Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-07-20

BroChaos Wrote:ok i admit it, i'm confused now. i wiped out my MIP install folder, reinstalled, loaded my movies, went to DISPLAY mode, selected a movie that does not have an associated "-fanart.jpg" file, and it still has this slumdog millionaire fanart that shows up. it even shows up on the xbox.

can someone help me find out where this link is?

the only reference i see to fanart in the movie's nfo file is:
<fanart url="http://www.themoviedb.org/" />

/edit

for now i'm just creating my own black jpg file and setting it manually. should do the trick.

/edit again

found it!!!! fanart.jpg in the movies folder was the culprit!!

hmm.. are your movies stored all in one folder (file level)? if that's the case and it was picking fanart.jpg up for all the movies, it's a bug i'll need to sort out.
Quote:264 in episode name
For the 264 showing up in the episode name, can you please provide an example file name, i'll take a look at it and see where it's parsing it incorrectly.

Quote:frizat - MIP goes through all of my TV Show directories in the format C:\Media\TV Shows\Deadwood\Season 1\Deadwood - s01e01 - Pilot.avi no problem. It seems that when it's trying to load the shows to display in the front end i hit a snag!
are you running mip 2910 ? or 2902 (there was a fix post 2902 that might have missed a merge)

Quote:Looks like there might be a limit on the number of files/folders loaded. I've got everything organized: D:\Movies\Movie Title (YEAR) and it will only load 335 out of close to 500.
while there is a limit to the number of stored entries, it's way above what all of us have combined (hundreds of thousands of nfo's ~ 288MB worth in the array)
can you provide me with a pastebin of your directory structure for your movies and I'll attempt to isolate the failure point.

- hikaricore - 2009-07-20

I've experience no limits and I have over 1,500 movies in individual folders.
There was an issue with filenames having strange characters in them being ignored but I think this was solved ages back.

- fekker - 2009-07-20

frizat Wrote:Hey, I am trying to use MIP for my TV shows and i keep running into an issue. Movies work fine and i have been able to catalog all everything but TV shows.

MIP goes through all of my TV Show directories in the format C:\Media\TV Shows\Deadwood\Season 1\Deadwood - s01e01 - Pilot.avi no problem. It seems that when it's trying to load the shows to display in the front end i hit a snag!

Here is MIP's debug log. Any help is greatly appreciated; the scraper for XBMC is not working properly for me and it's driving me crazy!!
ok, see from the debug that your running 2910..
please run miptvupdate.exe -debug from a command line and pastebin the command window output.

- tungmeister - 2009-07-20

Hi fekker, just wondering what the current status is on scraping trailer urls?

- rflores2323 - 2009-07-20

is there anyway to scrape for bluray posters? I usually go on bluray.com to get my posters but was wondering if MIP could do this automatically somehow?

- Fascix - 2009-07-20

Hi i have a problem with mip.
I have just reorganized my movie folders on my nas and reinstalled xbmc on my htpc
and thought i do a clean rescan of al my movies with MIP. so i cleand out all movie folders from xml´s, nfo´s, jpg´s and such. And then i installed MIP and went through all settings i could find and change them to my likings. i specified the movie paths on my NAS and hit the Auto button. But MIP dont download all the images i would like it to on the auto session. so after its done i have to pres the "load movies" buton and the click on each movie separatly for it to download posters and backgrounds and other images for each singel movie witch takes AGES.

am i doing anything wrong or is this a bug or what gives?
thanks

- fekker - 2009-07-21

tungmeister Wrote:Hi fekker, just wondering what the current status is on scraping trailer urls?

Prob will be saved for UMM - Unifiied Media Manager (final name still undeteremined, but prob be Universal Media Companion).. that's the joint app for cross platform support with native xbmc scrapers, and a bunch of other items

Quote:is there anyway to scrape for bluray posters? I usually go on bluray.com to get my posters but was wondering if MIP could do this automatically somehow?
Another one where UMM will rock, i could prob do it in MIP as well, time will tell, feel free to put in a MIP feature request for it.

Quote:Hi i have a problem with mip.
I have just reorganized my movie folders on my nas and reinstalled xbmc on my htpc
and thought i do a clean rescan of al my movies with MIP. so i cleand out all movie folders from xml´s, nfo´s, jpg´s and such. And then i installed MIP and went through all settings i could find and change them to my likings. i specified the movie paths on my NAS and hit the Auto button. But MIP dont download all the images i would like it to on the auto session. so after its done i have to pres the "load movies" buton and the click on each movie separatly for it to download posters and backgrounds and other images for each singel movie witch takes AGES.

am i doing anything wrong or is this a bug or what gives?
thanks
load movies, click on pre-cache, that'll queue everything up (after asking what movie is what) so the download can run on it's own for awhile (depending on internet speed)

auto-pilot can also assign images, but only from impawards for posters, don't think i ever put tmdb into the auto-pilot option (maybe it's there, don't remember)

PasteBin.com - frizat - 2009-07-21

fekker Wrote:ok, see from the debug that your running 2910..
please run miptvupdate.exe -debug from a command line and pastebin the command window output.

http://pastebin.com/m46ed8a2e

Here is the error i receive. Same error; something about an Object Reference

- fekker - 2009-07-21

frizat Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m46ed8a2e

Here is the error i receive. Same error; something about an Object Reference

hmm.. lots of things could be causing that one, can you run the gui part with debug enabled.

open config.xml = look for something that says debug for shows, set it to true
startup mip and goto shows
click on load tv shows
it'll pop a dialog and generate a txt file in mip's install directory

that debug log is what i'll need, it allows me to generate your file and folder structure (based on what ya have) to replicate the issue.

thanks!
fekker

- rflores2323 - 2009-07-21

when is umm going to be made public?

- Kilack - 2009-07-21

Any chance of a feature being added where I can export a list of movies or tv programs to an html list or something along those lines?

Lots of options to go with it would be nice.. like export the list by year or alphabetically etc etc..

And what to export..
eg tv series & description of series, season 1 contains xx amount of episodes..
or even lists each episode..

would be quite handy Smile

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-21

Just a noob question here....but can anyone give me a quick rundown of the advantages of using MIP with XBMC rather than just letting XBMC scrape all images itself?

Planning on using XBMC for movies and music and looking to establish the best workflow...would be happy to incorporate MIP if it meant better results.

Thanks!

- digitalhigh - 2009-07-21

kiboy6 Wrote:Just a noob question here....but can anyone give me a quick rundown of the advantages of using MIP with XBMC rather than just letting XBMC scrape all images itself?

Planning on using XBMC for movies and music and looking to establish the best workflow...would be happy to incorporate MIP if it meant better results.

Thanks!

The advantages are as such:

1. All of your backgrounds/posters/info/etc will be locally stored alongside your movies, meaning you only have to scrape everything once. Using XBMC's scraper, if you lose your database for some reason, you'd have to rescan everything in your collection all over again.

2. Customize-ablility. Using XBMC just grabs the first folder/backdrop available for a movie. If you use a media manager (like MIP), you can hand-select different poster/backdrop combinations, thus allowing you to further customize your display.

3. Accuracy. While XBMC's scrapers are very, very good...no automated process is 100% foolproof. Using a 3rd party program allows you to peruse and edit any bad data before it's stored in the XBMC database...meaning you get more accurate information in the end result...

- fekker - 2009-07-21

rflores2323 Wrote:when is umm going to be made public?

It's still in the design phase, so it's going to be awhile before something is ready. Don't worry, when the first alpha of it hits, there will be plenty of buzz around it.

I'm still working on smaller updates to MIP as well, just trying to keep things that require mass rework out until as UMM will allow a lot more flexibility, especially with new scrapers and the progress that's been made on that front.

Quote:Any chance of a feature being added where I can export a list of movies or tv programs to an html list or something along those lines?

Lots of options to go with it would be nice.. like export the list by year or alphabetically etc etc..

And what to export..
eg tv series & description of series, season 1 contains xx amount of episodes..
or even lists each episode..

would be quite handy
Please add a feature request to mip for this (on sourceforge), it's a really good idea.

As for the advantages question, digital highlighted some great points, in addition MIP allows resizing of background and posters, compression, as well as many other options with your media.

- nickw082 - 2009-07-21

Why would I not be able to pull thumbnails for some TV Episodes? I just get a red X, and I see no way to modify it.

Where is the image stored (doesn't seem to be in any TV Show folder)?
What file points to where the image is stored?
Is it possible after using MIP to just let XBMC grab episode thumbs itself (XBMC seems to handle that part itself well enough)?

Thanks for your time!