Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- nickw082 - 2009-07-25

I used MIP to setup my library initially, now when I put a new episode into a season folder then run check for new content (in XBMC); XBMC doesn't find it. I have to run MIP again and let it scrape for new episodes (this is way to time consuming just to add 1 or 2 episodes here and there).

I would rather that XMBC be able to recognize there is a new episode and scrape itself.

How can I achieve this? Am I doing something wrong?

- sparkie - 2009-07-26

On the MediaInfoPlus website you should add a warning about the Updater such as this:

*Windows 7 Users Attention*
Run the setup.exe (Updater Utility) as Administrator or Windows 7 will puke out errors all over the screen.

- fekker - 2009-07-26

nickw082 Wrote:I used MIP to setup my library initially, now when I put a new episode into a season folder then run check for new content (in XBMC); XBMC doesn't find it. I have to run MIP again and let it scrape for new episodes (this is way to time consuming just to add 1 or 2 episodes here and there).

I would rather that XBMC be able to recognize there is a new episode and scrape itself.

How can I achieve this? Am I doing something wrong?

have mip overwrite tvshow nfo files (just once, then turn the setting back off)... there's a change to where it looks for the data (in xbmc) for where to get new episode information.
this isnt' the episode info, just the setting for tv show.

the prompt for movie name, listing it twice, seems to be pretty common, but if it's not an exact match, it'll prompt, i'll make that work better in UMC..

- fekker - 2009-07-26

kiboy6 Wrote:Hmmm...that's strange. Can't seem to find a config.xml file anywhere in my installation folder?

Where should it be? I searched for it and it didn't come up.

That's probably what's making it hang upon loading...Do you think it could be missing from the 64bit install or something?

Thanks for the help...can't wait to start scraping!

could be what's causing the hang.. try installing to another folder on your system (doesn't matter where, just not one of vista's virtual directory's.)

- Kilack - 2009-07-27

Hi Fekker,

First time I've come accross this, MIP keeps saying that it cannot find any information on the tv show "digging for the truth", it is there on thetvdb.com so I am not sure what is going on..

any ideas?

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-27

fekker Wrote:could be what's causing the hang.. try installing to another folder on your system (doesn't matter where, just not one of vista's virtual directory's.)

I tried installing to c:\mediainfoplus and still no config.xml and still a ridiculously long loading time Huh

Any way I can manually add the config.xml? Where should it be?

Thanks for your help Fekker!

Also, will the test builds work fine on a 64 bit OS?

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-28

So, finally getting stuck into MIP now...(getting it all figured out - although I'm still getting the really long opening time on Vista 64)

Anyway, the main problem I'm having is changing incorrectly identified movies. I try to enter a manual imdbID, but then when I press the little green button, the old incorrect ID is re-displayed and none of the movie info changes.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

------------

Also - MIP is doing a great job on images for me, but is barely getting any info results for most of my movie collection. (Ie. no cast director etc - all i get is title IMDBid and studio/)'

I'm running test build 2910. Again, is there a setting that I could have wrong that would explain this? Oe should I not worry, because XBMC will get all that info when it scrapes my collection later?

-------

In fact my MIP does seem full of bugs - another I notice is that selecting "missing movie image" doesn't change the selection of movies. Is there something wrong with my installation?

Soorry for all the notes - I just really want to be able to use the amazing functionality of this program as efficiently as possible!

- fekker - 2009-07-29

kiboy6 Wrote:So, finally getting stuck into MIP now...(getting it all figured out - although I'm still getting the really long opening time on Vista 64)

Anyway, the main problem I'm having is changing incorrectly identified movies. I try to enter a manual imdbID, but then when I press the little green button, the old incorrect ID is re-displayed and none of the movie info changes.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

------------

Also - MIP is doing a great job on images for me, but is barely getting any info results for most of my movie collection. (Ie. no cast director etc - all i get is title IMDBid and studio/)'

I'm running test build 2910. Again, is there a setting that I could have wrong that would explain this? Oe should I not worry, because XBMC will get all that info when it scrapes my collection later?

-------

In fact my MIP does seem full of bugs - another I notice is that selecting "missing movie image" doesn't change the selection of movies. Is there something wrong with my installation?

Soorry for all the notes - I just really want to be able to use the amazing functionality of this program as efficiently as possible!

it sounds like it's config.xml is borked.. can you pastebin that for me and i'll see what's what.

also try clicking on the refresh button to see if it'll pull movie details.. make sure you are in download mode and allow icon selection is enabled.

(try with small set of movies)

also, can ya give me an example where it's not pulling the information from imdb (movie name as shown in left list, imdbid associated with it)

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-29

fekker Wrote:it sounds like it's config.xml is borked.. can you pastebin that for me and i'll see what's what.

Here's my config.xml: http://filebin.ca/paewr/config.xml

It's in the main installation dir - is that the right location for it?

fekker Wrote:also try clicking on the refresh button to see if it'll pull movie details.. make sure you are in download mode and allow icon selection is enabled.

fekker Wrote:also, can ya give me an example where it's not pulling the information from imdb (movie name as shown in left list, imdbid associated with it)

Midnight run - tt0095631

Another prob is that when i run autopilot only for media info (ie no images) it takes a very long time (30 sec to a minute) each time i select the correct movie when the diaolgue for multiple movies comes up. This makes it incredibly laborious to go through a big folder with 100s of movies.

Thanks for the help Smile

All that being said, the amount of images pulled is truly impressive so thanks again for this amazing tool. Can't wait to get it working as smoothly as intended.

- klamath - 2009-07-29

Im having an issue with a lot of TV shows with MIP skipping down one episode.

Example:
anthony bourdain no reservations left overs s03e01

--gets labeled as:

anthony bourdain no reservations ireland s03e02

--this one gets labeled as the next one in the series

with the last two episodes in the series being skipped.

Any ideas?

- azido - 2009-07-29

fekker, short question

(guess i don't want to check 144 pages full of postings, so i just ask Rolleyes)

as your manager supports music in general: does it support handling, editing and creating of album.nfo and artist.nfo?

if not: any plans on supporting them in the near future?

- fekker - 2009-07-30

azido Wrote:fekker, short question

(guess i don't want to check 144 pages full of postings, so i just ask Rolleyes)

as your manager supports music in general: does it support handling, editing and creating of album.nfo and artist.nfo?

if not: any plans on supporting them in the near future?

I didn't build it into mip, but it will be in MIP's replacement, the multi-dev, multi-platform, open source app - currently being called UMC, and in turn i'll bet that ends up in alot of other media managers are UMC is a modular app, with multiple interface options (web and regular application) as well a a core component that has plugin support and a ton of wicked cool stuff.

Quote:where's the answer to a previous question, or after fekker asked for more info to look into it
If i've missed a question, or asked for more data and just forgot about it, please pm me with the details.. for new questions the thread is good, but I know there was a few issues I was researching before getting sidetracked with UMC development.

- Kilack - 2009-07-30

Hi Fekker,

You might have missed one of my issues.

"Digging for the truth" a tv series never gets scanned by MIP, it says it cannot find any information on it but it does exist in thetvdb.com

second issue, recently upgraded to latest version, not sure if this is the cause or not but now im having problems with MIP getting very confused with episode names.

for example
americas.got.talent.s04e01.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi

This now causes mip problems, it thinks the -2hd is part of the episode numbering and thinks its a multipart episode.
Can you change the pattern matching a bit, unless the "-2" is right next to the e01 then it shouldnt match on it..

I assume this is the cause of klamath's problems also..

- Thar - 2009-07-31

Hi Everyone,
Just installed MIP, congrats on an amazing program, it will save me a lot of time. I have checked the previous posts and not seen an exact answer to a noob question.

For multi-part movie files is there a way of changing the format MIP looks for? I have read previously the standard method is to name the files as follows:
moviename-cd1.xxx
moviename-cd2.xxx

My multi-part movies are in the following format (XBMC can be configured to see these as a single movie):
movie name 1.xxx
movie name 2.xxx
and MIP picks them up as unidentifird "movie name 1" and "movie name 2"

So is there a config option or setting to have MIP (similar to what is availabe in XBMC) see the files as a single 'movie name' and look up its details?

I would appreciate not having to change all my files Smile.

Thanks.

- fekker - 2009-07-31

I know there are some bugs and things that could use tweaking as well as additional feature requests. TV Shows will get another update as well as the file scanners once I have that portion done for the new unified media manager.

I've got a few I will be addressing when i get the chance, but my primary focus is on dev of the new Unified Media Manager, this will be the everything of media managers with a whole team of dev's working on a ton of different areas already.

UMM is a team project between a bunch of folks, some of us created the media managers your using today, and all of that are joining forces are creating the media manager of tomorrow.

So hang in there and please be patient, you are going to love this when it's done.