Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- mcborzu - 2009-06-02

I finally started to mess around with flags with MIP and had a few issues...

1. How do I ignore the extrathumbs folder?

2. The rescan of my movies worked but the scan would overwrite my studio tag like this:
" / SDp / XVID / MPEG Audio / 2ch / " and not put in the studio.

So far I just have been manually updating them to get the studio using the refresh button In MIP but my next movie folder has 400 movies is there away around this?

Thx for any help

- Rusti - 2009-06-06

Just a few questions if someone could enlighten me.

1. How can I tell the app to only download one poster and one fanart?

2. Is it normal to wait about 5-7secs everytime you choose a new movie on the left side menu as the fanart and poster loads.

3. Can you autopilot with posters coming from TMDB?

- struisje - 2009-06-06

mcborzu Wrote:I finally started to mess around with flags with MIP and had a few issues...

1. How do I ignore the extrathumbs folder?

2. The rescan of my movies worked but the scan would overwrite my studio tag like this:
" / SDp / XVID / MPEG Audio / 2ch / " and not put in the studio.

So far I just have been manually updating them to get the studio using the refresh button In MIP but my next movie folder has 400 movies is there away around this?

Thx for any help

1. Go to settings, there is an ignorelist somewhere, just add 'extrathumbs' without the quotes to the list

2. I had the same problem, but it kinda went away by itself. Maybe I updated to a newer version or something, I don't know

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-06

Rusti Wrote:Just a few questions if someone could enlighten me.

1. How can I tell the app to only download one poster and one fanart?

2. Is it normal to wait about 5-7secs everytime you choose a new movie on the left side menu as the fanart and poster loads.

3. Can you autopilot with posters coming from TMDB?

1. Autopilot should just grab the first available for both.

2. Yes. This can be stopped by putting it in display mode. That should just make it load the .nfo and the currently stored files for fanart and poster.

3. Should be workable if you uncheck "get IMPAA posters" in settings>movies. IDK if this is for certain, but the general rule of thumb is that whatever you have set up in the settings will apply to the autopilot. Not always the case, but 90% of the time.

Man...I miss fekker. Where are you?

- Rusti - 2009-06-07

digitalhigh Wrote:1. Autopilot should just grab the first available for both.

2. Yes. This can be stopped by putting it in display mode. That should just make it load the .nfo and the currently stored files for fanart and poster.

3. Should be workable if you uncheck "get IMPAA posters" in settings>movies. IDK if this is for certain, but the general rule of thumb is that whatever you have set up in the settings will apply to the autopilot. Not always the case, but 90% of the time.

Man...I miss fekker. Where are you?

Thanks mate.

I followed the instructions from fekker back in this post and ran the PreCache then Autopilot and I have 5-10 posters and fanarts for each movie downloaded.

Display mode works better, thanks.

If I unchecked IMPA posters I got no posters. fekker said autopilot only works with IMPA atm (back in this thread).

It's OK, im just going through each movie and choosing the poster I want now. It's a bit messy as Media Companion used to manage everything, now I am using this I have about 15 additional files per individual movie folder!

Oh and one more thing please... When MIP gets the movie name wrong or doesnt drop off something like LiMiTED or R5 LiNE how can I change this? I go to the Rename Movie tab and correct it and press the blank button but it doesnt change it on the left side list, and when I reopen MIP it's back to the wrong title.

- AliG - 2009-06-07

Yeah I was wondering the same thing... where did Fekker go?

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-07

Rusti Wrote:Thanks mate.

I followed the instructions from fekker back in this post and ran the PreCache then Autopilot and I have 5-10 posters and fanarts for each movie downloaded.

Display mode works better, thanks.

If I unchecked IMPA posters I got no posters. fekker said autopilot only works with IMPA atm (back in this thread).

It's OK, im just going through each movie and choosing the poster I want now. It's a bit messy as Media Companion used to manage everything, now I am using this I have about 15 additional files per individual movie folder!

Oh and one more thing please... When MIP gets the movie name wrong or doesnt drop off something like LiMiTED or R5 LiNE how can I change this? I go to the Rename Movie tab and correct it and press the blank button but it doesnt change it on the left side list, and when I reopen MIP it's back to the wrong title.

You should be able to add R5 or w/e string you want into the "ignore custom text 1" "ignore custom text 2" boxes. This will make them not appear at all when scanning, which should fix your problem.

AliG Wrote:Yeah I was wondering the same thing... where did Fekker go?

He was moving houses...computer is all boxed up. Hopefully he gets settled in soon, because I feel damned helpless reading all these questions and not being able to answer more of them. Sad

- AliG - 2009-06-07

Oh thank God, I was afraid he just gave up on the whole project Smile

- chunkhead - 2009-06-08

Hey guys, finding MIP very useful, however having a bit of an issue with the movies.

I have ensured that all my movies (using the file structure, not folder structure) are labeled correctly eg. 28 Days Later (2002).avi

However, when I ask MIP to PreCache, is stops on EVERY film to ask me which film to choose from IMDB. Also, whether I actually choose the correct match from IMDB or press cancel, it pulls the information correctly anyway!

The problem I have is that my Movie Collection is quite large and I just don't have the time to be clicking for every film. Why can't it just pull the info correctly like the TV section? I'm using 2.0.1.2898, i've also tried a few previous builds too.

Here's what I've got set in options:

What is it i'm missing here, nobody else seems to have this issue!?

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-08

chunkhead Wrote:Hey guys, finding MIP very useful, however having a bit of an issue with the movies.

I have ensured that all my movies (using the file structure, not folder structure) are labeled correctly eg. 28 Days Later (2002).avi

However, when I ask MIP to PreCache, is stops on EVERY film to ask me which film to choose from IMDB. Also, whether I actually choose the correct match from IMDB or press cancel, it pulls the information correctly anyway!

The problem I have is that my Movie Collection is quite large and I just don't have the time to be clicking for every film. Why can't it just pull the info correctly like the TV section? I'm using 2.0.1.2898, i've also tried a few previous builds too.

What is it i'm missing here, nobody else seems to have this issue!?

Now, I may be wrong here (especially without being able to see more of your collection), but my guess is that it is choking on the year in the filename?

AFAIK, the filter only ignores the year when it's in the foldername...not the filename.

I don't have a file-level setup to test this against...but that would be my guess. I know file-level stuff was a newer feature...odds are the filters didn't make it to it yet.

I would suggest creating a few folders manually using the same filename as the movie you're trying to scan, adding them to the folder-level stuff, and trying it again. Obviously, you'd want to remove the file-level stuff as well.

If it works, you can use a program called FileMonkey to automagically create subfolders for everything, and possibly even move it all there.

http://www.monkeyjob.com/FileMonk/FMExamp/Create-Folders-From-File-Name.htm

I know firsthand that filemonkey will work for this...just been a while. Give it a go, and if it's successful, I'd be happy to help you get everything named right.

- chunkhead - 2009-06-09

Great, i'll give it a try and let you know!

Cheers!

***EDIT***

Yep, you were spot on, FileMonkey did exactly what I needed, unchecked the Year filter for Folder names and Voila! Thanks again!

As far as testing though, it's pretty clear that the File mode doesn't work correctly, it makes no change whether I turn the filter on or off!
Cheers again though!

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-09

chunkhead Wrote:Great, i'll give it a try and let you know!

Cheers!

***EDIT***

Yep, you were spot on, FileMonkey did exactly what I needed, unchecked the Year filter for Folder names and Voila! Thanks again!

As far as testing though, it's pretty clear that the File mode doesn't work correctly, it makes no change whether I turn the filter on or off!
Cheers again though!

Glad I could help. Hopefully, the file-mode problems don't dissuade you too much from using MIP. I know Fekker was working hard on finalizing that part of the program before some unfortunate circumstances required him to put all his equipment into boxes for a period of time...I'm sure he'll be back in full force in no time at all. Big Grin

- chunkhead - 2009-06-09

I'm very much sold on the software, just a few things that annoy me, but i'll address them with you guys soon!

Cheers again!

- Geeba - 2009-06-09

Been using this a while really good - but have never found a setting for trailers? is there one? would be nice to pull the trailer down too.

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-09

Geeba Wrote:Been using this a while really good - but have never found a setting for trailers? is there one? would be nice to pull the trailer down too.

I don't think that was ever finalized either. Sad

You could try dropping in a URL for the "trailer URL" and seeing what happens there...I think that may be all XBMC needs to be able to play one...