Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-24

paul Wrote:Will recheck the thumbs thanks i have most of cf2009 mods working with the new submenu, though no fix as yet to keep the menu bar stuck in one place will try to work out how to do that on saturday

I just downloaded the archive from the link in cf2009's thread and applied it to your modded theme, it worked just as before with the option in customization to turn off the home menu animation.

paul Wrote:Christ how the hell have you achieved that did you just whack in your backdrops?

That's what I get sitting in the home menu also, 32mb using 960 backdrops.

- dynamix - 2009-04-24

diemos Wrote:Hey Paul, check this out, I have xbox and for some reason auriga with your lite mod runs real slow, it Aeon used to run 10x better with the other lite mode, anyways that mod is not getting updated so I though this might help you.

I had the same lag when testing Auriga Lite Rev1 yesterday. When i switched back to Stark Lite, all was smooth again.

Now i was thinking today what could be the reason for that... I do remember that i didn't delete the guisettings.xml. Maybe that's the solution! Rolleyes

Will test and report back, when i get home.

BTW: Thanks for bringing us rev2, Paul!

- diemos - 2009-04-24

What actually made it 10 FASTER was to use different movie/music, etc.. backdrops, even if i used my original movie fanart for movie backdrops it was much smoother than the original backdrops, i have no idea why, the size is about the same... maybe its something to look into and I really hope that png optimizer will come in hand Paul, so we can have a super improved Rev3 :0

- paul - 2009-04-24

Bram77 Wrote:I've done what you suggested in the SP regarding the skin configuration.
But I can't find an option to disable fanart in listview only. And I have the eventserver disabled (a suggestion from Cranial to save memory).
Also, I'm not sure if it makes a difference in memory usage, I have disabled to RSS feed scroller.

Is there a way to make listview default for all views? It seems like the coverflow is default now (it wasn't in the previous version).
Done all those, you can disable the fanart in tv shows from the drop down menu at the top of the screen. after a few more tweaks i now have got it running pretty dam good on my xbox
in tv shows i have now got 21mb free ram with just your backdrop pack running in the background.

- paul - 2009-04-24

g00fy1 Wrote:I just downloaded the archive from the link in cf2009's thread and applied it to your modded theme, it worked just as before with the option in customization to turn off the home menu animation.

That's what I get sitting in the home menu also, 32mb using 960 backdrops.
Ah right i thought you meant 32mb in the tv shows section or the movies section
As i get around 35mb free ram in the home screen.
As for the cf2009s mod i am only using part of his code if you use all of it it removes djh's submenu which looks better in my oppinion but i am working on a fix for makeing the menu bar static as it's annoying when it bloody moves

- paul - 2009-04-24

dynamix Wrote:I had the same lag when testing Auriga Lite Rev1 yesterday. When i switched back to Stark Lite, all was smooth again.

Now i was thinking today what could be the reason for that... I do remember that i didn't delete the guisettings.xml. Maybe that's the solution! Rolleyes

the reason was mainly down to the introduction of the new list views and i had not taken the time to test too much before posting it which is why version 3 is a while away as i am giving it a proper thrashing. not only that you will see more changes the longer i leave it

- paul - 2009-04-24

diemos Wrote:What actually made it 10 FASTER was to use different movie/music, etc.. backdrops, even if i used my original movie fanart for movie backdrops it was much smoother than the original backdrops, i have no idea why, the size is about the same... maybe its something to look into and I really hope that png optimizer will come in hand Paul, so we can have a super improved Rev3 :0

I was and am thinking of just uploading it with no backdrops and let you add your own at least that way it will run quicker and have more memory if you run it without them.
My problem is if i optimize it for my system it may not run so good on yours and everyone else's. but i will give it more thought..
Oppinions please guys on what you want in the way of default backdrops and there size.
do you want the default aeon ones or none or somat else? please chime inSmile

- diemos - 2009-04-24

I think make the revision without it, but add original backdrops as another download, same way as Djh_ with Fonts. Smile

Thank you.

- paul - 2009-04-24

diemos Wrote:I think make the revision without it, but add original backdrops as another download, same way as Djh_ with Fonts. Smile

Thank you.
I was thinking along the same lines. taht way the only things i would need to upload were any changes that i had made from on revision to the next and you would just overwrite your existing .xmls and add inn the appropriate textures. I will get on it in the next day or two
Unless others feel differentlyBig Grin thanks for the input

- neal73 - 2009-04-25

Just wanted to say thanks to Paul for all his work on this - put the latest version on my xbox and it's running perfectly (touch wood!) Played several videos so far without a hitch, and it's looking pretty damned good on my 32" LCD.

Keep on doing what you're doing, as it's pretty mighty fucking good!

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-25

paul Wrote:As for the cf2009s mod i am only using part of his code if you use all of it it removes djh's submenu which looks better in my oppinion but i am working on a fix for makeing the menu bar static as it's annoying when it bloody moves

I'm on the opposite end, I like the cf2009 menu much better than the new Aeon one. Individual taste is a wonderful thing. Big Grin Big Grin

I have several tweaks/mods I do as soon as I get your latest release anyhow, so it's no problem to keep adding the cf2009 menu.

- dynamix - 2009-04-25

dynamix Wrote:I had the same lag when testing Auriga Lite Rev1 yesterday. When i switched back to Stark Lite, all was smooth again.

Well, deleting the guisettings.xml had no result.

diemos Wrote:What actually made it 10 FASTER was to use different movie/music, etc.. backdrops, even if i used my original movie fanart for movie backdrops it was much smoother than the original backdrops, i have no idea why, the size is about the same... maybe its something to look into and I really hope that png optimizer will come in hand Paul, so we can have a super improved Rev3 :0

I can confirm this behaviour on my xbox (running T3CH's 2009-04-23). When using my own backdrop folders (1280x720 BMP's) instead of the default Aeon backdrops, it does run smooth... Kinda strange not all users in here experience the same behaviour.

I would like to see a rev without the default backdrops, as it will solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

- paul - 2009-04-25

neal73 Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to Paul for all his work on this - put the latest version on my xbox and it's running perfectly (touch wood!) Played several videos so far without a hitch, and it's looking pretty damned good on my 32" LCD.

Keep on doing what you're doing, as it's pretty mighty fucking good!
Thanks nice to know the work is appreciatedNod

g00fy1 Wrote:I'm on the opposite end, I like the cf2009 menu much better than the new Aeon one. Individual taste is a wonderful thing. Big Grin Big Grin

I have several tweaks/mods I do as soon as I get your latest release anyhow, so it's no problem to keep adding the cf2009 menu.

I could include those as a seperate folder, the only problem doing that is overwriting the newer.xmls may remove some new feature or fix but i will have to keep an eye on that any way for the exsisting mods to continue working

dynamix Wrote:Well, deleting the guisettings.xml had no result.

I can confirm this behaviour on my xbox (running T3CH's 2009-04-23). When using my own backdrop folders (1280x720 BMP's) instead of the default Aeon backdrops, it does run smooth... Kinda strange not all users in here experience the same behaviour.

I would like to see a rev without the default backdrops, as it will solve this issue. Thanks in advance.
I would strongly advise you to upgrade to one of the xbmc nightly builds as there are a few known bugs in the revision your using i know it gave me loads of problems and Auriga runs much better on the newer builds.
As for the backdrops situation I will just include some basic black backgrounds in the main folder just show it works then you can either set your own backdrops from within Auriga.
I will upload a pack of backdrops all sized at 960x540 some of these i got from Bram77 on this forum.

- kautious - 2009-04-25

paul Wrote:I will upload a pack of backdrops all sized at 960x540 some of these i got from Bram77 on this forum.

CoolCool

- hicaow - 2009-04-25

Quote:Theres a shutdown timer in it sleep timer

im not sure i understand you .. i know their is an option on the right thumbstick click menu for shutdown timer but if i choose it have to than select 6 , move move , 0 , to set 60 .. can a few buttons be added like 30 , 60 , 120 , etc etc .. check the button in Project Mayhem 3 skin , you push up or down and the presets appear.. i run a video playlist at night thats random so the standard XBMC sleep timer can't apply to me as it would never shutoff and play for days ..

one small weird bug i found , when you press the 'info' button on the xbox dvd remote the screen just goes black , you can get back to the menu by hitting back ..

thanx for the answer on the photos! :] .. runnin smooth but the new beta has a nasty memory leak and videos stop working after awhile ..