Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-28

fekker Wrote:not yet, no studio info is in the episode data, so it will have to look back to the root element and figured out what that data is..

i noticied aeon is going to use studio info from the database, and that in your tests it didn't return the info.. what do you use to pull that data, i'll look at xbmc source, it might be easier to patch that then mesh all this into the nfo.

I don't really follow Aeon anymore, so I'm not sure where you got that information? The bit I read said that their tv/episode stuff is pretty basic ATM until full support is added to the DB, which (I think) won't be for a while.

To make the data stick, I just inserted <rating>STUDIONUMBER</rating> into the episode's .nfo file. Scanned it, and it passed right on through to the other side. Wink

If I haven't said so...I appreciate all the extra work you're doing on my part. You could have easily told me to get screwed several times over if you were so inclined. So thanks again.

- fekker - 2009-03-28

digitalhigh Wrote:I don't really follow Aeon anymore, so I'm not sure where you got that information? The bit I read said that their tv/episode stuff is pretty basic ATM until full support is added to the DB, which (I think) won't be for a while.

To make the data stick, I just inserted <rating>STUDIONUMBER</rating> into the episode's .nfo file. Scanned it, and it passed right on through to the other side. Wink

If I haven't said so...I appreciate all the extra work you're doing on my part. You could have easily told me to get screwed several times over if you were so inclined. So thanks again.
What I meant was that if you tell me what you had used, built in, that didn't return the studio data into the skin, i'll take a look in xbmc's source and find out why it's not working there, and if i can, patch it.

There's a few other fields in the database that are not populated as well, i was thinking about shooting some data into those as well. I can do changes to the filename, but that doesn't set right with me for some reason. But If i can use one of the empty fields, that would give an option for mini-hd flagging until the real one is completed.

I got the data in the nfo, you got the skin, few pre-existing fields in the db and it should be able to show real time flags on media.. (HD, DTS, etc)

- fekker - 2009-03-28

kiboy6 Wrote:Still a tiny bit confused...I currently don't have any nfos or images in 99% of my movies folders. Should it still run auto-pilot telling it not to assign new images?

Thanks Smile

You can assign the images as well, not sure which is faster overall

fekker Wrote:What I meant was that if you tell me what you had used, built in, that didn't return the studio data into the skin, i'll take a look in xbmc's source and find out why it's not working there, and if i can, patch it.

There's a few other fields in the database that are not populated as well, i was thinking about shooting some data into those as well. I can do changes to the filename, but that doesn't set right with me for some reason. But If i can use one of the empty fields, that would give an option for mini-hd flagging until the real one is completed.

I got the data in the nfo, you got the skin, few pre-existing fields in the db and it should be able to show real time flags on media.. (HD, DTS, etc)

I get what you're saying.

The problem seems to like in the fact that the database doesn't link the studio to the TV show. I think it's c18 in the Movies table...that field is just not used for TV.

And even if you can get the data *into* the DB in the proper area, you then have the task of assigning that to an infolabel so I can call it from the skin.

Unfortunately, I dropped out of school to become an effing construction worker before we got onto database stuff. Wink

- fekker - 2009-03-28

digitalhigh Wrote:I get what you're saying.

The problem seems to like in the fact that the database doesn't link the studio to the TV show. I think it's c18 in the Movies table...that field is just not used for TV.

And even if you can get the data *into* the DB in the proper area, you then have the task of assigning that to an infolabel so I can call it from the skin.

Unfortunately, I dropped out of school to become an effing construction worker before we got onto database stuff. Wink

yup, that's what i'm looking into.. which infolabel is it for the studio.. i'm digging into xbmc's code now. Nothing but respect to xbmc's devs, xbmc is one complicated mofo.

Once I figure out how the data is parsed into the database, i'll be able to tell how it's returned via those infolabels.. well in theory Big Grin

fekker Wrote:yup, that's what i'm looking into.. which infolabel is it for the studio.. i'm digging into xbmc's code now. Nothing but respect to xbmc's devs, xbmc is one complicated mofo.

Once I figure out how the data is parsed into the database, i'll be able to tell how it's returned via those infolabels.. well in theory Big Grin

Hey dude, if you can make it happen sooner than later, that's awesome. I've asked the devs, submitted a request to trac, and then pointed out that request. I'd guess they've got their hands full with bigger issues in trying to get 9.04 ready, so I just figured I'd have to improvise until then. If you can get it going right (and maybe get the MPAA rating to stick?!?), then hell, I'm one happy camper.

Isn't it fun having these discussions in your thread for a change instead of via PM?

- fekker - 2009-03-28

digitalhigh Wrote:Hey dude, if you can make it happen sooner than later, that's awesome. I've asked the devs, submitted a request to trac, and then pointed out that request. I'd guess they've got their hands full with bigger issues in trying to get 9.04 ready, so I just figured I'd have to improvise until then. If you can get it going right (and maybe get the MPAA rating to stick?!?), then hell, I'm one happy camper.

Isn't it fun having these discussions in your thread for a change instead of via PM?

Yup Big Grin

what's 3 info labels you use to get tv show information.. this will help me track down that part of the code

fekker Wrote:Yup Big Grin

what's 3 info labels you use to get tv show information.. this will help me track down that part of the code

ListItem.Episode
ListItem.Season
ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)
ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels

The whole bookmarks page at the top of my browser is links to the various skinning references. I've got window ID's, infolabels, functions, controls, booleans, and the animation reference. Wink

- AliG - 2009-03-28

fekker Wrote:Ok figured out the x264 issue, fixed now.. (and tested too)

Build 2819
changed - changed auto-pilot so it doesn't look quite as bad when it's running
fixed - fixed invalid xml chars in music files cause cache loading to fail
added- added check to downloader for 0k files, it will now check all downloads to make sure there are no 0k files left
fixed - X264 items not parsing correctly (movies)
added resize and compress to show fanart (untested)

http://www.mediafire.com/?r0q1m2gzone

This tells it just to get the .nfo files, it's just a faster way to do things, it won't touch other images as it unchecks those automatically when you select it.

You know hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid its still not downloading episode thumbs and still creating 0 byte files. I deleted them and ran update shows and just created 0 bytes tbn files

- fekker - 2009-03-28

AliG Wrote:You know hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid its still not downloading episode thumbs and still creating 0 byte files. I deleted them and ran update shows and just created 0 bytes tbn files
I'll bet those are in your cached directory.
can you remove any 0k files from there and retest.. maybe try command line and gui versions .

i'm knee deep in tvshow data in xbmc right now, i think it's an issue with my xml, but i'm testing some things with xbmc in real time debug to see.

- roydonaldson - 2009-03-28

Hi there,

Been using movie info plus happily for ages, now upgraded to media info plus 2809 and I'm back getting it crashing while loading TV Shows up. I've turned debug on, but cannot find the debug file to send you.

What can I do to assist ?

Thanks,
Roy.

- JiveTalker - 2009-03-28

roydonaldson Wrote:Hi there,

Been using movie info plus happily for ages, now upgraded to media info plus 2809 and I'm back getting it crashing while loading TV Shows up. I've turned debug on, but cannot find the debug file to send you.

What can I do to assist ?

Thanks,
Roy.

Hi, the debug file is called "tvshowdebug.log" and will be in the install directory. If the file is empty then click on "Settings" and check that there is a tick next to "Debug Mode Enabled". Things do slow down quite a bit in debug mode so don't be surprised if the app appears to lock up. Unless you've got a huge collection it should probably complete in less than an hour. If you open up the log and search for "error" you should be able to see what is causing problems.

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-28

fekker Wrote:You can assign the images as well, not sure which is faster overall

So if I don't assign images at first what happens? Will MIP just get nfos for everything, and then I rescan for images afterwards?

- bob_loblaw - 2009-03-29

Any suggestions for these issues?

I'm still having trouble with new episodes not appearing on some shows only. In the instance of one show, episode 1 is there, episode 2 did not appear (hence my original message) and now episode 3 is not there either (episode 2 is still not there).

Occasionally when I open and Load Shows a new window opens up and proceeds to start downloading around 2700 files, even though I've never deleted the ~2GB cache the software has already downloaded. The number of new movies/shows does not change dramatically.

A series of wget windows opens up and starts downloading ZIPs occasionally too. Why are these appearing, is there any way to stop them or could you prompt me first?

With the overwrite .nfos option, does it go back to thetvdb and check to see if the .nfo has been updated? What about the overwrite .tbn option? I find if I get some shows shortly after release there is no thumb but later there is. If I'm too early I miss the thumb, does the overwrite option go back and redownload any missing ones? I realise I can go to each episode and Refresh Info but if I had 50 episodes that gets a bit tedious. I'd like to see a "refresh all" button -- or maybe a "recheck all missing" option to download missing (missing thumbs, nfos without plots, etc).

- JiveTalker - 2009-03-29

bob_loblaw Wrote:Any suggestions for these issues?

I'm still having trouble with new episodes not appearing on some shows only. In the instance of one show, episode 1 is there, episode 2 did not appear (hence my original message) and now episode 3 is not there either (episode 2 is still not there).

Occasionally when I open and Load Shows a new window opens up and proceeds to start downloading around 2700 files, even though I've never deleted the ~2GB cache the software has already downloaded. The number of new movies/shows does not change dramatically.

A series of wget windows opens up and starts downloading ZIPs occasionally too. Why are these appearing, is there any way to stop them or could you prompt me first?

With the overwrite .nfos option, does it go back to thetvdb and check to see if the .nfo has been updated? What about the overwrite .tbn option? I find if I get some shows shortly after release there is no thumb but later there is. If I'm too early I miss the thumb, does the overwrite option go back and redownload any missing ones? I realise I can go to each episode and Refresh Info but if I had 50 episodes that gets a bit tedious. I'd like to see a "refresh all" button -- or maybe a "recheck all missing" option to download missing (missing thumbs, nfos without plots, etc).

There is a config option to hide the wget screens.

I think that the main reason that 2700 files downloaded even though you'd made few changes to your content was because TVDB rrecently renamed their files and hence the stuff in your cache no longer matched their content. MIP is still in development so there will be little tweaks required here and there.

As for the missing episode images I had a similar problem due to a bug in a slightly earlier version of MIP. If you go to you MIP install directory and then search for all files < 1kb you will hopefully find a number of 0 kb files in the cache. Delete all the 0 kb files and then also delete any 0 kb "tbn" files in your collection and then click "Load Shows" again. Once you've cleared all the empty files you should just be able to Click on the "Load Shows" and "Update Shows" options and refresh content. It shouldn't matter if the episode information is uploaded to the website at a different time to the screen shot, any content newer than what you have will be retrieved, unless you've selected the option not to get it.

That's my understanding of things, I'm sure fekker will correct me if I'm wrong! :o