Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- frater - 2009-05-16

Cranial Wrote:Ah I see. This is for xbox xbmc only. I don't think other ports of xbmc like textures.xpr very much.

I also saw it looks quite ugly in XBMC for Windows.
Shouldn't the devs be made aware of this difference?
Any difference in handling of the different ports should be reduced to a minimum.

Most of the XBMC-devs are already eager to ditch the xbox-version. It's a real shame as they really need the good reputation of XBMC to survice (still)...

I used to be a full-time developer in Clipper (a popular dBase compiler). When Computer Associates bought it, they thought they could port everyone to their Windows port of it... It didn't happen...
It was the end of it, although I still see some apps made with it.

The only thing Clipper needed was access to the "extended memory" which was available to win32-applications..
A GUI doesn't make office-application faster or better. Often they are just slowing it down.
I finally stopped programming because I couldn't find a good replacement (wasn't looking hard enough).

- frater - 2009-05-16

Is this >revision 5 being released any time soon or is it out already (Paul spoke about Friday)

- Bram77 - 2009-05-16

Take a look at the start post Smile

- paul - 2009-05-16

needtotest Wrote:...actually just did a fresh install - downloaded rev 5 and the fonts.
It starts up in settings and there are black vertical lines on the left side of the png overlay. And when you "surf" around it is the same all over the skin. I tested this on vista (running 1024x768) and win7 (running 1440x900). But just to be clear - I left it untouched.

/needtotest
You may of course run this on your pc as i do but don't pack the textures up, my monitors resolution is 1680x1050 and i do not see the kinds of glitches you mention.
But it clearly states that it is for the xbox at the start of the thread and it is not a design fault.
Cranial Wrote:Ah I see. This is for xbox xbmc only. I don't think other ports of xbmc like textures.xpr very much.
Dam right they don't i wish people would take the time to read the information provided before complaining which brings me to the next thread:p ps how is it on yours cranial?

- paul - 2009-05-16

Deleted

- frater - 2009-05-16

Quote:Revision 5 has been out for 2 dam weeks? rev6 is now out.
With " >revision 5 " I meant a version bigger than revision 5 as you spoke of 5.5 and then 6..

I can see version 6 now.
Have been looking quite often today and yesterday (on the first page) and in the end you just start looking to the last links as one expects it there....
Has it been up since yesterday, then?
Must have looked about 10 times since....

Quote:i'm not asking much, if i sound pissed off it's because i had 16 hours straight trying to get this working as well as possible. then you and some others can't be arsed to take the time to read properly. i am slowley getting tired of hearing the same shit then we wonder why djh has pissed off to god knows where.
We're all doing our contributions...
I've written a lot of shell scripts for the public domain and do a fair share of helping out others regarding DD-WRT, transmission and the WD Worldbook.

- paul - 2009-05-16

Deleted

- frater - 2009-05-16

Who said anything about fault?
No-one at the end of this thread mentioned anything about a revision 6 being out and I just wondered if I somehow missed it, which apparently I did.

I appreciate your work which is exactly the reason why I've been looking that often on the first page. I'm giving you the REASON why I missed it and I'm not BLAMING you as you suggested.

Maybe you should get some sleep

- shokka9 - 2009-05-16

Cranial Wrote:Use 9.04 Final: Babylon from T3ch. It's the stable build, and is newer than 19856 (this is RC1, not final).

I'd stick with that for now, as any svn builds later than that will be including some skinning engine changes, and not sure yet how that will affect the xbox and aeon.

But as soon as it is feasible, I will test the newer builds and see how it goes. Save you having to do it.

Thanks Cranial & Paul.

I will ftp the Babylon final over. Cool. I will also look at the fonts too.

May aswell get the new Rev of Auriga over too, at the same time.

Thanks again guys. Great thread full of nice people Smile

- Rossmac - 2009-05-16

Good work Paul, works well here! Thanks!

- frater - 2009-05-16

I don't even understand why I'm putting an effort in apologizing. For what?

I just asked if it already was released. An "open your eyes" response is alright, but to go ballistic and making me out for a unappreciative leecher is insulting and way out of line.

Just because you wrote something pro deo doesn't mean you're entitled to act this way. If you need humility and arse kissing in return for your work (there goes pro deo) I rather pass and wait until something better comes along.

I guess others will now react by telling how right you are...
They just proof to me how eager they are to be included in your little 5-friend circle....

BTW: rev6 results in memory leaks where rev5 leaves about 15 MB free

- wannabegt4 - 2009-05-16

Found the Easter egg. Very funny.

Thanks Paul for all you have done. This is great.

Case Closed - paul - 2009-05-16

shokka9 Wrote:Thanks Cranial & Paul.

I will ftp the Babylon final over. Cool. I will also look at the fonts too.

May aswell get the new Rev of Auriga over too, at the same time.

Thanks again guys. Great thread full of nice people Smile
If you still have the fonts from revision5 you can use those. If you do find any strange bugs let me know as i have not had chance to test it that much though i did find a drop of 1mb on all screens weired must be my bad hacking skills will have a fresh look at it in a few day's

Rossmac Wrote:Good work Paul, works well here! Thanks!
It's a wonder it works at all after the setbacks during the day god i hate codeing....
But am pleased it works ok for you
frater Wrote:I don't even understand why I'm putting an effort in apologizing. For what?

I just asked if it already was released. An "open your eyes" response is alright, but to go ballistic and making me out for a unappreciative leecher is insulting and way out of line.

Just because you wrote something pro deo doesn't mean you're entitled to act this way. If you need humility and arse kissing in return for your work (there goes pro deo) I rather pass and wait until something better comes along.

I guess others will now react by telling how right you are...
They just proof to me how eager they are to be included in your little 5-friend circle....

BTW: rev6 results in memory leaks where rev5 leaves about 15 MB free
Try reading from post 478 i stated there it was uploaded early hours of this morning.
If you feel hard done by then i do know how you feel as i once made the same mistake as you by jumping to the end of a thread and i got flamed by around 4 or 5 other users and djh himself. so in comparison you got quite a tame response. and as djh say's if you don't like it don't use it(oh that's right i'm the only daft bugger keeping it going for xbox)
I only keep doing it as i like to feel i am doing some good for all xbox / xbmc users.
I simply have not got the inclination or time to answer silly questions when all you had to do was open your eyes and read. yes i did over react to your lazyness. but don't expect an apology from me. case closed

- paul - 2009-05-16

wannabegt4 Wrote:Found the Easter egg. Very funny.

Thanks Paul for all you have done. This is great.
Ha ha some one spotted it that's cheered me up, i was originally going to make it more rude but then thought i had better not as your children may see it or it may offend people.
If you want to change it open up DialogBusy.xml in notepad or similar and edit the last line
To whatever you fancySmile

- frater - 2009-05-16

Quote:I simply have not got the inclination or time to answer silly questions when all you had to do was open your eyes and read. yes i did over react to your lazyness. but don't expect an apology from me. case closed

So, why did you react? You should have let me wait some longer then for my supposed lazyness...

I wasn't lazy, I've looked about 10 times since yesterday and somehow I didn't notice it. I probably was just tired this morning because I've been doing this kind of "community-work" myself and ever since recently my eyesight is blurred in the morning due to a Blepharitis infection.