Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-05-06

mtnman Wrote:Paul - I normally use Photoshop, but have been playing around with Gimp as I mentioned a while back in this thread. It is open source and there are a number of batch processing plugins available...
Thanks not thought of gimp i will try it seeing as it is free just hope it's not overly complicated.
mtnman Wrote:Oh, and I just have to say...THANKS!

As someone with two xboxes in the house I really hope you don't spin down. I just don't get why people bag on the origins of the xbmc platform. There simply isn't a better media center around that can be had for $40 USD! When I was looking for a platform and started asking over at AVS I got an overwhelming response for xbmc on xbox. This was in the htpc forum!

I'm a techie by trade, always build my own pc rigs (three currently - one gaming, one digital audio workstation, and one media/backup server), and could have happily put together a killer silent/passive htpc. But the VALUE proposition wasn't there for me. I already have a blu ray player, very nice receiver, etc hooked up to my projector (with 150" 16:9 screen) and 46" HDTV. The xbox w/xbmc made the most sense.

My son has an xbox, a 360, ps2, the gaming rig, etc. He would rather use xbmc as opposed to the 360 when it comes to movie and music content streaming.

Sorry to take this off topic, but I wanted to say that without guys like you paul the xbox wouldn't be such a GREAT media platform. Sure I could use the older skins, but what you have done with Auriga makes everything sizzle. Keep up the good work!
No worries mate i don't mind people going off topic and i doubt no one else will either.
As for xbox skins i am looking forward to getting my mitts on that experiance skin when they release it. and if needed i will work my magic on that as well but to play safe i will pm the author to get his approval first and of course theres skunkmonkees mini media that also looks rather nice. so theres more to come from me. God i sound like a stuck record when i keep saying thanks for the support as it really has surprised me so onwards and upwards.......Big Grin

- diemos - 2009-05-06

Oh without a doubt, thank you for all the hard work you put into this xbox mod. If it wouldn't be for you, I don't know how I would enjoy Aeon. Please continue and thank you very much.

There is a reason this thread is 5th largest in the whole auriga forum. Thanks again.

- paul - 2009-05-06

diemos Wrote:Oh without a doubt, thank you for all the hard work you put into this xbox mod. If it wouldn't be for you, I don't know how I would enjoy Aeon. Please continue and thank you very much.

There is a reason this thread is 5th largest in the whole auriga forum. Thanks again.

I had noticed the other thread with the other xbox friendly version soon died a death.
But not really noticed this thread being so popular it's nice to know all the same.
Just an update there has not been any real updates on github for a few day's now so i will hold of releasing revision6 untill something major changes or i see some really cool mod or you lot see something you want in it so let me know what ya need. in the mean time i am going to be doing a rework of my horizon mod as per jarods request and have been promising him a fix for ages. but i will keep a close eye on this thread and not bailing out.

- diemos - 2009-05-07

I've just noticed that I can't switch views in TV Shows. WTF? Anyone else have this problem?

- mcborzu - 2009-05-08

diemos Wrote:I've just noticed that I can't switch views in TV Shows. WTF? Anyone else have this problem?

There is a setting to unlock all views under advanced settings

- paul - 2009-05-08

mcborzu Wrote:There is a setting to unlock all views under advanced settings
Yup there is though why you would want to use anything other than multiplex is beyond me,
But we all like different things i suppose.

- Cranial - 2009-05-08

Paul,

How did you get around the resizing problem on the /thumbs (and now Multiplex frames) ?

Or do you just not resize them now?

And you do know my 'win friends and influence people' thing was just me being my usual smartarse...

- paul - 2009-05-08

Cranial Wrote:Paul,

How did you get around the resizing problem on the /thumbs (and now Multiplex frames) ?

Or do you just not resize them now?

And you do know my 'win friends and influence people' thing was just me being my usual smartarse...

The only things i do not resize are the frames with the blue highlights around them as they did not look right when resized not that there was any saving on memory any way other than that nearly all textures are resized down by 50% some of the larger ones by 75%
Oh and i realised you were only jokeing (hope i did not come accross as being pissed of about it as it made me laugh)Laugh

Update? - paul - 2009-05-12

Seeing as there has been no updates for over a week now i have decided to postpone releasing Revision6 but as i have added a number of small mods like the one to reduce the poster sizes in showcase which does improve on both memory and navigation. i have also altered the large info panel for a black one i just changed the saturation levels to make it black. so i will package up a full set of the .xmls and just for now a small Version5.5.xpr
with just a few textures i have added or changed then you can use that as a theme.
will upload on wednesday all being well. Smile

- Bram77 - 2009-05-12

Great! This is a welcome update. The skin is a delight on my XBOX. But every KB I can save is great. There still are some lockups due to memory shortage (fanart on Smile)

- Rossmac - 2009-05-12

Good work Paul - it's good to see that you've taken a keen interest in getting this resource heavy skin working well on the Xbox! I love my Xbox as the media centre for my house and I've been checking this thread for updates.

Even after reducing my fanart and posters to the smaller sizes though, I still cannot play any videos! I plan to look into this in great detail and get it working fine after my exams, so I'm sure you'll see me posting a bit after 2nd June (damn finals).

Good luck, good work and thanks for keeping this updated!

- mcborzu - 2009-05-12

As hard as keeping up with all the changes now Auriga is branching off into a bunch off tiny mods that some like and some don't...I bet it's getting difficult to decide what to and not to include.

- Cranial - 2009-05-12

mcborzu Wrote:As hard as keeping up with all the changes now Auriga is branching off into a bunch off tiny mods that some like and some don't...I bet it's getting difficult to decide what to and not to include.

Hard enough just keeping track of everything, let alone including.

I've personally decided to stick to chasing down bugs (like navigation glitches in settings->customise) for now and just doing some general clean up. Plus learning a bit more about optimising and resizing media. I'm testing and retesting various ways to save memory usage and wrapping them up in xpr's.

Hopefully if I can keep all of this well documented it should help when Duncan releases the next raft of updates. But as of now I'm not sure what he has in stall, and I don't know what he is including from the long long list of mods out there. For instance, the genre mod is a real pain in the butt to keep working with viewtype code changes, so I'm leaving that alone until the code stabilises then I'll work through it piece by piece and hopefully incorporate it then.

Naturally any improvements and bug fixes I find I'll be passing onto Paul, as this will help all of us xbox users. And to be honest, a bit of the stuff we find that helps us (in the code, not media) will probably help everyone out there.

- paul - 2009-05-12

mcborzu Wrote:As hard as keeping up with all the changes now Auriga is branching off into a bunch off tiny mods that some like and some don't...I bet it's getting difficult to decide what to and not to include.
It's difficult that's for sure. i do try to put in as many mods as i can some mods most people wont even be aware of as some of them are very subtle changes. The main reason the mods are there is simple i like them. but there are a few others not in it like the film trailors in multiplex i have not put that in as i fail to see the point of it but if someone wanted it desperately i would most likely oblige and put it in but i want to keep it as clean and easy to use as is possible. thanks for the continued interest in this guys. i will continue to to try to keep up with all the mods and updates for this whilst keeping up with my other modded skins(not enough hours in the day)Laugh

- paul - 2009-05-12

Cranial Wrote:Hard enough just keeping track of everything, let alone including.

I've personally decided to stick to chasing down bugs (like navigation glitches in settings->customise) for now and just doing some general clean up. Plus learning a bit more about optimising and resizing media. I'm testing and retesting various ways to save memory usage and wrapping them up in xpr's.

Hopefully if I can keep all of this well documented it should help when Duncan releases the next raft of updates. But as of now I'm not sure what he has in stall, and I don't know what he is including from the long long list of mods out there. For instance, the genre mod is a real pain in the butt to keep working with viewtype code changes, so I'm leaving that alone until the code stabilises then I'll work through it piece by piece and hopefully incorporate it then.

Naturally any improvements and bug fixes I find I'll be passing onto Paul, as this will help all of us xbox users. And to be honest, a bit of the stuff we find that helps us (in the code, not media) will probably help everyone out there.
Thanks cranial i appreciate any help on the code side. I have managed to save another 2mb of ram in showcase by reducing the sizes of the covers which has the added advantage of showing more fanart plus it runs smoother. i am also going to explore the possibility of trying to add a filemanager seeing as nobody seems to put them in skins any more though i don't rate my chances of makeing it work but i have to try it it's that or keep switching skins every time i need to move files etc. as for the submenu mod for now it works as well as it ever will for now i like you had to go through ever single line of code working out what was added and where it goes not easy when you don't fully understand xml but am slowly learning(god i'm too old for this learning shit)Laugh