Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

Rmvb - carlpalmer - 2009-06-09

Does Media Info Plus support RMVB? It doesn't seem to be doing anything with Alias on my system, and it is in RMVB.

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-09

carlpalmer Wrote:Does Media Info Plus support RMVB? It doesn't seem to be doing anything with Alias on my system, and it is in RMVB.

Last I heard, MIP does not like RM. I have several old South Park Eps, and they don't show up either. As always, I state the disclaimer that I could be wrong, but to my knowledge this is the case.

The easiest solution I could offer would be to make a dummy folder for the RMVB items, and then create ghost files with filename.avi. This will generate the .nfo files and media images...then drop them into the real folder, and XBMC should be all good.

If you have a lot of files, you could copy all of the RMVB's to another folder, batch rename *.rmvb or *.rm to *.avi, then scan. You won't get codec or audio info properly, but you will still at least have the .nfo's and associated files. Wink

- andacin - 2009-06-10

How would one use MIP to do the extrathumbs folder along with a few thumbnails? That's the only thing I can't figure out how to do, other than that its perfect.

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-10

andacin Wrote:How would one use MIP to do the extrathumbs folder along with a few thumbnails? That's the only thing I can't figure out how to do, other than that its perfect.

Again...this is one of those features that was in the works just before Fekker had to go offline. You can generate thumbnails for TV shows using the tools > create thumbnail feature, but it's not implemented for movies AFAIK. Also, the TV thumbs are dropped directly in the season folder, and not in an extrathumbs location as required by Aeon...

- andacin - 2009-06-10

digitalhigh Wrote:Again...this is one of those features that was in the works just before Fekker had to go offline. You can generate thumbnails for TV shows using the tools > create thumbnail feature, but it's not implemented for movies AFAIK. Also, the TV thumbs are dropped directly in the season folder, and not in an extrathumbs location as required by Aeon...
Gotcha, I look forward to that functionality - soon as that works it'll be perfect in my eyes Smile

- hersuri - 2009-06-10

Can I use this app to manage the database already created in XBMC? Loading it up for the first time, I couldn't find such an option in the config panel.

- chunkhead - 2009-06-10

I'm finding a lot of my films are still missing images, even though for the most part, the tmdb has the required images. Upon actually clicking the film from the list "Missing Movie Image" the info loads. However it does not after an 'Auto Pilot'!? Again I am manually adding...

Bug?

***EDIT***

Have now realised that if I switch to 'Display' in top of screen, the items load. I still have to click on each missing movie for them to load. I assume they all downloaded when I pre-cached (saw the stupid amount of files it downloaded, it just didn't load a lot of them), but only placed them where they need to be upon clicking them!?

Were they in temp files somewhere?

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-10

hersuri Wrote:Can I use this app to manage the database already created in XBMC? Loading it up for the first time, I couldn't find such an option in the config panel.

Not as such...

The closest approximation would be to export your XBMC DB to individual files (under settings/video/library). Then scan your video collection with MIP, and it will read everything you already have in DB. You can then edit whatever you like, and update the info for those edited items. I know it's not perfect, but it's the closest that exists atm...

- carlpalmer - 2009-06-11

digitalhigh Wrote:Last I heard, MIP does not like RM. I have several old South Park Eps, and they don't show up either. As always, I state the disclaimer that I could be wrong, but to my knowledge this is the case.

The easiest solution I could offer would be to make a dummy folder for the RMVB items, and then create ghost files with filename.avi. This will generate the .nfo files and media images...then drop them into the real folder, and XBMC should be all good.

If you have a lot of files, you could copy all of the RMVB's to another folder, batch rename *.rmvb or *.rm to *.avi, then scan. You won't get codec or audio info properly, but you will still at least have the .nfo's and associated files. Wink

Well Duh! I should have realized that. The answer is too easy, that is the problem.

Would it be a big deal to add RMVB support that does not scan the media for encoding information?

- henrikyo - 2009-06-11

cant seem to get this to work under ubuntu 9.04. I have latest wine installed, and after i installed it, i go wine programs -> Media Info Plus. and in the taskbar it says starting info plus, then it quits after a couple of seconds

henrik@henrik-desktop:~$ wine '/home/henrik/.wine/drive_c/Program FIles/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe'
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not <assembly>
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not <assembly>

i get this from terminal

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-11

carlpalmer Wrote:Well Duh! I should have realized that. The answer is too easy, that is the problem.

Would it be a big deal to add RMVB support that does not scan the media for encoding information?

Not my program, but I doubt that it would take much to make the program recognize the extra file format. The problem is waiting for Fekker to get re-situated and then dealing with the massive mountain of requests he'll no doubt be recieving. Wink

henrikyo Wrote:cant seem to get this to work under ubuntu 9.04. I have latest wine installed, and after i installed it, i go wine programs -> Media Info Plus. and in the taskbar it says starting info plus, then it quits after a couple of seconds

henrik@henrik-desktop:~$ wine '/home/henrik/.wine/drive_c/Program FIles/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe'

i get this from terminal

I am not a linux person by any means, nor did I write this app, so I can't help you too much personally.

However, I can point you to this, which may possibly help you with your problem...

- iamkewl - 2009-06-11

henrikyo Wrote:cant seem to get this to work under ubuntu 9.04. I have latest wine installed, and after i installed it, i go wine programs -> Media Info Plus. and in the taskbar it says starting info plus, then it quits after a couple of seconds

i get this from terminal

I get the same.

Running Ubuntu 8.10

- iamkewl - 2009-06-12

I got it to run in Ubuntu 8.10, but when I try to save settings it either crashes or gives me an application error.

Any ideas?

- andacin - 2009-06-12

Other than the thumbs, one thing I think would be cool to add is automatic imdb selection. I noticed that almost all of my movies ask me to choose the correct movie from imdb, and 99% of the time the correct one is listed twice with the same ID for some reason. Is there a way to check and see if that ID is listed and if so - use it automatically? It would be easier to fix any wrong movies then to make sure every movie is correctly chosen manually.

- garyi - 2009-06-12

I am having a large amount of issues, i.e. not getting anywhere.

I downloaded latest which installed but what about the patch what do I do with that? I downloaded 7z app which does not have anything to say about it, and if I do a save target it just saves it as a sort of bodged up HTM file.

Secondly unhandled exception when trying to load my music database:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
at System.IO.Path.InternalCombine(String path1, String path2)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.loadmusic()
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.tsbLoadMyMusic_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

Thirdly and I have a horrid feeling this is a 'feature' the screen is like a fing really puke nasty red marble affair making it hard to read text and stuff, can this abomination be removed in anyway?