Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-05-03

shokka9 Wrote:Dont be sorry bro Wink

I am the same with my users tho (for my ROMs), you feel like you let someone down when you leave something out. Dont, what we get here is amazing...

It runs smooth for me, except if i use library mode and try to play movies? It freezes alot. But if i use files, it is fine...

Look forward to next version..when i get time i will start looking deeper into this, at the moment my head is firmly in Windows Mobile stuff.

Thanks Paul as always. Thanks to you all!!
No problem shokka9 any suggestions or mods / fixes are allways welcome

- mcborzu - 2009-05-03

matt11601....

I'm in the same memory boat as you

In movies(fanart off/backdrops on, showcase flat view) I'm at 12-14mb
TV(multiplex/fanart off/backdrops on) at 16-18
I'm able to play everything but I'm just barely squeaking by...

Still trying different solutions, maybe Wed, or the weekend I'll try redoing the softmod. Other than that I can't think of to much else to do.

- matt11601 - 2009-05-03

mcborzu Wrote:matt11601....

I'm in the same memory boat as you

In movies(fanart off/backdrops on, showcase flat view) I'm at 12-14mb
TV(multiplex/fanart off/backdrops on) at 16-18
I'm able to play everything but I'm just barely squeaking by...

Still trying different solutions, maybe Wed, or the weekend I'll try redoing the softmod. Other than that I can't think of to much else to do.

Sounds like we should both make an official request for help. The work week is coming up so I won't have any time to look at my XBOX. I'm going request help today and hopefully return to this issue next weekend. Hopefully we can get this working.

- w3__ - 2009-05-04

Paul do you think you could throw all these great xbox-friendly skins onto the SVN repo so we can install them through the installer?

- Cranial - 2009-05-04

w3__ Wrote:Paul do you think you could throw all these great xbox-friendly skins onto the SVN repo so we can install them through the installer?

Might be a bit difficult at the moment with the rapidly changing code base and the inclusion of all the mods. Maybe closer to a 1.0 release by Duncan that'll be more of an option.

Also not sure what Duncan's list of approved suggestions actually is, so when that becomes apparent I'm sure Paul will be able to run a git branch.... maybe.

- paul - 2009-05-04

Cranial Wrote:Might be a bit difficult at the moment with the rapidly changing code base and the inclusion of all the mods. Maybe closer to a 1.0 release by Duncan that'll be more of an option.

Also not sure what Duncan's list of approved suggestions actually is, so when that becomes apparent I'm sure Paul will be able to run a git branch.... maybe.
I tried to use that git program thing so that i could get updates easily but it all went tits up.
I just ended up downloading the original skin twice and could not work out how in hell your supposed to update. so all i do is just click and save each new update it's just as quick.
as for the svn i will leave that to someone else, all i am interested in is modifying great skins for the xbox and hopefully annoying the anti xbox league.
Ps cranial i tried your fixes and great they work fine never doubted they would but i did have to add some code to change the font colour from black to white in showcase, will post these updates soon. ie just the .xmlsSmile

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-04

paul Wrote:all i am interested in is modifying great skins for the xbox and hopefully annoying the anti xbox league.

I didn't know there was one.... Well, if there is then let's keep annoying them cause I love this little box! Big Grin

- Cranial - 2009-05-04

paul Wrote:I tried to use that git program thing so that i could get updates easily but it all went tits up.
I just ended up downloading the original skin twice and could not work out how in hell your supposed to update. so all i do is just click and save each new update it's just as quick.
as for the svn i will leave that to someone else, all i am interested in is modifying great skins for the xbox and hopefully annoying the anti xbox league.
Ps cranial i tried your fixes and great they work fine never doubted they would but i did have to add some code to change the font colour from black to white in showcase, will post these updates soon. ie just the .xmlsSmile

Once the time is right I'll get stuck into the git side of things. I'm still learning, but I think it will be handy for people to update small code changes, rather than complete skin downloads. A lot of people do their own customisation, so they will benefit.

We'll see how it goes anyway.

What platform you on Paul? Git is handy when you've got it working.

- paul - 2009-05-04

Cranial Wrote:Once the time is right I'll get stuck into the git side of things. I'm still learning, but I think it will be handy for people to update small code changes, rather than complete skin downloads. A lot of people do their own customisation, so they will benefit.

We'll see how it goes anyway.

What platform you on Paul? Git is handy when you've got it working.
Good old windows xp pro service pack3 but i am hopeing to get a new apple mac mini in a few months to run both XBMC and to use as my main pc. as i have had a go on one and there dam good. but as for the git program i gave up on am too old to learn all that command line stuff. it gives me a headache thinking about itLaugh

- paul - 2009-05-04

g00fy1 Wrote:I didn't know there was one.... Well, if there is then let's keep annoying them cause I love this little box! Big Grin
Oh there is one they just hide under large stones like bugs do.
they like to remain anonymous. but i think it's almost time to dump it seeing as they won't support it. i think they would prefer it if we all put an anorak on and got a linux based machine(no chance) Apple mini yesSmileSmile
Oh well better get back to working on the next revision as i need to try to clean up all those updated .xml files and redo all the dam textures(oh god i hate resizing)

- Bram77 - 2009-05-04

Are you aware of the MS powertoy "Image Resizer"? Let's you resize image from the context menu... For Linux there are several simular (and more powerfull) apps.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

- paul - 2009-05-04

Bram77 Wrote:Are you aware of the MS powertoy "Image Resizer"? Let's you resize image from the context menu... For Linux there are several simular (and more powerfull) apps.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
Not used that in years and am not sure if it will do batch files and keep the bit depth the same if not it will lose the transparency. will have another look at itRolleyes

- shokka9 - 2009-05-04

g00fy1 Wrote:Here's the updated xml files, just plop them into the 720p folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c44de70e1d3bc48e111096d429abd360e04e75f6e8ebb871

Thanks bro...

I was just going thru the posts to find your original post..to do it manually.

You guys are too good.

I do hope that this project on the x-good ol black-box stays here for a long time.

Dont get me wrong, i have a PC (very high spec), an xbox 360, probably enough bits to make a dedicated Media Centre PC. But i like my xbox, i have spent some serious cash on it.

I have a transparent box (standard), chipped, 250GB SATA drive, UV lights in it. Its set me back a little change (xbox only cost £25 from Gamestation).

Anyways, thanks as always peoples. I have been a visitor for a long time to these forums, but only now have i thought it would be nice to join in and try and help.

New mod works a treat, thanx g00fy1!!

- diemos - 2009-05-04

yea Rev 5 works good, hopefully it can be improved more, just an extra 2 or 3 megs Smile also what is the next smaller resolution from 960x540 for fanart?

- paul - 2009-05-04

diemos Wrote:yea Rev 5 works good, hopefully it can be improved more, just an extra 2 or 3 megs Smile also what is the next smaller resolution from 960x540 for fanart?
640x480 i think i have used that size in the past and could not see any change in memory
but it all really boils down to what size and resolution of tv your using the bigger the more juice it needs ie memory as it will either have to upsample all your images or downsample them this is why everybody has a different experiance with running this skin.
I am trying to find more way's of squeezing more performance out of it but don't hold your breath and i find using multiplex view is the best for memory.Smile