Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- bob_loblaw - 2009-03-27

fekker Wrote:What's the extra's folder?
- extras folder, used for media images for movies, shows and tunes.. should only be created if media images are enabled in the config. if this is not the case, please note what area and post your config.xml to pastebin.
Media Images were unchecked in Movies, Shows and Tunes, although I am downloading fanart and posters (don't use Tunes). 'Extras' folders still persisting but I noticed in the General section some Media Images options which I have unchecked. If it's still a problem I'll send on the config.xml.

fekker Wrote:Rescan and show or season level
- this one is trickey and basically would require that I rewrite all of the show handlers and store every possible known show in memory so that new episodes can be added.
It seems you're using an SQLite database already so I assumed it must've been easy. Oh well. I assume you backed yourself into a corner with the original database design (if so, I've been there too).

fekker Wrote:I think that the "update shows" function covers this option, it should not take more then a few seconds to complete.. if it's taking a long time, make sure you don't have "overwrite episode nfo" enabled in the settings.
This is OK for me. The TV rescan .exe included in the latest test build, has it been covered how that works? Is it better to use this if you're just adding episodes?

I'm still having trouble with new episodes not appearing on some shows only. In the instance of one show, episode 1 is there, episode 2 did not appear (hence my original message) and now episode 3 is not there either (episode 2 is still not there).

Occasionally when I open and Load Shows a new window opens up and proceeds to start downloading around 2700 files, even though I've never deleted the ~2GB cache the software has already downloaded. The number of new movies/shows does not change dramatically. A series of wget windows opens up and starts downloading ZIPs occasionally too. Why are these appearing, is there any way to stop them or could you prompt me first?

With the overwrite .nfos option, does it go back to thetvdb and check to see if the .nfo has been updated? What about the overwrite .tbn option? I find if I get some shows shortly after release there is no thumb but later there is. If I'm too early I miss the thumb, does the overwrite option go back and redownload any missing ones?

Someone asked how to update their XBMC library remotely. You could create a Scheduled Task (Windows) or Cronjob (*nix, Mac[?]) to open up the following URL:
http://xboxusername:xboxpassword@xboxIP/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.UpdateLibrary%28Video%29 (from a remote machine)
or
http://xboxusername:[email protected]/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.UpdateLibrary%28Video%29 (if locally on the XBMC machine)

I've been using this in conjunction with MediaRenamer (which does an adequate but not great job) and, like krpyt2nite above, have found it to be of great use organising my stuff in the meticulous way I like.

- AliG - 2009-03-27

Fekker,
I'm having the issue where its not downloading the episode tbn. It just creates 0 byte files. I tried accessing the link previous with the 8080 port and that just times out for me. Any info you want me to provide?
Thanks

- MrDVD - 2009-03-27

MrDVD Wrote:Changing the movie background in 2813 result here in an black background and i have to switch to an diff movie and than back to see the new background.

Still have this in 2815 Sad

Any hint what i can change ?

- kizer - 2009-03-27

AliG Wrote:Fekker,
I'm having the issue where its not downloading the episode tbn. It just creates 0 byte files. I tried accessing the link previous with the 8080 port and that just times out for me. Any info you want me to provide?
Thanks

Is it a newer episode? If so they probably haven't moved the episode over to the mirror. I have a few newer episodes that are still small.

- AliG - 2009-03-27

Thats what I thought so I deleted all the tbn files for a show, to test it and it still created 0 byte files for the older episodes

- JiveTalker - 2009-03-27

AliG Wrote:Thats what I thought so I deleted all the tbn files for a show, to test it and it still created 0 byte files for the older episodes

I have the same problem - currently 125 TBN files that are 0 kb. I'm wondering if this is linked to the string removals prior to regex processing?

fekker Wrote:Build 2815 Patch - http://www.mediafire.com/?mjfmzhmwmkn
changed - Change to tv show scanner
- X264 in file names is still a major headache
will strip out .2hd and .x264 from scanned name, doesn't modify actual

This change hasn't worked. I deleted all my TBN files for 24 (which all had x264 in their filenames) and then regenerated them but they all still failed to get the codec info when the files were recreated.

- fekker - 2009-03-27

JiveTalker Wrote:This change hasn't worked. I deleted all my TBN files for 24 (which all had x264 in their filenames) and then regenerated them but they all still failed to get the codec info when the files were recreated.

if you click on refresh for that episode, does it read the info?
if you could, grab mediainfo and see if it scans the file correctly.

I'm looking into the other reported issues, the 0k issues are on thetvdb side.. the redownloading of episode images is due to a change they made to the naming convention for those files.. basically making all the episode image cache items invalid.

fekker Wrote:if you click on refresh for that episode, does it read the info?

The refresh button is disabled on all the episodes where the "Multi-part" warning appears so I can't test that.

fekker Wrote:if you could, grab mediainfo and see if it scans the file correctly.

I'll check that now...

fekker Wrote:if you could, grab mediainfo and see if it scans the file correctly.

I've tried a few files with that and all of them extract codec info without any problems.

I think that perhaps the problem in MIP is still something to do with the X264 bit making it think it's dealing with multipart episodes and then either not trying to read the codec at all, or maybe it gets the codec info but doesn't index it correctly and so doesn't find it when the NFO file is written. Could this be because the actual file name and scanned file name are now different?

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-27

fekker Wrote:Steps to scanning in your movies for the first time
Requires build 2815 or higher
Add the paths to your movies
click load movies
start auto-pilot, and check the option not to assign any new images
click start
if more then one movie is found during the imdb search, you will be prompted

after auto-pilot is completed
click on pre-cache, go have a soda / beer / cup of tea.. it'll take abit

this allows the fastest way to get the correct images and .nfo for your movies

Just curious why we should check that option. Should we do so even if we have no image for the movie previously? Thanks!

- fekker - 2009-03-27

Ok figured out the x264 issue, fixed now.. (and tested too)

Build 2819
changed - changed auto-pilot so it doesn't look quite as bad when it's running
fixed - fixed invalid xml chars in music files cause cache loading to fail
added- added check to downloader for 0k files, it will now check all downloads to make sure there are no 0k files left
fixed - X264 items not parsing correctly (movies)
added resize and compress to show fanart (untested)

http://www.mediafire.com/?r0q1m2gzone

kiboy6 Wrote:Just curious why we should check that option. Should we do so even if we have no image for the movie previously? Thanks!

This tells it just to get the .nfo files, it's just a faster way to do things, it won't touch other images as it unchecks those automatically when you select it.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-27

Hey, just curious, not trying to rush you...

Ep level stuff in yet?

- fekker - 2009-03-27

digitalhigh Wrote:Hey, just curious, not trying to rush you...

Ep level stuff in yet?
not yet, no studio info is in the episode data, so it will have to look back to the root element and figured out what that data is..

i noticied aeon is going to use studio info from the database, and that in your tests it didn't return the info.. what do you use to pull that data, i'll look at xbmc source, it might be easier to patch that then mesh all this into the nfo.

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-28

fekker Wrote:This tells it just to get the .nfo files, it's just a faster way to do things, it won't touch other images as it unchecks those automatically when you select it.

Still a tiny bit confused...I currently don't have any nfos or images in 99% of my movies folders. Should it still run auto-pilot telling it not to assign new images?

Thanks Smile