Kodi Community Forum
[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.) (/showthread.php?tid=47760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Better navigation of libraries (filters etc.) - parrots - 2009-03-30

Not sure if this is known (or something you can control), but I didn't see it in your buglist on google docs. When in TV or Movies view, hitting the previous button (backspace) at the root level takes you to an odd in-between menu that lets you pick what video library you want to browse (Movies/TV) instead of going back to the main menu. You have to hit previous once more from there to get to the main menu. Hitting escape of course takes you right to the main menu, but if possible it would be nice to just remove that in-between menu all together.

I say this because I use the previous button a lot (browsing TV shows) and it's easier to keep hitting prev than having to remember to hit escape when at the root of your media.

Small usability hickup in an otherwise wonderful release.

- djh_ - 2009-03-30

Not sure, to be honest. Doesn't immediately sound like something I could control.

- Batemann - 2009-03-30

That has nothing to do with Aeon. That's normal XBMC behavior. I had the same, you just have to learn yourself to use the appropriate button on your Remote/keyboard. ;-)

- parrots - 2009-03-30

Batemann Wrote:That has nothing to do with Aeon. That's normal XBMC behavior. I had the same, you just have to learn yourself to use the appropriate button on your Remote/keyboard. ;-)

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure it was. The only thing that lead me to believe it might have something to do with the skin was that I don't think I ever saw that screen while using MediaStream 1.0 for a year. That's where I developed the habit of just pounding prev.

- zetetic - 2009-03-30

I agree that the 'Previous Menu', 'Up Dir' dichotomy is very unintuitive once you're actually trying use a setup XBMC in Library mode.

I also believe that this nightmare originates rather deep in XBMC. After using a TiVo, (or even my Chinese-maldesigned set-top box which plays wordwrapping like bad Tetris amongst its multitude of sins), XBMC's principle of ambush is a little grating. Gagh.

Now I've been unpleasant (apologies, I'm a bad person) hopefully I can ask the nice people who gave me this wonderful thing free for help with this. I'm unsure which forum to ask in though? (XBMC for Windows - Help and Support or Skin Specific Requests and End-User Support (Help)) Is it possible to easily define a button's action based on context?

(Oh, and thank you very much for Aeon Stark. Big Grin )

- EMK0 - 2009-03-30

i get the same thing i never go this on mediastream is there anyway to make it work like mediastream ? if i remember correctly i think there was an option to disable this or something in mediastream.

- parena - 2009-03-30

Like EMK0, I used MediaStream and it doesn't have this behaviour.

- djh_ - 2009-03-30

Well, as soon as someone with intimate knowledge of MediaStream chimes in with a solution (if one exists), I'll be sure to add it.

- Hitcher - 2009-03-30

MediaStream does indeed go back to the main menu when you 'backspace' from the Movie or TV library but then it does have the sub-menu for 'By Genre', 'By Year'...'Recently added', etc.

I too have gotten used to backing out of Movies and TV Shows straight to the main menu but if this was added AEON then where would find the 'By Genre', 'By Year'...'Recently added', etc options?

- djh_ - 2009-03-30

Ahh, so that's how it works. Yes, if the original shortcut bypassed the genres page then I suspect it would have different behaviour. It's an interesting thought and I'm sure some kind of submenu (optional, of course) could be devised. Another for the to-do list.

- themugger - 2009-03-30

inside Includes_MainMenu.xml just change the following code on

lines 90
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
to
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles[b],return[/b])</onclick>
and line 98
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>

to

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles[b],return[/b])</onclick>

just add the ,return in the above code, i got this when asking for another mod a while ago... works perfect.

- djh_ - 2009-03-30

Well look at that. Consider it added as a default. Or do you think it should be optional?

- Hitcher - 2009-03-30

djh_ Wrote:Ahh, so that's how it works. Yes, if the original shortcut bypassed the genres page then I suspect it would have different behaviour. It's an interesting thought and I'm sure some kind of submenu (optional, of course) could be devised. Another for the to-do list.

I would suggest Up or Down for the sub-menu (AEON mark 1 style) but that moves the nav bar at the moment.

- Hitcher - 2009-03-30

themugger Wrote:inside Includes_MainMenu.xml just change the following code on

just add the ,return in the above code, i got this when asking for another mod a while ago... works perfect.

Worked at treat, thanks.

- themugger - 2009-03-30

I pesonally prefer it as its nicer going in and out of movies and tv shows (wife friendly), its a shame there is no other way of viewing by genre etc... though