Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-04-12

kruykaze Wrote:Any changes to boost performance since rev2?
Mostley bug fixes if the last one was worse for you than revision1 then this one will be or at least it should be better. also added in extra media flags made by Hallibut and the fonts are bigger in this release if you find them too big then copy font.xml from revision2 or change the font style in settings. as for memory there is little else other than minor tweaks than can be done with the skin itself, the rest is down to how your machine is setup and runNod

- mcborzu - 2009-04-13

Paul...

A little tweak I'd like to try for myself but don't know how to get to it.

You know that transparent white overlay that covers the upper right half of a movie poster, not sure if I like it sometimes it cuts right through someones face and doesnt look good.

I assume its in the texture.xpr, I tried on my copy of regular Stark deleting movieposter_mask.png....thats what I thought was that white overlay image but that didn't work.

Any Ideas? Thanks for the great work!!

- kruykaze - 2009-04-13

I just updated to rev3 and aeon gets REALLY slow when on weather,settings or anything with a static backdrop(it takes a few seconds to go from weather to settings for eg).the speed is normal on movies tvshows etc.. where I have cycling (downsampled)backdrops.

- MikeRD03 - 2009-04-13

hi kruykaze,

I´m expirience the same effct here with rev3 and the nightly build from yesterday. Since i can see harddisk activity through the LED ring it is obvious that the harddisk is working very hard when the mentioned main menu points are marked. Going back to "TV Show" or "Film" the hardisk stops and everything is smooth again.
But what the heck is the xbox doing on my harddisk ??!?

greets
MikeRD03

- paul - 2009-04-13

mcborzu Wrote:Paul...

A little tweak I'd like to try for myself but don't know how to get to it.

You know that transparent white overlay that covers the upper right half of a movie poster, not sure if I like it sometimes it cuts right through someones face and doesnt look good.

I assume its in the texture.xpr, I tried on my copy of regular Stark deleting movieposter_mask.png....thats what I thought was that white overlay image but that didn't work.

Any Ideas? Thanks for the great work!!
I think your talking about the glass effect. you need to be looking in the thumbs folder.
One little tip for you if your wanting rid of say movieposter_frame.png then create a dummy file of the same dimensions make it transparent and then compress that to an .xpr and name it test.xpr you can then use this file by selecting themes under apperances that way if you don't like it or it does not work then you still have the original file intact. you can even pack your own default backdrops etc into it as the skin will look at the tes.xpr for any file it needs before defaulting back to textures.xpr..... hope this helps you.
If you are having some difficulty let me know and i will make you up a pack to do what you want Smile

- paul - 2009-04-13

kruykaze Wrote:I just updated to rev3 and aeon gets REALLY slow when on weather,settings or anything with a static backdrop(it takes a few seconds to go from weather to settings for eg).the speed is normal on movies tvshows etc.. where I have cycling (downsampled)backdrops.
That's strange coz all the backdrops are of the same size 960x540 and are all .jpg
Have you tried using your own backdrops makeing them the same size as your tv's native display that way the xbox wont have to upsample the backdrops thus saving on memory(In theory)Rolleyes

MikeRD03 Wrote:hi kruykaze,

I´m expirience the same effct here with rev3 and the nightly build from yesterday. Since i can see harddisk activity through the LED ring it is obvious that the harddisk is working very hard when the mentioned main menu points are marked. Going back to "TV Show" or "Film" the hardisk stops and everything is smooth again.
But what the heck is the xbox doing on my harddisk ??!?

greets
MikeRD03
I do hope you don't mean XBMC_19438.rar as i have just downloaded that revision.
As i have not had one decent revision after the january 25th build by T3CH the rest have all been rubbish. but i read somewhere that the problems were meant to have been fixed?
So what revision build are you using now?

- paul - 2009-04-13

Well i F*~"ing give up since january i have tried around 15 different builds of xbmc.
The last one 19438 will not allow me add anything to the library.
You would think the would test these builds before inflicting them on the public.Angry

- MikeRD03 - 2009-04-13

For me it was rev 19419 that I´ve tested with the described problem.
What release is recognized to be the best in the moment and where can I get it?

greets,
MikeRD03

- paul - 2009-04-13

MikeRD03 Wrote:For me it was rev 19419 that I´ve tested with the described problem.
What release is recognized to be the best in the moment and where can I get it?

greets,
MikeRD03

Goto http://t3ch.yi.se/
And select revision 17349 from the build selctor near the bottom of the page and click on
the revision number. that is last good build and most likely will be the last as the idiots must not test these dam releases before they release them i have wasted dam day's even weeks trying different builds and there all crap.
I have posted a debug log in the hope that arnova might find the time to look into the problem. but i wont hold my breathNo

- jarod71 - 2009-04-13

paul Wrote:Goto http://t3ch.yi.se/
And select revision 17349 from the build selctor near the bottom of the page and click on
the revision number. that is last good build and most likely will be the last as the idiots must not test these dam releases before they release them i have wasted dam day's even weeks trying different builds and there all crap.
I have posted a debug log in the hope that arnova might find the time to look into the problem. but i wont hold my breathNo

Lets all relax people. arnova is the only one working on the xbox port and I am sure he is pretty new to it. I am sure the bugs will get worked out. I am using the Jan 25th build myself.

Paul, does stark lite work with the Jan 25th build ok?

We all knew xbox would take a back seat to the other ports. I am happy for what little support we have.

- kruykaze - 2009-04-13

My problem is that i can't go back to january builds since they dont have the TMDB scraper.

- paul - 2009-04-14

jarod71 Wrote:Lets all relax people. arnova is the only one working on the xbox port and I am sure he is pretty new to it. I am sure the bugs will get worked out. I am using the Jan 25th build myself.

Paul, does stark lite work with the Jan 25th build ok?

We all knew xbox would take a back seat to the other ports. I am happy for what little support we have.

It work's with the january build but it is very slow, i have managed to improve it by further lowering both my fanart and poster resolutions down even further.

And i can accept that arnova is on his own but you try fileing a bug report like i did as arnova asked me to do and it got rejected. why i ask myself?

- paul - 2009-04-14

kruykaze Wrote:My problem is that i can't go back to january builds since they dont have the TMDB scraper.

I did not realise it did not support TMDB.
I do all my scrapeing with Movie info plus that way i get the added bonus of having
My .nfos tagged for the studio flags. though it did take me a while to work it all
out. it was worth the effort though

- jarod71 - 2009-04-14

paul Wrote:It work's with the january build but it is very slow, i have managed to improve it by further lowering both my fanart and poster resolutions down even further.

And i can accept that arnova is on his own but you try fileing a bug report like i did as arnova asked me to do and it got rejected. why i ask myself?

And it is faster with new revisions?

- kruykaze - 2009-04-14

jarod71 Wrote:And it is faster with new revisions?

Rev3 gave me issues I only tried it with the latest svns.I'll stick with rev 2 for now.
Also djh is making changes so we'll see what happens.