Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- shokka9 - 2009-05-05

jarod71 Wrote:are you running on sd res or HD resolution?

sd...

not got my new one yet Smile Very soon, will i get issues or something?

- mcborzu - 2009-05-06

paul Wrote:but it all really boils down to what size and resolution of tv your using the bigger the more juice it needs ie memory as it will either have to upsample all your images or downsample them this is why everybody has a different experiance with running this skin.
I am trying to find more way's of squeezing more performance out of it but don't hold your breath and i find using multiplex view is the best for memory.Smile

If you remember from matt11601 and his thread about memory leaks I had 2 different xbox's with same settings yet one ran with more memory unused than the other. I switched the Xbox that had more memory but the memory dropped to exactly what the previous Xbox had.

The one with more memory was on a 19 inch TV and the living room Xbox is on a 42 inch TV...other than that, settings wise, everything is the same on the two Xbox's.

- paul - 2009-05-06

shokka9 Wrote:Yeah Paul, another satisfied user (on the trusty old xbox). Runs great and love the support here from all users.

Hope this doesnt end.............Smile

Oh...Irfanview is the best thing for batch resizing images, trust me.. Wink

PS...I have a nice collection of 960*540 backdrops for rap/hiphop/rnb peoples out there. If anyone wants i will upload. Building a nice collection of games too...
How did you manage to to keep the transparency using irfanview? is it just a simple setting i may have missed any tips would be helpful ta v much
mcborzu Wrote:If you remember from matt11601 and his thread about memory leaks I had 2 different xbox's with same settings yet one ran with more memory unused than the other. I switched the Xbox that had more memory but the memory dropped to exactly what the previous Xbox had.

The one with more memory was on a 19 inch TV and the living room Xbox is on a 42 inch TV...other than that, settings wise, everything is the same on the two Xbox's.
This confirms what i have thought for long enough now your poor over worked xbox will have to upsample all the backdrops to whatever your screen resolution is i am guessing it will be at least 1280x720. i am running it on a 28" 16/9 sd tv which i think is 480? and i have dropped all my back drops down to 480x270 and i am up to 35mb in home screen 25mb in tv shows screen and 20mb in movies all fanart switched on. so my thinking is your back drops would need to be sized as closely to your screen resolution as possible to avoid as little memory problems as possible in your case ? 1280x720 but my thinking may be well off does anyone know more about this?

- mcborzu - 2009-05-06

Yea on the 19" TV I'm at:

33-35mb for home
22-24 for TV...backdrops on/fanart off
20-23 for Movies...backdrops on/fanart off

The TV is actually 37" with 1366x768 resolution. I'll mess around with different image sizes tommorow...

I just tested Rev.5 without backdrops/fanart on the 37" and instead of 13-14mb in movies I'm at 19mb so I think I found my problem....but as long I can play videos I'm not sweating little things like being able to fast forward.

Great work and thanks Paul!!

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-06

Take a look at your log file, it will tell you what resolution it's in. I'm on a SD 4:3 big screen and it's working fine however I'm going to try downsizing fanart some more as Paul mentioned to see if I can squeeze some more out of it.

On a side note: Paul, don't stop, this is an awesome port of an awesome skin.

- paul - 2009-05-06

mcborzu Wrote:Yea on the 19" TV I'm at:

33-35mb for home
22-24 for TV...backdrops on/fanart off
20-23 for Movies...backdrops on/fanart off

The TV is actually 37" with 1366x768 resolution. I'll mess around with different image sizes tommorow...

I just tested Rev.5 without backdrops/fanart on the 37" and instead of 13-14mb in movies I'm at 19mb so I think I found my problem....but as long I can play videos I'm not sweating little things like being able to fast forward.

Great work and thanks Paul!!
yeh it's worth messing around with different sizes to find the best solution and just as a guide i made up a new skin with no default back drops and i got the same 35mb free ram so that would appear to be the best we can hope for in the home screen but i am going to have a look at some of the other textures to see if i can save a little more memory in other views. but at least it is working ok for you
g00fy1 Wrote:Take a look at your log file, it will tell you what resolution it's in. I'm on a SD 4:3 big screen and it's working fine however I'm going to try downsizing fanart some more as Paul mentioned to see if I can squeeze some more out of it.

On a side note: Paul, don't stop, this is an awesome port of an awesome skin.
I were thinking about it but shokka gave me a kick in the right direction it's good to know the people that count like what i am trying to acheive. so i say to all devs who don't like it sod off and leave me to itWink

- Cranial - 2009-05-06

paul Wrote:so i say to all devs who don't like it sod off and leave me to itWink

Ha....

Did you learn that here:

Wink

- matt11601 - 2009-05-06

paul Wrote:yeh it's worth messing around with different sizes to find the best solution and just as a guide i made up a new skin with no default back drops and i got the same 35mb free ram so that would appear to be the best we can hope for in the home screen but i am going to have a look at some of the other textures to see if i can save a little more memory in other views. but at least it is working ok for you

Interesting. This weekend I will install the new T3ch build and NOT configure backdrops and see what my memory is. If I understand correctly, not using any backdrops should improve memory usage, correct?

- dynamix - 2009-05-06

paul Wrote:Thanks hopefully all will be resolved in the next and possibly the last Revision seeing as i have been told by certain xbmc people that my skin is faulty and no good for xbox therfore no support so in future if you have a problem with xbmc don't say your using this skin otherwise they won't help you as somebody else on here is just finding outNo

Huh, i totally missed that discussion then... Though i can hardly imagine why people wanna do that. Maybe some guys are pointing fingers in the wrong direction?!?

But please keep up the good work! When Stark was announced i certainly had doubts if this skin will ever make it to the xbox... but you made it possible, thanks!

BTW: if anything needs to be tested or you need more info about my config, let me know. I'd be glad if i can help out in any way.

- YesboX - 2009-05-06

Is this the skin? Aeon auriga (FR-fr) this is the one I can see in installer passion skins.

paul Wrote:Well forgive me for saying this but considering i have posted in the Aeon Subforum and the Name of the thread is Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox so my advice would be read the whole thread please or at least read the first post. So the answer is AEON_AURIGA
Huh

BTW I didnt know Aeon auriga was a skin. I told you i was a n00b in previous post.

- needtotest - 2009-05-06

paul Wrote:Power toys resizer is of little use for this 1) there is no option for custom resize and 2) it does not do batch resizing and 3) it removes the transparancey

Well did you try the advanced button? there is a custom size and I think it will keep aspect ratio aswell + you can select all in a folder, right click and resize all....so that is kinda like batch resizing + it does keep transparency. Atleast it did on the few png's I tested.

/needtotest

- needtotest - 2009-05-06

paul Wrote:How did you manage to to keep the transparency using irfanview? is it just a simple setting i may have missed any tips would be helpful ta v much

I tested this and I could get it to keep transparency (download the extra plugins) but only for one color. So it does not work for the alpha channel.
(Atleast that was the conclusion I came to)

/needtotest

- paul - 2009-05-06

Cranial Wrote:Ha....

Did you learn that here:

Wink
I don't need any help in telling people to go away in short jerky movements(if you don't understand what this means then pm me) i no longer give a flying f#*K wether the moderators or developers think about me. I stay only because ther is a demand for xbox friendly skins. And i feel it is worth while for the majority of you guys. if i do go off on one it's not you lot i am getting at don't ever think that.Cool
matt11601 Wrote:Interesting. This weekend I will install the new T3ch build and NOT configure backdrops and see what my memory is. If I understand correctly, not using any backdrops should improve memory usage, correct?
Actually after i resized all my default backdrops(the crappy coloured ones) DOWN TO 480X270 I were getting 35mb in the home screen so i assumed if i removed them i would get more but i just got 35mb? but i am going to experimeny with the other screens to see if more memory can be save on a per view basis i am certain i can do it. it may or may not help you all but it's worth a shotSmile

dynamix Wrote:Huh, i totally missed that discussion then... Though i can hardly imagine why people wanna do that. Maybe some guys are pointing fingers in the wrong direction?!?

But please keep up the good work! When Stark was announced i certainly had doubts if this skin will ever make it to the xbox... but you made it possible, thanks!

BTW: if anything needs to be tested or you need more info about my config, let me know. I'd be glad if i can help out in any way.
will keep it going untill there is no more demand for itLaugh
YesboX Wrote:Is this the skin? Aeon auriga (FR-fr) this is the one I can see in installer passion skins.

BTW I didnt know Aeon auriga was a skin. I told you i was a n00b in previous post.
It says Aeon Auriga in the thread title not sure what you mean by (FR-fr) and have no idea what this has to do with installer passion skin, maybe i am missing something. And i told you it was Aeon Auriga you never said you had no idea what it was( Its a skin For XBMC On the xbox) clear enough (sorry no offence intendid)
needtotest Wrote:Well did you try the advanced button? there is a custom size and I think it will keep aspect ratio aswell + you can select all in a folder, right click and resize all....so that is kinda like batch resizing + it does keep transparency. Atleast it did on the few png's I tested.

/needtotest
Yes but again the biggest problem is whatever size you pick to resize them by it will resize them all to that size i need a resizer that allows you to do a full folders worth at a time and have the ability to resize by percentage of the original size and so far can't find away to do all that and still maintain transparency, i must be missing somat (no not a brain cell)Laugh

- mtnman - 2009-05-06

mtnman Wrote:gimp works pretty well too!

Paul - I normally use Photoshop, but have been playing around with Gimp as I mentioned a while back in this thread. It is open source and there are a number of batch processing plugins available...

- mtnman - 2009-05-06

Oh, and I just have to say...THANKS!

As someone with two xboxes in the house I really hope you don't spin down. I just don't get why people bag on the origins of the xbmc platform. There simply isn't a better media center around that can be had for $40 USD! When I was looking for a platform and started asking over at AVS I got an overwhelming response for xbmc on xbox. This was in the htpc forum!

I'm a techie by trade, always build my own pc rigs (three currently - one gaming, one digital audio workstation, and one media/backup server), and could have happily put together a killer silent/passive htpc. But the VALUE proposition wasn't there for me. I already have a blu ray player, very nice receiver, etc hooked up to my projector (with 150" 16:9 screen) and 46" HDTV. The xbox w/xbmc made the most sense.

My son has an xbox, a 360, ps2, the gaming rig, etc. He would rather use xbmc as opposed to the 360 when it comes to movie and music content streaming.

Sorry to take this off topic, but I wanted to say that without guys like you paul the xbox wouldn't be such a GREAT media platform. Sure I could use the older skins, but what you have done with Auriga makes everything sizzle. Keep up the good work!