Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-08-04

lestat1977uk Wrote:Anyone else having problems with images latley? quite alot of the shows that Miptvupdate is picking don't seem to have screenshots.

Anyone else having this problem?

yup, seems to be a tvdb issue with images, i have the same prob.

Quote:logictester
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekker View Post
yup that setting should do it, there's another setting I have to change in the code, i've got it on the list of todo items for mip.
i have this unchecked - but still when i update tv episodes - director tag get filled with media flags data

i'll put together a quick update that fixes that

- fekker - 2009-08-04

Director tag fixed in 2914 - available on mediainfoplus.com

fixed other possible errors in data reading, if you where having problems with other builds, please try 2914

- fekker

- rozsy - 2009-08-04

Eek someone please help i have searched and searched the forums but no joy. i am trying to update all my movies with 3d boxes. now most of movies work great but some (days of thunder etc) just wont show on the thumbs screen i have set it to show 100 thumbs but it shows everything but the film i want (anything with day in the title you name it). mediaicons.org have it if i type it in the search box but mip wont display it. i even tried downloading the file from mediaicons and putting it in the mip\customimages\icons folder but i dont see an option for mip to look there either i am pulling my hair out plz help Eek

- fekker - 2009-08-04

rozsy Wrote:Eek someone please help i have searched and searched the forums but no joy. i am trying to update all my movies with 3d boxes. now most of movies work great but some (days of thunder etc) just wont show on the thumbs screen i have set it to show 100 thumbs but it shows everything but the film i want (anything with day in the title you name it). mediaicons.org have it if i type it in the search box but mip wont display it. i even tried downloading the file from mediaicons and putting it in the mip\customimages\icons folder but i dont see an option for mip to look there either i am pulling my hair out plz help Eek

it caches the data, there was a long period where no updates where happening so i increased the default amount of time to keep the data..

to clear that cache, delete the xml files it stores

by default
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\xml\xmls

- rozsy - 2009-08-04

yes that worked for "days of thunder" thank you although i still had to set it up for 100 icons per type and 100 max display and it was right at the bottom of the list is there a way to change the way it looks up the name because when i named the film just thunder it was right at the top ( oh and i just worked out that you when click add poster it goes to the customimages\icons folder that confused me a bit but now i can add them if 3d boxes doesnt show them )

- Dougie085 - 2009-08-05

For some reason when I use this to scan my music it crashes when it gets to file like 2513 or something. Is this common? Or is this specific to me?

- digitalhigh - 2009-08-05

Here's one for ya:

On downloading media covers, I often run into places where the proper results may be available on freecovers, they're just further down the list and therefore don't get loaded into the program.

Is there a way to maybe smarten up the search before downloading stuff? The movie titles are right in the filename of the images...howabout having it double check against that filename before downloading? It may yield less image results, but I bet the quality would be much improved.

Examples of movies that do this:

Gone Baby Gone
Friday the 13th Part II
Oceans 13
War
War, Inc.

Also..is it using the listed name in the left box, or the IMDB name? Some of my foldernames are a bit off, so if it's using that, it may have some trouble as well...

- fekker - 2009-08-05

Dougie085 Wrote:For some reason when I use this to scan my music it crashes when it gets to file like 2513 or something. Is this common? Or is this specific to me?

It must not like that file, what error do you get ?

- fekker - 2009-08-05

digitalhigh Wrote:Here's one for ya:

On downloading media covers, I often run into places where the proper results may be available on freecovers, they're just further down the list and therefore don't get loaded into the program.

Is there a way to maybe smarten up the search before downloading stuff? The movie titles are right in the filename of the images...howabout having it double check against that filename before downloading? It may yield less image results, but I bet the quality would be much improved.

Examples of movies that do this:

Gone Baby Gone
Friday the 13th Part II
Oceans 13
War
War, Inc.

Also..is it using the listed name in the left box, or the IMDB name? Some of my foldernames are a bit off, so if it's using that, it may have some trouble as well...
whatever is the movie title (shown in the left list) is what it's searching on, you could change the title and have it search again, not ideal, but a sudo workaround for now.

i'll be sure to put an option in umc that will allow a custom search string to be passed in UMC when it's searching for covers or any addon's / plugins.

did ya check out the web ui in the UMC thread digital? it's looking pretty slick.

- marklight - 2009-08-05

is there a way to export all the movies to a list like you can in xbmc companion?

- fekker - 2009-08-05

marklight Wrote:is there a way to export all the movies to a list like you can in xbmc companion?

never did add that feature in, how useful is it? (I'm curious)

- JohnWPB - 2009-08-05

Ok, fresh OS install here. All VBRuntimes installed, DotNet packs ect ect...

When I load MIP, and try to add a diretory of TV shows, It crashes. I get the following dialog:

Doing some Googling and such, I found this response in the forums to the error:

fekker Wrote:make sure you have miplibfc.dll in the install directory.. version should be 1.0.1.2800 for that dll

However, the one I have in the diretory is version 2.0.1.2863, so there is the problem (or so I thought).

After a little more searching, I found the file on the MIP download page.

After downloading it, the version of the DLL on the MIP download page is the same as the one the installer put in the folder.... and not the one mentioned that is required.

As it is, I can not get MIP to do just about anything without getting this error.

My PC Specs and Info:

XP Pro SP3, all patches, dotnet's, C++ redistribution packs, Java updated, VB runtimes all up to date...
P4 2.8 Dual Core
4 Gigs Ram

Any help is greatly apreciated!

- Dougie085 - 2009-08-05

fekker Wrote:It must not like that file, what error do you get ?

That's what I thought at first so I removed the file temporarily, and guess what next time it hit that exact track number it did the exact same thing but it was a completely different song from a completely different album.

- fekker - 2009-08-05

JohnWPB Wrote:Ok, fresh OS install here. All VBRuntimes installed, DotNet packs ect ect...

When I load MIP, and try to add a diretory of TV shows, It crashes. I get the following dialog:

Doing some Googling and such, I found this response in the forums to the error:

However, the one I have in the diretory is version 2.0.1.2863, so there is the problem (or so I thought).

After a little more searching, I found the file on the MIP download page.

After downloading it, the version of the DLL on the MIP download page is the same as the one the installer put in the folder.... and not the one mentioned that is required.

As it is, I can not get MIP to do just about anything without getting this error.

My PC Specs and Info:

XP Pro SP3, all patches, dotnet's, C++ redistribution packs, Java updated, VB runtimes all up to date...
P4 2.8 Dual Core
4 Gigs Ram

Any help is greatly apreciated!

here's a full 2914 patch, meaning it contains the files required for the update from a previous version.. download and extract it to your mip install directory.

http://mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_2914_patch_exefilesonly.rar

- fekker - 2009-08-05

Dougie085 Wrote:That's what I thought at first so I removed the file temporarily, and guess what next time it hit that exact track number it did the exact same thing but it was a completely different song from a completely different album.

if you do the same for that album, or just copy the ones it doesn't seem to like to another folder and attempt to load them by them self, does it still get stuck?