Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- mcborzu - 2009-04-30

mcborzu Wrote:Paul...thx for the PM reply

I'm using the newest T3CH release....

My problem seems to be Memory related, cant play videos:
Pm3 I have 38500 free
Rev. 2 I have 18500 free
Rev. 3 I have 950 free

Well I decided to install a new copy of XBMC(the newest T3CH) after resizing everything, but somehow that was messed up...I'll fiqure out that one later.

In the meantime I usually use a tiny mod(gettting rid of the white glass overlay on movie posters) then recompress. I decided to just use the .xpr you created, with the 720 update and it was not perfect but it can play movies and TV shows now. Though I cant fast forward movies but that was 50/50 with other heavy skins anyways.

Couple Questions:

1. Can a library be too big? I have about 430 movies and 800 episodes
2. Can you fast forward with Rev 2 and 3 in movies

- paul - 2009-04-30

jarod71 Wrote:looking forward to the next revision Paul? also, are you still reducing the graphics or just optimizing the png's? I tried the dvdplayer even with regular divx and it eats up the memory. The 720p xvids I have are high bitrate and play with no framedrops with dvdplayer and many frames skipped with mplayer. I will try one with the latest nightly build however and post my results.

After someone recomended using png gauntlet i decided to have a go with it.
Downloaded all latest updates and started by resizing every file (by Hand) by 50%
then i ran every single file through png gauntlet(thinking this will do no good and it will screw up the transparency's) It took ages going folder by folder and to my surprise it did not screw up and now i can confirm 2 things 1 it makes a big difference if you can call an extra 2mb big (i do) and 2 never again will i use .jpg images for backdrops they use more memory i now exclusively use .png i will try using bmp later.

shokka9 Wrote:Yeah, i used the files in your first post....

made a big mistake....tried a nightly build...27/04/09, xbox wouldnt boot after it...(this was at midnight last night!), left it and fixed it today, got the slayer disc out...formatted & fresh install.

Got it running back as i should...didnt take long...wont be using a nightly build again, keep my trust & faith in t3ch, never let me down yet.

I always have 2 XBMC versions on my xbox...a stable build from 2008 (plays everything i have ever threw at it) and the latest build from t3ch. All good for me...

Anyways...cant work this plot screen out in movies...i must need to turn a setting on? I use Movie Info Plus to get all my movie stuffs, so it should work, the fanart appears fine now (no music ones appear now - format helped Wink). But i cant figure out how to get the plot up. Confused

Also, how do i get my TV Shows to appear, at the moment they are in individual folders in a main folder called TV Shows. When i open the TV Show tab, there is no option to add source? Sorry for noob questions, but i never use that tab (just use movies)..help would be seriously appreciated from anyone.

Thanks Paul & everyone for the help and posts, good to read stuff about this as i use this alot.

Cool
Sorry to hear things went tits up for you. but at least now your back on track.
With regards to movie plot all the settings for that are on the top menu bar(the one that drops down when you push up on the D pad and navigate to Layout press it and wait a few seconds for it to change Theres Layout plot / Layout Thumb / Layout art. It takes some getting used to but i love multiplex view the best using plot info.
Ok now assuming you have all your tv shows .nfo's etc in one folder like i do then you have to add them using the video option on the home screen go into it hit add source am sure you know the rest.... once you have that done then you have to tell it what the source is by highliteing say tvshows bring up the context men and select set content. after you have done all that it should then be a case you going on holiday while it scans in your shows info ha ha... i hope you understand all this....
mtnman Wrote:So, am I getting that hot knife with your latest files? I really need to melt some butta! Wink

(sorry for the cross post, but just had to do it)
Now now your nearly getting me confused i thought i did not post that here.
You cheeky person youWink but no you have to buy your own knife and butter ha ha ha

mcborzu Wrote:Well I decided to install a new copy of XBMC(the newest T3CH) after resizing everything, but somehow that was messed up...I'll fiqure out that one later.

In the meantime I usually use a tiny mod(gettting rid of the white glass overlay on movie posters) then recompress. I decided to just use the .xpr you created, with the 720 update and it was not perfect but it can play movies and TV shows now. Though I cant fast forward movies but that was 50/50 with other heavy skins anyways.

Couple Questions:

1. Can a library be too big? I have about 430 movies and 800 episodes
2. Can you fast forward with Rev 2 and 3 in movies
Have read somat like this before and to be honest i really don't know enough about how the library works i just know how to use it sorry if that does not help.
But yes i can fast forward Using revision4.5 with next to no problems But i do use mplayer by default as i do have fast forward and rewind problems with dvd player. i hope this is of use to youSmile

Populating the home menu - Sodapop666 - 2009-04-30

In previos releases I have connected the menuoptions to my shares (Tv Shows to Tv Shows, Movies to Movies etc.) in a menu in horizons settings, but I cant find this in stark. So I cant make Movies open with Movies and Tv Shows open with Tv Shows. Is there a way to make this work? Make default in context menu doesnt work either. Im running in file mood for several reasons. Thanks in advance. And thanks for all the hard work.

- paul - 2009-04-30

Sodapop666 Wrote:In previos releases I have connected the menuoptions to my shares (Tv Shows to Tv Shows, Movies to Movies etc.) in a menu in horizons settings, but I cant find this in stark. So I cant make Movies open with Movies and Tv Shows open with Tv Shows. Is there a way to make this work? Make default in context menu doesnt work either. Im running in file mood for several reasons. Thanks in advance. And thanks for all the hard work.
For file mode you have to use video the other two TV Shows and Movies Are Exclusively for the Library mode.
My advice learn to use the library it's easy once you know how.....Big Grin

- mtnman - 2009-04-30

@paul - got it sorted...I'm going to crawl under a rock now. Love the skin!

- jarod71 - 2009-04-30

paul Wrote:After someone recomended using png gauntlet i decided to have a go with it.
Downloaded all latest updates and started by resizing every file (by Hand) by 50%
then i ran every single file through png gauntlet(thinking this will do no good and it will screw up the transparency's) It took ages going folder by folder and to my surprise it did not screw up and now i can confirm 2 things 1 it makes a big difference if you can call an extra 2mb big (i do) and 2 never again will i use .jpg images for backdrops they use more memory i now exclusively use .png i will try using bmp later.

so use .png for fanart as well? just trying to figure this all out. what about dvd covers, can we use .png there too?

- paul - 2009-04-30

mtnman Wrote:@paul - got it sorted...I'm going to crawl under a rock now. Love the skin!
Good for you i am glad you like it.
But rev4.5 is even better i am aiming for monday again for that more later...

jarod71 Wrote:so use .png for fanart as well? just trying to figure this all out. what about dvd covers, can we use .png there too?

Am not certain wether that will help or not but it's worth a shot besides that pngs are of a higher quality in any case just make sure you have plenty of free disk space for your cache
When i find some spare time i will try this out though it is currently running well for me but more is better:p

- shokka9 - 2009-04-30

well. what a numpty i am...

forgot that my movies are NOT even scanned into the library...i thought it would just look in the folder??

anyhow, scanning in (hundreds of movies) and it works as it should.

I cant get any other view tho...i always have flow and flat?? i left it to rest on the layout tab and nothing happens...

Found multiplex, after scanning it all in, its right there!! Thanks PAUL, this is amazing good and easy to use!! But just finding right settings now....multiplex is causing lag in some views?

Runs fine tho. i love it!!

- paul - 2009-05-01

Good to hear your not having any major issues with it.
Were getting thereBig Grin

Quick question - ibejaminben - 2009-05-01

I have been following XBMC for a while but i am a little confused with the install. Do I just need the aeon Auriga lite rar and put that in my skins folder? Or do i need to download aeon first? What about the fonts where to they go? Just a bit confused. Just want some clarity.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-01

ibejaminben Wrote:I have been following XBMC for a while but i am a little confused with the install. Do I just need the aeon Auriga lite rar and put that in my skins folder? Or do i need to download aeon first? What about the fonts where to they go? Just a bit confused. Just want some clarity.

You need to download Aeon Auriga AND the Auriga fonts archives. Install the extracted skin archive into your XBMC skins directory. The fonts go in the Auriga directory in a directory named "fonts".

Looks like this

Q
- skins
- - Aeon Auriga Rev3
- - - 720p
- - - fonts
- - - language
- - - media
- - - sounds

Maybe I'm just slow - ibejaminben - 2009-05-01

There is no fonts file in the download. Do I just put it there? So all i need to the Auriga lite and the fonts?

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-01

ibejaminben Wrote:There is no fonts file in the download. Do I just put it there? So all i need to the Auriga lite and the fonts?

You have to download the fonts archive and the auriga lite revision 3 skin archive since the fonts are not included in the skin archive anymore.

The first post explains it pretty well.

You need these 2 archives to start:

Aeon fonts: http://www.4shared.com/file/10192195...nts260409.html

Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision3: http://www.4shared.com/file/10192948...Revision3.html

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-01

To clarify....

1. Download the archives.
2. Extract them to your local hard drive.
3. FTP the Auriga Lite Revision 3 directory to your XBox Q/skin directory.
4. FTP the Aeon fonts directory to the Auriga Lite Revision 3 directory on your XBox that you just uploaded.

Here's a screenshot of my directory structure on my xbox:

Thanks - ibejaminben - 2009-05-01

Thanks sorry its been a while since I have done this.