Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Qroach - 2009-06-23

question for people using this app.

I noticed one of the test update patches contains "ffmpeg.exe" and i noticed teh newer version of the app is adding an extra thumbs directory to movies. Can MIP already generate thumbnails for movies?

I scanned the forum... and didnt see a mention of this.. - JohnWPB - 2009-06-23

When ever I scan a movie, and it does not find a movie poster, I go grab one manually, and save it to the desktop. I then tell MIP where it is, and it does not create the Folder.jpg, nor does it create the moviename.tbn

I realized this after I added around 20 movies, and none of the covers were showing in XBMC after I updated the library.

Also, when it does find the poster, I choose it, and it asks if I want Folder.jpg, TBN or both, I choose both and neither is saved.

If the folder.jpg does exist in the movie dir, and I point to that image so it will make the .tbn, it deleted the folder.jpg and does not create the TBN.

I have the latest version of MIP (As of today) with the patch installed.

- garyi - 2009-06-23

'As I can't test this myself, I'm afraid I can't be too useful in troubleshooting this particular setup. However, you may want to try running MIP under wine on your native MAC partition. Hopefully, this may yield better results for you.'

Sadly that does not appear to offer a solution to this problem. XP on Bootcamp is precisely the same as on a PC, there is NO difference. I would imagine that trying to run it under WINE will present far far more compatibility issues than running it on a standard XP build.

I shall wait patiently for the day a music scraper that works for me. Wink

- >>X<< - 2009-06-23

tetsuo55 Wrote:i mean in MIP, a series that was already scanned in the past will always keep showing a banner instead of a fanart, only if i manually replace the file "folder.jpg" with the fanart will MIP show it

(I want to be able to mass-replace from withing mip)
EDIT:
Basically this banner problems seems to be the same issue as with the fifth element

The only options for thumbs are Poster and Wide Icons there is no option "use fanart as thumbs"

Which is why This thread exist and why you cant do it

- DrSlump - 2009-06-23

Hi, MIP don't support italian language ?
and haven't access to italian db for the movie archive ?

THX for help !
^_^ Bye

- GhostSeven - 2009-06-23

Can MIP write music info files? I am having issues with scanning my music and need something that can generate the nfo files.

- tetsuo55 - 2009-06-24

>>X<<' Wrote:The only options for thumbs are Poster and Wide Icons there is no option "use fanart as thumbs"

Which is why This thread exist and why you cant do it
Aah i understand now, i thought that thread was just pointing the exact fanart required

- fekker - 2009-06-24

Note: please fill out bug and feature requests if you haven't already done so, i have very limited time right now and it makes it alot easier to sort out what needs to be fixed up / changed .. thanks!

2901 test patch is on the mip website (mediainfoplus.com), i didn't have time to run through testing, so give it a whirl and if somethings busted, please bug it on sourceforge.

Big NOTE: for slow tv show loading times, turn off the option to download episode images and see if that fixes it

some details and stuff on the patch..

Test build 2901 fix list

system volume information folder causing read scan to stop
wget windows being shown for tv show images (now set to show only when using the -debug flag)
reworded some output of tvshow command line to clean it up abit
added -fastimages option to tv show command line update

further cleanup of output of tv show command line, use -debug flag to see more info when it's running

added m2ts to supported extension for tv show command line

Added support for us.imdb links inside them eg http://us.imdb.com/Title?0079944 -- regex (itle?\d{6,7})

Added additional error handling for music loading, errors are displayed in messagebox and should help isolate issue, in addition it may just skip that issue, depending on what is going on in the code.. please test

note: if mip can't find the movie, pick one from the dialog and then change the imdbid for that movie.

ubuntu wine errors, revert to recommended version in wiki, new version of wine crashes mip

RMVB file extension - added support to tv shows for .rmvb extension

fixed some missing extensions from command line (divx, .ts)

aired versus dvd order - have to research that one and modify when time allows, understand the issue

--Trying Media Info Plus for the first time, on WinXP 32bit. I have .NET 3.5

MIP 2.0.1.2870 installs, but I get this error after entering the path for my files and clicking "save config"
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index'.

hmm.. update before running the app, or just add one path in the wizard and after the app is open, add the rest.. not sure of exact issue or if you resolved it

------
me, theres a lot of problems with it , it would be better if there was a lite version theres a lot of features that nobody use there.

fix

*able to scrap individual shows with different language
-- not currently possible, feature for UMM

*loading time
-- system specific and option specific, details required, please add a bug to sourceforge with details

*when adding new shows it doesnt see them after click updateshows and load shows a few times
-- load shows rescans shows main folders and checks for new data from thetvdb.com .. this will find new shows
-- update shows scans for new episodes for shows already displayed in gui (i.e. doesn't look for new "shows" just new "episodes".. bad name on button, will change)

*sometimes it doesnt find fanart or movie info even when the info is in IMDB and in TheMoviedb
Mip uses imdb id number, make sure movie on themoviedb has imdb id in it (some are missing it)

*if you are choosing the fanart,poster,icons,nfo,ect... why it have to download the complete DB for each show/movie, in time you will have your computer fill with a lot of images that you dont use.(just download the one you choose delete the rest)
understand what your saying, best workaround is to specify the number of images and types you want in the config.. while it's alot of images, the disk use of it really isn't much compared to the movies / shows it supports

*the program is heavy (maybe because .net 3.5)
it's actually .net 2.0 and not 3.5 .. but yeah, it's got a bunch of options and some I went overboard on, the next big thing is UMM, just need some more time to sort out life stuff

*anyway after all this the program is a great tool.
- i like it, well most of it, some parts are annoying

- bidossessi - 2009-06-24

@ fekker
welcome back. does that mean that dev work has started on UMM, and will you suspend dev work on MIP to concentrate on UMM?

(feel like a bloodthristy journalist Big Grin)

- logictester - 2009-06-24

welcome back fekker Smile

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-24

WHOOHOO!!

Welcome back...definitely missed ya.

no fanart - specialblend - 2009-06-25

Im sorry if this is a really stupid question, I did a search and couldnt find anything to help me. I am new to media info plus and really like it, but I have a problem where a large portion of my movies, for example Hancock and Constantine are not getting any fanart, and the TMDb link does not work either. This movies definatly have fanart on TMDb though. Alot of my other movies find everything just find, so Im pretty confused. Im using version 2898, thanks for any help

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-25

specialblend Wrote:Im sorry if this is a really stupid question, I did a search and couldnt find anything to help me. I am new to media info plus and really like it, but I have a problem where a large portion of my movies, for example Hancock and Constantine are not getting any fanart, and the TMDb link does not work either. This movies definatly have fanart on TMDb though. Alot of my other movies find everything just find, so Im pretty confused. Im using version 2898, thanks for any help

Hey there, specialblend. My first suggestion would be to look at the fourth post up from yours. There fekker (the creator) describes what version is current, and where to get it. Download and install that one, and then see if the problem persists.

- david81 - 2009-06-25

Welcome Back!

- Qroach - 2009-06-25

Hi Fekker,

I was wondering, is it possible to allow for the folder jpegs to be selected from the "Backgrounds" tab? The reason is I use the multiplex view with Aeon and it likes the seasons to be in wide screen format (like the TV thumbs). I could do this manually but it's a pain when I stomp those jpegs with another image by accident...