Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-05-04

shokka9 Wrote:Thanks bro...

I was just going thru the posts to find your original post..to do it manually.

You guys are too good.

I do hope that this project on the x-good ol black-box stays here for a long time.

Dont get me wrong, i have a PC (very high spec), an xbox 360, probably enough bits to make a dedicated Media Centre PC. But i like my xbox, i have spent some serious cash on it.

I have a transparent box (standard), chipped, 250GB SATA drive, UV lights in it. Its set me back a little change (xbox only cost £25 from Gamestation).

Anyways, thanks as always peoples. I have been a visitor for a long time to these forums, but only now have i thought it would be nice to join in and try and help.

New mod works a treat, thanx g00fy1!!
Don't panic i aint going anywhere at least not anytime soon they wont get rid of me that easy. as long as you guys want the updates i will carry on bashing them out and adding as many usefull mods as i can. unless you guy's prefer to have just the basic skin without any mods, i only put em in cause ther what i useSmileSmileSmile

- needtotest - 2009-05-05

I have not read the entire thread but Bram77 mentioned a resizer program - for batch resizing I am using IrFanView - Thumbnails. Works great for batch converting.

/needtotest

- zitroneneis - 2009-05-05

paul Wrote:Don't panic i aint going anywhere at least not anytime soon they wont get rid of me that easy. as long as you guys want the updates i will carry on bashing them out and adding as many usefull mods as i can. unless you guy's prefer to have just the basic skin without any mods, i only put em in cause ther what i useSmileSmileSmile

That's great - you're doing a fantastic job.

I just hope the X-Box will be supported for a little while longer
... in fact I like it so much that I bought a "new" one two weeks ago. It's perfect for my old TV and cost only about 30€ including a modchip, 160g HDD, games and a remote. No way to get anything comparable for this amount of money on the market.

and I really apreciate it that you include so many usefull mods - they're the "salt in the soup" for Aeon and it saves me a lot of work Big Grin

- paul - 2009-05-05

needtotest Wrote:I have not read the entire thread but Bram77 mentioned a resizer program - for batch resizing I am using IrFanView - Thumbnails. Works great for batch converting.

/needtotest
I have the same but it loses the transparency on all the textures which is why i keep hearing problems of people seeing white dvd covers and the like. so far i have been unable to find a good free program to do it. well have just redone all my textures all 600 of them all by hand
took smeging hours.

- paul - 2009-05-05

zitroneneis Wrote:That's great - you're doing a fantastic job.

I just hope the X-Box will be supported for a little while longer
... in fact I like it so much that I bought a "new" one two weeks ago. It's perfect for my old TV and cost only about 30€ including a modchip, 160g HDD, games and a remote. No way to get anything comparable for this amount of money on the market.

and I really apreciate it that you include so many usefull mods - they're the "salt in the soup" for Aeon and it saves me a lot of work Big Grin
I think the saying is iceing on the cakeSmile But for all you guys on bog standard 16/9 sd and 4/3 sd displays you can save shed loads of memory by reducing the size of your backdrops and fanart to at least 480x270 and i managed a further 2mb in the home screen and no problems playing films or tv shows even with fanart on so it can be done trust me i have.Smile

- dynamix - 2009-05-05

I've got rev5 running very smooth on my xbox. That mem mod is excellent! Haven't fully tested it yet, but all seems smooth for now.

Just a tiny thing i noticed: i see a corrupted image when changing the OSD options under Customize.

- paul - 2009-05-05

dynamix Wrote:I've got rev5 running very smooth on my xbox. That mem mod is excellent! Haven't fully tested it yet, but all seems smooth for now.

Just a tiny thing i noticed: i see a corrupted image when changing the OSD options under Customize.
Thanks hopefully all will be resolved in the next and possibly the last Revision seeing as i have been told by certain xbmc people that my skin is faulty and no good for xbox therfore no support so in future if you have a problem with xbmc don't say your using this skin otherwise they won't help you as somebody else on here is just finding outNo

- neal73 - 2009-05-05

Whoever told you that is completely talking out of their arse. I use Rev.5 as my xbox skin permanently now as I have no problems at all after following the very simple guidelines laid out in this thread.

- paul - 2009-05-05

neal73 Wrote:Whoever told you that is completely talking out of their arse. I use Rev.5 as my xbox skin permanently now as I have no problems at all after following the very simple guidelines laid out in this thread.
Thanks for your support it's because of people like you that keeps me doing what i do.
I am just trying do do my bit to help other people without the know how to keep going with all the new skins being devoloped. so what do they do they rubbish what i do, idiots i say.
If microsoft treat there customers the same as some users get treated on here they would go bust. there arrogant and rude at times and there is no need for it. and if it werent for the xbox i doubt Xbox mediacentre would have ever come about(ooh sorry I mean XBMC).
Getting off the soap box before they shoot meLaugh
But i am pleased my faulty shit rubbish port of Auriga works for you....
Ps it was a developer who said it was a faulty skin so djh there saying it's your bad codeing that's faulty.
(not my oppinion as i love the skin)Nod

paul Wrote:I have the same but it loses the transparency on all the textures which is why i keep hearing problems of people seeing white dvd covers and the like. so far i have been unable to find a good free program to do it. well have just redone all my textures all 600 of them all by hand
took smeging hours.

I see what you mean - resampling and keeping png transparency...googled and it just said that that was not supported in irfanview....

Will keep my eye open and let you know if I find something for that job.
(Paint.Net works and is free - but not sure it can run in batch mode)

/needtotest

Stick with the image resizer from MS Powertoys - that works just fine.

/needtotest

- YesboX - 2009-05-05

OK call me n00b but which skin are we changing with this mod?

- paul - 2009-05-05

needtotest Wrote:I see what you mean - resampling and keeping png transparency...googled and it just said that that was not supported in irfanview....

Will keep my eye open and let you know if I find something for that job.
(Paint.Net works and is free - but not sure it can run in batch mode)

/needtotest
Yeh i use paint.net as it is really easy to use and it does most of what i need but as far as i am aware there is no batch plugins for it which is a real shame so am stuck doing the buggers one at a time
needtotest Wrote:Stick with the image resizer from MS Powertoys - that works just fine.

/needtotest
Power toys resizer is of little use for this 1) there is no option for custom resize and 2) it does not do batch resizing and 3) it removes the transparancey
YesboX Wrote:OK call me n00b but which skin are we changing with this mod?
Well forgive me for saying this but considering i have posted in the Aeon Subforum and the Name of the thread is Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox so my advice would be read the whole thread please or at least read the first post. So the answer is AEON_AURIGA
Huh

- shokka9 - 2009-05-05

Yeah Paul, another satisfied user (on the trusty old xbox). Runs great and love the support here from all users.

Hope this doesnt end.............Smile

Oh...Irfanview is the best thing for batch resizing images, trust me.. Wink

PS...I have a nice collection of 960*540 backdrops for rap/hiphop/rnb peoples out there. If anyone wants i will upload. Building a nice collection of games too...

- jarod71 - 2009-05-05

shokka9 Wrote:Yeah Paul, another satisfied user (on the trusty old xbox). Runs great and love the support here from all users.

Hope this doesnt end.............Smile

are you running on sd res or HD resolution?