Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- Cranial - 2009-04-29

mtnman Wrote:I'm running the latest from T3CH: T3CH XBMC 2009-04-23 SVN rev19585-9.04-BETA1

"Full settings reset" - does that mean deleting the user gui settings xml file? I've done that each time I FTP the new skin over (after backing it up). Is there something else I should do?

Woa now nelly! Complete reinstall? I'm not that brave as I have a softmod and don't want to go through all that again. I just know there is some little thing somewhere that I need to blow out - but I'm a newb and don't know where to go looking.

I really want to get your latest and greatest in action! Any other thoughts?

If you've made sure you have Textures.xpr and only Textures.xpr in your media folder, then the next option is to do a complete overwrite of xbmc with the latest nightly or T3ch release, incuding userdata and skin folders, and start again. Can't remember when, but I'm pretty sure there was a change in Library, and I had to rebuild mine. Also, if you've at some stage gone from a newer to older release, you're .xbe might be corrupted.

- Cranial - 2009-04-29

paul Wrote:because xbox runs much better using thetextures from a compressed folder(don't ask me why)

Ask me why!!! ha.

I believe it's due to the all the media wrapped up in the Textures.xpr being compressed into a format that's native to the xbox, requiring much less cpu and mem usage when rendering the images.

Disclaimer: This is just my take on it, if I'm wrong I'm sure a dev will spot it and admonish me accordingly.

- paul - 2009-04-29

shokka9 Wrote:yeah bro, this is what i mean, on the older Aeon (& MediaStream), when i was going through my movies, and paused on it, the plot etc would appear..

now it doesnt, i seen this screen shot and i cant get mine to show up, i know i must have something not set right..(this image is not the one i seen), you get the idea tho. Hopefully Big Grin

Not sure about the backdrops in movies either? Other than this is works fine...like it.

Thanks Paul..Wink
This is how it looks on mine and did you apply the updates?http://www.4shared.com/file/102334383/49c15fb8/screenshot000.html

g00fy1 Wrote:This can't be stressed enough! They're squashing bugs and optimizing XBMC just about every day now. I upgraded to Build 19757 and saw noticeable differences.

Paul, does this mean we'll have a release from you with cf2009's original sub menus? This is the only thing that has stopped me from using rev3, I test it but don't use it.

Also, in another thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=325012&postcount=9) you thought about incorporating a multiplex footer in showcase view. This would be an awesome addition or option to your version. Nod

Thanks for your hard work! Much appreciated!
If you want cf2009's submenu download these patch files and overwrite your exsisting ones for now but the next release i will give you all two 720 folders then you have a choice of submenus though you would have to rename the folders. any way download here
http://www.4shared.com/file/102130357/39a8d3b0/cf2009-aeon-modpack-with_sub_menu.html
Yeh i am still waiting for the guy to finish his mod. then i will add it to the skin assuming djh's code doesent change too much to stop it from working which is why i pulled cf's mods out of my last release cos it stopped working corectly with multiplex....what a bummer
Cranial Wrote:If you've made sure you have Textures.xpr and only Textures.xpr in your media folder, then the next option is to do a complete overwrite of xbmc with the latest nightly or T3ch release, incuding userdata and skin folders, and start again. Can't remember when, but I'm pretty sure there was a change in Library, and I had to rebuild mine. Also, if you've at some stage gone from a newer to older release, you're .xbe might be corrupted.
Your right I forgot about those changes to the way the library works, there has also been a number of other fixes fixed including the fault i reported which was in all builds from february untill recently this made my xbox unusable and that was something to do with the networking side of things. So eveveryone needs to be keeping uptodate if they really want this skin to run smoothly as there is only so much i can do with it.
Cranial Wrote:Ask me why!!! ha.

I believe it's due to the all the media wrapped up in the Textures.xpr being compressed into a format that's native to the xbox, requiring much less cpu and mem usage when rendering the images.

Disclaimer: This is just my take on it, if I'm wrong I'm sure a dev will spot it and admonish me accordingly.
I think your right just for a laugh have you tried using xprexpress to compress your textures using the highest compression setting it runs really well but the problem is it looks blloody awfull try it youl seeLaugh

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-29

paul Wrote:If you want cf2009's submenu download these patch files and overwrite your exsisting ones for now but the next release i will give you all two 720 folders then you have a choice of submenus though you would have to rename the folders. any way download here
http://www.4shared.com/file/102130357/39a8d3b0/cf2009-aeon-modpack-with_sub_menu.html

Awesome! Thanks a lot, really!!

paul Wrote:Yeh i am still waiting for the guy to finish his mod. then i will add it to the skin assuming djh's code doesent change too much to stop it from working which is why i pulled cf's mods out of my last release cos it stopped working corectly with multiplex....what a bummer

Excellent.

- Cranial - 2009-04-29

paul Wrote:I think your right just for a laugh have you tried using xprexpress to compress your textures using the highest compression setting it runs really well but the problem is it looks blloody awfull try it youl seeLaugh

Oh I have tried it... The compression artefacts are so bad it appears you have used a bunch of random images generated from radio static.

- paul - 2009-04-29

Cranial Wrote:Oh I have tried it... The compression artefacts are so bad it appears you have used a bunch of random images generated from radio static.
Yeh but it does run better lol. personally i use the default settings for compressionNod

- mtnman - 2009-04-29

Cranial Wrote:If you've made sure you have Textures.xpr and only Textures.xpr in your media folder, then the next option is to do a complete overwrite of xbmc with the latest nightly or T3ch release, incuding userdata and skin folders, and start again. Can't remember when, but I'm pretty sure there was a change in Library, and I had to rebuild mine. Also, if you've at some stage gone from a newer to older release, you're .xbe might be corrupted.

Yep - did this (textures.xpr only, complete overwrite of xbmc with latest T3CH build including user data and skin folders, restart, etc.). Now I didn't first delete XBMC and subfolders...just overwrote with the newest version. At one point I did go from a March build to a February build. Would a complete wipe of the xbmc folder be in order? I think that's what I'll start with next.

Thanks for all the help guys!

- ewaterke - 2009-04-29

@mtnman

Here is my method to do a safe update of XBMC:

1. Install new version of XBMC in a NEW folder (ex: XBMC 2904 istead of XBMC)
2. COPY your userdata folder from XBMC to XBMC 2904 (if you suspect any problem with your personal settings, don't copy this folder and reconfigure manually + rescan library)
3. Copy scripts folder and plugin folder from XBMC to XBMC 2904
4. test everything you want by manualy starting default.xbe in XBMC 2904 folder
5. If everything is working correctly, you just have to rename XBMC folder to XBMC Old and XBMC 2904 to XBMC.
5a. You will not be allowed to rename XBMC folder while in XBMC => you need to launch an other dash and rename from there.

Hope this is clear and will help you.

- paul - 2009-04-29

mtnman Wrote:Yep - did this (textures.xpr only, complete overwrite of xbmc with latest T3CH build including user data and skin folders, restart, etc.). Now I didn't first delete XBMC and subfolders...just overwrote with the newest version. At one point I did go from a March build to a February build. Would a complete wipe of the xbmc folder be in order? I think that's what I'll start with next.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Theres the problem always delete all except for your userdata folder unless you have not updated in over a year as like cranial has said there was a change in the way xbmc handles the library. but i am sure you will get it workingSmile
ewaterke Wrote:@mtnman

1. Install new version of XBMC in a NEW folder (ex: XBMC 2904 istead of XBMC)
2. COPY your userdata folder from XBMC to XBMC 2904 (if you suspect any problem with your personal settings, don't copy this folder and reconfigure manually + rescan library)
3. Copy scripts folder and plugin folder from XBMC to XBMC 2904
4. test everything you want by manualy starting default.xbe in XBMC 2904 folder
5. If everything is working correctly, you just have to rename XBMC folder to XBMC Old and XBMC 2904 to XBMC.
5a. You will not be allowed to rename XBMC folder while in XBMC => you need to launch an other dash and rename from there.

Hope this is clear and will help you.
Now that's exactley how i do it it's a shame i have no prizes to give out otherwise you would have won first prize......Laugh

- jarod71 - 2009-04-29

I tried the latest revision of xbmc as well as the latest aeon form paul, It is smoother, but I still cannot open movies woththe dvd player (not mplayer), it drops to about 5mb and is not enough to open the movie. I really want to use this skin on xbox but I am afraid I will not be able to. Perhaps the Ex from Blackbolt will work. I will stick with PMIII for now. I have a lot of 720p xvid movies and I want to keep them. wish we could get a PMIII with some of the views Aeon has, as all skins Jezz X works on runn so well on xbox.

Keep up the good work Paul!, I will experiment with coverart and poster sizes over the weekend and see if I can achieve a proper balence to get this to play.

I am on a 480P edtv.

- mtnman - 2009-04-29

ewaterke Wrote:@mtnman

Now why didn't I think of that!:o Thanks for waking me up...

paul Wrote:Theres the problem always delete all except for your userdata folder unless you have not updated in over a year as like cranial has said there was a change in the way xbmc handles the library. but i am sure you will get it workingSmile

Thanks again for the xbmc 101 stuff. I can't wait to go tinker later today and get this working! Big Grin

- paul - 2009-04-29

jarod71 Wrote:I tried the latest revision of xbmc as well as the latest aeon form paul, It is smoother, but I still cannot open movies woththe dvd player (not mplayer), it drops to about 5mb and is not enough to open the movie. I really want to use this skin on xbox but I am afraid I will not be able to. Perhaps the Ex from Blackbolt will work. I will stick with PMIII for now. I have a lot of 720p xvid movies and I want to keep them. wish we could get a PMIII with some of the views Aeon has, as all skins Jezz X works on runn so well on xbox.

Keep up the good work Paul!, I will experiment with coverart and poster sizes over the weekend and see if I can achieve a proper balence to get this to play.

I am on a 480P edtv.
Don't give up just yet as the version i am working with is working better and at least for me i managed to squeez an extra 2mb of free ram going upto 35mb free in the home screen 25mb free in tv shows multiplex(using fanart) and about 20mb in movies using multiplex or showcase(with fanart) and so far no memory problems although it will depend on what your setup is like etc i hope to have this out some time over the weekend....
Just a thought i had similar problems with a few movies i had encoded to 720p playing using the dvd player using mplayer works for me have you tried using that?

mtnman Wrote:Now why didn't I think of that!:o Thanks for waking me up...

Thanks again for the xbmc 101 stuff. I can't wait to go tinker later today and get this working! Big Grin

Am sure it will work fine have fun with it as it really is a great skin and is going to get even betterSmile

- jarod71 - 2009-04-29

looking forward to the next revision Paul? also, are you still reducing the graphics or just optimizing the png's? I tried the dvdplayer even with regular divx and it eats up the memory. The 720p xvids I have are high bitrate and play with no framedrops with dvdplayer and many frames skipped with mplayer. I will try one with the latest nightly build however and post my results.

- shokka9 - 2009-04-29

paul Wrote:This is how it looks on mine and did you apply the updates?

Yeah, i used the files in your first post....

made a big mistake....tried a nightly build...27/04/09, xbox wouldnt boot after it...(this was at midnight last night!), left it and fixed it today, got the slayer disc out...formatted & fresh install.

Got it running back as i should...didnt take long...wont be using a nightly build again, keep my trust & faith in t3ch, never let me down yet.

I always have 2 XBMC versions on my xbox...a stable build from 2008 (plays everything i have ever threw at it) and the latest build from t3ch. All good for me...

Anyways...cant work this plot screen out in movies...i must need to turn a setting on? I use Movie Info Plus to get all my movie stuffs, so it should work, the fanart appears fine now (no music ones appear now - format helped Wink). But i cant figure out how to get the plot up. Confused

Also, how do i get my TV Shows to appear, at the moment they are in individual folders in a main folder called TV Shows. When i open the TV Show tab, there is no option to add source? Sorry for noob questions, but i never use that tab (just use movies)..help would be seriously appreciated from anyone.

Thanks Paul & everyone for the help and posts, good to read stuff about this as i use this alot.

Cool

- mtnman - 2009-04-29

paul Wrote:It does make a difference for xbox users and to be honest i did not think it would work.
But it does Aeon Auriga now runs like a hot knife through butter on my xbox thanks for the tipBig Grin

So, am I getting that hot knife with your latest files? I really need to melt some butta! Wink

(sorry for the cross post, but just had to do it)