new episodes every time I add one ??

Every time is like 20min trying and trying to get the program recognized a new episode.
Hmmm, never experienced anything similar. Refreshing the episodes takes some time, but 20 minutes is way too much. Are you sure you click on "Update shows" and not "Load Shows"?
Cheers

- reaven - 2009-05-19

Quote:Hmmm, never experienced anything similar. Refreshing the episodes takes some time, but 20 minutes is way too much. Are you sure you click on "Update shows" and not "Load Shows"?
Cheers

both...!

the episode being new have something to do with it ? or the changes to the tvdb.com take some time to show up when scrapping ?

- olafg - 2009-05-20

Ok, how can I use this with Mac? Emulate and then copy the library, i don't get this

Trailer URL - Talle - 2009-05-20

Hi.

Anyone know how and where to get the trailer url´s?
Can Media Info Plus help out? Just wonder if I missed a setting...

//Talle

- jasoninjapan - 2009-05-20

Trying Media Info Plus for the first time, on WinXP 32bit. I have .NET 3.5

MIP 2.0.1.2870 installs, but I get this error after entering the path for my files and clicking "save config"

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.saveconfig()
at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.b(Object A_0, MouseEventArgs A_1)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mediainfoplus
Assembly Version: 2.0.1.2870
Win32 Version: 2.0.1.2870
CodeBase: file:///G:/Media%20Info%20Plus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
Assembly Version: 3.0.10.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.10.0
CodeBase: file:///G:/Media%20Info%20Plus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
CodeBase: file:///G:/Media%20Info%20Plus/TabControlEX.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I can then cancel, or continue into the program, but it won't load any media files.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Is there something else I need to have installed? Appreciate any advice!

- willers.nail - 2009-05-21

My computer locks up sometimes requiring a restart when using MIP with my xbox. I use netdrive to map the xbox drive over ftp, is anyone else experiencing this problem?

- sokar666 - 2009-05-21

hi, is anyone having trouble with media info plus today, not dowbloading fanart and covers.

ive also checked the moviedb website and seem to be getting a lot of errors.

is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just me

- reaven - 2009-05-21

sokar666 Wrote:hi, is anyone having trouble with media info plus today, not dowbloading fanart and covers.

ive also checked the moviedb website and seem to be getting a lot of errors.

is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just me

me, theres a lot of problems with it , it would be better if there was a lite version theres a lot of features that nobody use there.

fix

*able to scrap individual shows with different language
*loading time
*when adding new shows it doesnt see them after click updateshows and load shows a few times
*sometimes it doesnt find fanart or movie info even when the info is in IMDB and in TheMoviedb
*if you are choosing the fanart,poster,icons,nfo,ect... why it have to download the complete DB for each show/movie, in time you will have your computer fill with a lot of images that you dont use.(just download the one you choose delete the rest)
*the program is heavy (maybe because .net 3.5)

anyway after all this the program is a great tool.

- hikaricore - 2009-05-22

Did anyone ever figure out a way to make miptvupdate use dvd order instead of tv order?

I've recently fixed both Star Trek and Firefly manually and figured I'd ask before I continue on with the rest of my collection.

- reaven - 2009-05-23

Quote:Did anyone ever figure out a way to make miptvupdate use dvd order instead of tv order?

I've recently fixed both Star Trek and Firefly manually and figured I'd ask before I continue on with the rest of my collection.
they are not suppose to be the same?, unless the person who enter the data to thetvdb entered wrong!

anyway you can edit the info in thetvdb if is wrong I do it all the time theres a lot of wrong info there.

- hikaricore - 2009-05-23

reaven Wrote:they are not suppose to be the same?, unless the person who enter the data to thetvdb entered wrong!

anyway you can edit the info in thetvdb if is wrong I do it all the time theres a lot of wrong info there.

I don't think you understood my post.

Star Trek - Aired Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=77526&seasonid=13044&lid=7&order=aired
Star Trek - DVD Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=77526&seasonid=13044&lid=7&order=dvd

Firefly - Aired Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=78874&seasonid=15791&lid=7&order=aired
Firefly - DVD Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=78874&seasonid=15791&lid=7&order=dvd

And again:

hikaricore Wrote:Did anyone ever figure out a way to make miptvupdate use dvd order instead of tv order?

I've fixed these series manually (meaning I did this locally) and disabled the write flag on each nfo and tbn file associated with the episodes in question.
This way miptvupdate doesn't screw them up after they've been changed.
However if there were a way to get it to do this automatically for certain or all series, I would not need to do this.
It's also quite a pain in the ass to rearrange/edit 60 nfos across 2 seasons for a show that was quite simply butchered by the network that aired it.

- cptplanet - 2009-05-23

reaven Wrote:Why is so difficult to recognize new episodes every time I add one ??

yes!!!! please!!!!!

why does every .nfo has to be re-written wenn re-scanning the tvshowsHuh
i´d think tourning that off would save lots of time.

it also would be nice if the german scraper could be selected as default :-)

- rcoops - 2009-05-24

cptplanet Wrote:yes!!!! please!!!!!

why does every .nfo has to be re-written wenn re-scanning the tvshowsHuh
i´d think tourning that off would save lots of time.

it also would be nice if the german scraper could be selected as default :-)

I have resorted to file level adding of shows and movies as I would like to avoid having MIP scan and rework several TB worth of TV shows and Movies. Can't it make a hash of a dir, and the media file(s), when the dir hash matches the stored hash skip, when it doesn't look at the media file(s) and only work on the once that have no matching hash. It will be much faster and will prevent people from having to spend hours adding and removing directories from the settings menu.

- Leeuw - 2009-05-24

Fekker, would it be possible to get some of the stream details that MIP reads in the studio tag? In particular, it would be great to have widthXXX and heightYYY so that, e.g., you could display an icon for the aspect ratio in the video library.