Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

Fanart not displaying correctly - matt11601 - 2009-04-28

Looking for help here...

1) After entering Games, Pictures, Movies, etc, the fanart displays fine. However the next image in the cycle is not loaded, instead a black screen comes up. Then, when the next image is to be loaded, a new image loads correctly. So the cycle is like this: image -> black -> image -> black.

The only exception to this is the Games menu. In the Games menu, the fanart will only display once and then be black. I think someone mentioned this issue before but I cannot find their post.

Anyone else having this issue?

-Matt

Thanks for the the lite version. It's running very well on my XBOX.

XBMC version: 4/26/2009
Running Revision 3

- paul - 2009-04-28

mcborzu Wrote:Yea I have only the texture.xpr, Resizing all those things has to be my problem with that low amount of free memory...hopefully I can get done by the weekend.

Thx again
Believe me it's worth it
matt11601 Wrote:Looking for help here...

1) After entering Games, Pictures, Movies, etc, the fanart displays fine. However the next image in the cycle is not loaded, instead a black screen comes up. Then, when the next image is to be loaded, a new image loads correctly. So the cycle is like this: image -> black -> image -> black.

The only exception to this is the Games menu. In the Games menu, the fanart will only display once and then be black. I think someone mentioned this issue before but I cannot find their post.

-Matt

Running Revision 3
I'm not entirely sure what your problem is!
But i will take a wild guess and say it has to be a memory issue check all your fanart sizes
i original ran into a similar problem during initial testing and i forgot resize down a few panels in list view and ended up with a black screen and my xbox froze as it had 0mb free ram it sounds like you may have missed one or two overly large fanarts or backdrops
Also i can't stress this enough make sure you have the latest build of xbmc from either T3CH Or the nightly builds if you don't know where to find either of these then pm me and i will give you the links privately otherwise we risk upseting the moderatorsOo

- mcborzu - 2009-04-28

matt11601 Wrote:Looking for help here...

-Matt

Running Revision 3

I had your problem when the first Stark came out, with backdrops not showing and rotating properly...I was chasing solution after solution to no avail, I then updated to a new T3CH release and everything was fine.

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-28

mcborzu Wrote:Paul...thx for the PM reply

I'm using the newest T3CH release....

My problem seems to be Memory related, cant play videos:
Pm3 I have 38500 free
Rev. 2 I have 18500 free
Rev. 3 I have 950 free

I have all my Fanart at 960x540 and new posters at 333x500, but before I knew too much about XBMC I just let Media Companion use default settings and some posters are crazy huge. It's been my rainy day project to resize them but with like 300+ movies it'll be a pain, but I have to get it done, hopefully that and might as well do a clean install while I'm at it will allow me to use Rev. 3.

On a side note:
Since season thumbs are so small now what do you recommend for their size?

That amount of memory seems like there's something else wrong.. Post your log file.

On the fanart issue, I used a bulk file renamer and a bulk image resizer. I FTPed all of my fanart from the Q:UserData/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart directory to a local folder, renamed all of them to .jpg files then bulk resized them then renamed them back to .tbn then uploaded them back to Q:UserData/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart.

This above all improved my performance the most.

Now I use MIP every time I import a new movie and resize it prior to XBMC import.

- mtnman - 2009-04-28

Cranial Wrote:Okay, what release of xbmc are you using? Checked out t3ch lately?

You may be best of doing a full settings reset, or when installing the skin calling it something else, requiring an initial setup.

I'm running the latest from T3CH: T3CH XBMC 2009-04-23 SVN rev19585-9.04-BETA1

"Full settings reset" - does that mean deleting the user gui settings xml file? I've done that each time I FTP the new skin over (after backing it up). Is there something else I should do?

paul Wrote:Upgrade xbmc to the latest Nightly Builds just google for xbmc nightly builds and you will find it easy enough and there only a small download.
And it may be worth you doing a complete reinstall of everything on your hard drive.
But play it safe and copy everything important of C:drive And E:drive also make sure you have a decent boot cd in case it all goes tits up. you should then have a quick and smooth running Aeon_Auriga on your xbox

Woa now nelly! Complete reinstall? I'm not that brave as I have a softmod and don't want to go through all that again. I just know there is some little thing somewhere that I need to blow out - but I'm a newb and don't know where to go looking.

I really want to get your latest and greatest in action! Any other thoughts?

- paul - 2009-04-28

mtnman Wrote:I'm running the latest from T3CH: T3CH XBMC 2009-04-23 SVN rev19585-9.04-BETA1

"Full settings reset" - does that mean deleting the user gui settings xml file? I've done that each time I FTP the new skin over (after backing it up). Is there something else I should do?

Woa now nelly! Complete reinstall? I'm not that brave as I have a softmod and don't want to go through all that again. I just know there is some little thing somewhere that I need to blow out - but I'm a newb and don't know where to go looking.

I really want to get your latest and greatest in action! Any other thoughts?
Quite right if you have the soft mod, my advice for what it's worth is get your self a modchip it will give you far less hassle than the soft mod variety, it's too easy to screw them upEek
i assume you have resized all your posters and fanart? or turned off fanart alltogether.
other than that theres only so much you can do what resolution you outputting it to.
also if it's still no better post a full debug log for arnova to look at that may shed some light.........
Last thought what revision of my mod you using if it's 3 then i may just upload the updated xmls and the few extra changed textures with compile tool if it helps?

- mtnman - 2009-04-28

I'll have to check on the fanart side of things...but the lag was immediately apparent in the tutorial (choppy animation, slow to respond, multiple remote clicks to get a single action, etc) - there isn't any of my fanart in the tutorial right? I couldn't even get out of the settings screens it was so bad. It was hard enough to get to the skin selection to change back to one that works.

I output 720p if that matters...and yes, I've tried rev2 and rev3 of your Auriga. Funny thing is that your Aeon Stark Lite rev3 works just fine for me. Sad

(In my best whiny child voice) I want a new shiny toy! Stare

I'll try again and post a debug log over in that thread if it still is choppy & unresponsive.

- paul - 2009-04-28

mtnman Wrote:I'll have to check on the fanart side of things...but the lag was immediately apparent in the tutorial (choppy animation, slow to respond, multiple remote clicks to get a single action, etc) - there isn't any of my fanart in the tutorial right? I couldn't even get out of the settings screens it was so bad. It was hard enough to get to the skin selection to change back to one that works.

I output 720p if that matters...and yes, I've tried rev2 and rev3 of your Auriga. Funny thing is that your Aeon Stark Lite rev3 works just fine for me. Sad

(In my best whiny child voice) I want a new shiny toy! Stare

I'll try again and post a debug log over in that thread if it still is choppy & unresponsive.
It's ok i fully understand your frustration i wish i had all the answers but i am just a mere mortal like youLaugh but i will try to help to that end try this small update this will bring you inline with my set up and if you have any problems using it then e-mail me or pm me here,
and i will try to help you(if i can) http://www.4shared.com/file/102250744/b7679c99/Revision_3_Update.html
Instructions in the zip file its only about 4mbSmile

- diemos - 2009-04-28

I think I will help most of you with this, because after hours of trying to make the skin as smooth as possible without glitches - it DIDN'T work, until I read something that's not emphasized, or emphasized enough i guess.

***ONLY*** have textures.xpr in your media directory. If you have all the other .pngs and folders and etc it will still work BUT it will be all slow and buggy.

so once again. for xbox users: you should only have textures.xpr in your media folder.

It helped me and the skin(rev3) is running smooth as s*** even with fanart.
Hope this helps.

Resizing fan art solved my problem - matt11601 - 2009-04-28

To give an update on my problem: I resized all of my fan art to 960x540 and saved them as JPG files. This resolved my issues of improper fan art cycling. Thank you very much for the help and thanks to djh_ for the skin and Paul for the optimizations.

As a general question, I'm hoping the games menu could get some treatment as well. I would love to see a multiplex view here where the "info" could be reviews from GameSpot or just general info about the game (Genre, GameSpot rating, Fan Rating, Age Rating, etc). Just throwing out an idea. Love this skin.

- shokka9 - 2009-04-28

yes yes... (hi)

any ideas why when i am in my movies folder...my music backdrops appearHuh

also, how do i set it up so that it shows me the nfo info when i pause on the movie??

I have all my movies in folders (their own) in a single movies folder?

help would be really appreciated.

Smile

- paul - 2009-04-28

diemos Wrote:I think I will help most of you with this, because after hours of trying to make the skin as smooth as possible without glitches - it DIDN'T work, until I read something that's not emphasized, or emphasized enough i guess.

***ONLY*** have textures.xpr in your media directory. If you have all the other .pngs and folders and etc it will still work BUT it will be all slow and buggy.

so once again. for xbox users: you should only have textures.xpr in your media folder.

It helped me and the skin(rev3) is running smooth as s*** even with fanart.
Hope this helps.
erm that's why i gave out clear instructions at the beginning of the thread if users download stuff without bothering to take the time to read the info provided then you will end up with a slow running machine because xbox runs much better using thetextures from a compressed folder(don't ask me why)
So for any newbies out there your welcome to try this BUT PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD
That is to hopefully stop you asking or reporting fault's that we are aware of.
Thank youConfused

- paul - 2009-04-28

matt11601 Wrote:To give an update on my problem: I resized all of my fan art to 960x540 and saved them as JPG files. This resolved my issues of improper fan art cycling. Thank you very much for the help and thanks to djh_ for the skin and Paul for the optimizations.

As a general question, I'm hoping the games menu could get some treatment as well. I would love to see a multiplex view here where the "info" could be reviews from GameSpot or just general info about the game (Genre, GameSpot rating, Fan Rating, Age Rating, etc). Just throwing out an idea. Love this skin.
Thanks. i think there is more planned for the games section but like everything in life good things come to those who wait patiently and of course those who ask nicely!Big Grin
shokka9 Wrote:yes yes... (hi)

any ideas why when i am in my movies folder...my music backdrops appearHuh

also, how do i set it up so that it shows me the nfo info when i pause on the movie??

I have all my movies in folders (their own) in a single movies folder?

help would be really appreciated.

Smile
Not sure why that is the xbox like any pc tends to do some strange things at times one thing i will say is if you use a folder of backdrops that you want it to cycle through say for movies make sure this is not part of the main textures.xpr or it will just whizz through them like roadrunner on steroids have them uncompressed somewhere on your hard drive. not too sure i know what you mean about the info, do you mean the plot info , the flags info or time left to run/time and end time? pressing start brings up a progress bar current time on the left hand side of screen and to the right hand side time when it will finish. pressing the white button brings up title and time position and the total running time. Also from pressing the start button the panel lets you create and manage bookmarks and change all kinds of settings like audio aspect ratio etc etc. hope this is of help.Smile

- shokka9 - 2009-04-28

paul Wrote:not too sure i know what you mean about the info, do you mean the plot info , the flags info or time left to run/time and end time?

yeah bro, this is what i mean, on the older Aeon (& MediaStream), when i was going through my movies, and paused on it, the plot etc would appear..

now it doesnt, i seen this screen shot and i cant get mine to show up, i know i must have something not set right..(this image is not the one i seen), you get the idea tho. Hopefully Big Grin

Not sure about the backdrops in movies either? Other than this is works fine...like it.

Thanks Paul..Wink

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-28

paul Wrote:Upgrade xbmc to the latest Nightly Builds just google for xbmc nightly builds and you will find it easy enough and there only a small download.

This can't be stressed enough! They're squashing bugs and optimizing XBMC just about every day now. I upgraded to Build 19757 and saw noticeable differences.

paul Wrote:Cf2009 has just done a partial fix for his mod pack at my request have not tested it but i think it will work fine he has done 1 pack without submenu and 1 with submenu will test them and let you know.

Paul, does this mean we'll have a release from you with cf2009's original sub menus? This is the only thing that has stopped me from using rev3, I test it but don't use it.

Also, in another thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=325012&postcount=9) you thought about incorporating a multiplex footer in showcase view. This would be an awesome addition or option to your version. Nod

Thanks for your hard work! Much appreciated!