Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- azido - 2009-08-01

fekker Wrote:I didn't build it into mip, but it will be in MIP's replacement, the multi-dev, multi-platform, open source app - currently being called UMC, and in turn i'll bet that ends up in alot of other media managers are UMC is a modular app, with multiple interface options (web and regular application) as well a a core component that has plugin support and a ton of wicked cool stuff.

does that imply a) you're not coding any more features into media info plus and b) that UMC is out of the discussion phase and in the making? i didn't follow it closely but my guess until today was, you ppl are discussing the hell out of how to code it, what to include within and so on and will probably really start coding it somewhere in 2010 Wink

- logictester - 2009-08-01

how do i make MIP NOT to save flags data in TV Episodes "Director" tag?

thanks

- stokedfish - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:does that imply a) you're not coding any more features into media info plus and b) that UMC is out of the discussion phase and in the making? i didn't follow it closely but my guess until today was, you ppl are discussing the hell out of how to code it, what to include within and so on and will probably really start coding it somewhere in 2010 Wink

yeah, same here. would love to know more about the new media manager in development.
will it be cross-platform? java? not having to use wine on linux would be awesome!

- azido - 2009-08-01

stokedfish Wrote:will it be cross-platform?

as far as i followed the thread about it's existence, this was/is a main goal.

- azido - 2009-08-01

logictester Wrote:how do i make MIP NOT to save flags data in TV Episodes "Director" tag?

thanks

if i remember right there is a setting like "use studio and director tags for extended movie informations" that you have to untick.

- logictester - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:if i remember right there is a setting like "use studio and director tags for extended movie informations" that you have to untick.

in which settings menu? can't find it

- azido - 2009-08-01

logictester Wrote:in which settings menu? can't find it

you are on your own here, sorry. i i'm not using it anymore (haven't even used it for more than a few tries) , but remember having set it in the days aeon uses the hack and has no native media flagging. my current friend is EMM (only available for movies though)

edit: try this:

Originally Posted by digitalhigh Image
Disable "Support skin-based flagging" under movies/settings/configuration/general. You'd then need to do an autopilot to re-scan/write all tags with the skin data.

- fekker - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:does that imply a) you're not coding any more features into media info plus and b) that UMC is out of the discussion phase and in the making? i didn't follow it closely but my guess until today was, you ppl are discussing the hell out of how to code it, what to include within and so on and will probably really start coding it somewhere in 2010 Wink

a) I'll still add some things to MIP
b) We are working on it, if you would like to contribute to UMC, please visit the internal forums for UMC (you'll have to get added to the list to gain access, there's a thread for UMC that you can request access to the forums and give an idea of how you would like to help.)

as for the code portions, there are multiple dev's working different areas, from the database, to the core, to the api, to the different gui's that will be bundled with it. It's based on a modular design so there's tons of options.

- fekker - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:you are on your own here, sorry. i i'm not using it anymore (haven't even used it for more than a few tries) , but remember having set it in the days aeon uses the hack and has no native media flagging. my current friend is EMM (only available for movies though)

edit: try this:

Originally Posted by digitalhigh Image
Disable "Support skin-based flagging" under movies/settings/configuration/general. You'd then need to do an autopilot to re-scan/write all tags with the skin data.
yup that setting should do it, there's another setting I have to change in the code, i've got it on the list of todo items for mip.

- azido - 2009-08-02

fekker Wrote:, if you would like to contribute to UMC, please visit the internal forums for UMC (you'll have to get added to the list to gain access, there's a thread for UMC that you can request access to the forums and give an idea of how you would like to help.)

thanks for the response.

well, i suck when it comes to coding, unless it's php/css/html stuff. at first i'm a musician, then i have a sight for eye-candyness, so my fable is more on the creative path. dunno how that could lead into something to contribute to the project.

the only thing i could think of being useful would be to create a manual for umc. actually i think about doing that for showmix, since many ppl use it but have no clue what all the settings do. but on the other hand, that's a time consuming task, and would be even more of it for such a project like umc. not sure about that at all..

- fekker - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:thanks for the response.

well, i suck when it comes to coding, unless it's php/css/html stuff. at first i'm a musician, then i have a sight for eye-candyness, so my fable is more on the creative path. dunno how that could lead into something to contribute to the project.

the only thing i could think of being useful would be to create a manual for umc. actually i think about doing that for showmix, since many ppl use it but have no clue what all the settings do. but on the other hand, that's a time consuming task, and would be even more of it for such a project like umc. not sure about that at all..

We could use someone to make the manual, and the web gui is web based, so might be right up your alley.

- kiboy6 - 2009-08-02

Sorry to bug you fekker, but is there any hope for me to get MIP working properly on my Vista 64 setup? (I sent you my config.xml a few days ago).

Or do you think I would be better off just waiting for UMC? When are you expecting the first release candidate?

Thanks!

- fekker - 2009-08-03

kiboy6 Wrote:Sorry to bug you fekker, but is there any hope for me to get MIP working properly on my Vista 64 setup? (I sent you my config.xml a few days ago).

Or do you think I would be better off just waiting for UMC? When are you expecting the first release candidate?

Thanks!

I didn't see anything in the config that would explain the issues your seeing. What's weirder is that there are plenty of folks running it under Vista 64 without issues, maybe it's a AV scanner or something that messing with it.

While we are actively working on UMC, there's no eta on a release candidate, alpha, beta's will come before that.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-08-03

Anyone else having problems with images latley? quite alot of the shows that Miptvupdate is picking don't seem to have screenshots.

Anyone else having this problem?

- logictester - 2009-08-03

fekker Wrote:yup that setting should do it, there's another setting I have to change in the code, i've got it on the list of todo items for mip.

i have this unchecked - but still when i update tv episodes - director tag get filled with media flags data