Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- Cranial - 2009-05-16

Just got home. Too lazy/drunk to quote people. Paul, thanks for all the great work you keep putting in. And thanks for putting up with all the people. I really don't like people. I'm a grumpy old man. It's my way. It's why I send you the bits and pieces, and let you put up with the aftermath.

Frater, don't stress, Paul is cool, he just gets the same questions a lot. I know how much effort you do put into helping the different ports of xbmc, so I'm happy to give you any help you need. Just ask when I'm less wobbly.

I'm running my compressed version of the latest github version of Auriga on the xbox. It's running a treat. No memory problems to speak of. When I get all of my personal glitches ironed out I'll dump it to Paul so he can work his magic and make sure all my crap is world ready, then all of you annoying people can see what you think.
P.S. any issues, I don't care, hahaha, bite me.

- needtotest - 2009-05-16

Knows that it says xbox - still thought that it would work on windows though. My tv is not HD anything so were just going for some speed/resource optimization + an easy way to get some of all the nice mods. Did not see it was using xpr - since all the textures are all there in the media folder. And looking at those they looked just fine - so maybe it is the xpr that gives me the problem. Can I switch to the png's ... and not use the xpr?

...Also I am with Cranial on the earlier "issues". So cool down and just enjoy xbmc. And Paul I think it is better not to answer if you feel the question i too much. If you look at the forums lately - and i know you have...there has been quite a lot of "barking".

Keep up the good work.

/needtotest

Roll on 7 - paul - 2009-05-17

Cranial Wrote:Just got home. Too lazy/drunk to quote people. Paul, thanks for all the great work you keep putting in. And thanks for putting up with all the people. I really don't like people. I'm a grumpy old man. It's my way. It's why I send you the bits and pieces, and let you put up with the aftermath.

Frater, don't stress, Paul is cool, he just gets the same questions a lot. I know how much effort you do put into helping the different ports of xbmc, so I'm happy to give you any help you need. Just ask when I'm less wobbly.

I'm running my compressed version of the latest github version of Auriga on the xbox. It's running a treat. No memory problems to speak of. When I get all of my personal glitches ironed out I'll dump it to Paul so he can work his magic and make sure all my crap is world ready, then all of you annoying people can see what you think.
P.S. any issues, I don't care, hahaha, bite me.
Are you drunk again, you aussies are as bad as us brits when it comes to boozeLaugh
Cranial i have just tried cf2009's latest pack on a clean install of auriga of github.
And all works well apart from list view this time all you get is the glass overlays.
I had a look at your fixes for the moviegenre.xml and he has put in some extra code.
so i added his new stuff in to yours and the best i got was the default genre poster showing it's beyond my limited codeing skills ay this point. i will also drop cf a line aswell on this matter, as i would really love to nail down this problem, before some idiot say's it don't work etc etc.Smile
needtotest Wrote:Knows that it says xbox - still thought that it would work on windows though. My tv is not HD anything so were just going for some speed/resource optimization + an easy way to get some of all the nice mods. Did not see it was using xpr - since all the textures are all there in the media folder. And looking at those they looked just fine - so maybe it is the xpr that gives me the problem. Can I switch to the png's ... and not use the xpr?

...Also I am with Cranial on the earlier "issues". So cool down and just enjoy xbmc. And Paul I think it is better not to answer if you feel the question i too much. If you look at the forums lately - and i know you have...there has been quite a lot of "barking".

Keep up the good work.

/needtotest
Yes if you delete the .xpr out of the media folder it will run fine. i know if i run the stock skin from github on my pc it is slow so i have to optimize it for my pc i had thought of releasing another version for that purpose will give it some thought as for farter(sorry frater) he is know on my ignore list and i am quite cool and chilled.

- diemos - 2009-05-17

Thank Paul, about to update right now, can't wait.

I just redid fanart to 720x405 and 80% with IrfanView and it doesn't look good, i'll probably change it again. Also, I deleted my library database and now for some reason I can't get any of my movies into Library unless I view each one as View Movie Information(then it adds to library) I've tried refreshing, rescanning and updating library, and still nothing. Any ideas?

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-17

paul Wrote:It's a wonder it works at all after the setbacks during the day god i hate codeing....

Paul, if you run into a roadblock with the coding just PM me and I'll do what I can. Like I mentioned, I'm a pretty good programmer but I'm fairly new to XBMC's XML code.

- paul - 2009-05-17

diemos Wrote:Thank Paul, about to update right now, can't wait.

I just redid fanart to 720x405 and 80% with IrfanView and it doesn't look good, i'll probably change it again. Also, I deleted my library database and now for some reason I can't get any of my movies into Library unless I view each one as View Movie Information(then it adds to library) I've tried refreshing, rescanning and updating library, and still nothing. Any ideas?
That's an odd resolution still if it works for you great.
Try using clean library in settings that may do the trick. the other way is go into videos and delete the source. then start from scratch but that's the last option as it takes ages to scan your media on xbox you could go on holiday while it does it only to find it's still going when ya come backLaugh

- neal73 - 2009-05-17

Paul, I'd love to know what you're doing to get 23mb free in tv mode. I can only get 15mb free tops, and thats with fanart off, reduced icons and reduced wallpaper in multiplex view. I set the compression for textures.xpr to low to see if that would squeeze a bit more out, but no joy.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-17

shokka9 Wrote:@ Everyone
Is there an easy mod i can do myself so that i can increase font size, or is a bit of a mission?

It's pretty easy, just go through Font.xml and increase the size of the ones you want bigger.

Here's mine for the main fontset, you'll see where I changed them, I comment the original size next to the new one:

http://pastebin.com/f74eeb25d

- paul - 2009-05-17

neal73 Wrote:Paul, I'd love to know what you're doing to get 23mb free in tv mode. I can only get 15mb free tops, and thats with fanart off, reduced icons and reduced wallpaper in multiplex view. I set the compression for textures.xpr to low to see if that would squeeze a bit more out, but no joy.
Actually i lied about getting 23mb free ram. I actually get between 24 and 25mb with fanart on in multiplex view using 960x540 fanart and using the same skin as revision6 all textures compressed using xprexpress using standard settings but its all down to the size of your tv etc mine is an old panasonic 16/9 SD 28" so it is not outputting to 720 and using 720 or 1080 will use far more memorySmile
Here is a screen shot http://www.4shared.com/file/105817687/8f726b89/screenshot000.html

- neal73 - 2009-05-17

Ahhh....i'm on a 32" LCD with the xbox outputting at 720p.

- paul - 2009-05-17

ere just tried your font.xml i got no fonts on screenLaugh
No problem just ftp another one over and reboot.
i looked at it and it looks ok so not sure whats wrong, need to sleep maybeLaugh

- mcborzu - 2009-05-17

I was expecting much but I was able to get an extra 2mb of memory with this release, and that was using xbmctex not the new XPRExpress, plus the little mod I use that always caused problems with other revisions(memory wise). Plus I've always like those menu backdrops. What ever you're doing keep it up, you know how valuable that memory is....

Side Note--

Anyone get that XPRExpress to work on Windows7, if yes any suggestions?

- paul - 2009-05-17

mcborzu Wrote:I was expecting much but I was able to get an extra 2mb of memory with this release, and that was using xbmctex not the new XPRExpress, plus the little mod I use that always caused problems with other revisions(memory wise). Plus I've always like those menu backdrops. What ever you're doing keep it up, you know how valuable that memory is....

Side Note--

Anyone get that XPRExpress to work on Windows7, if yes any suggestions?
I am amazed it's saved you 2mbs as i were expecting people to say they had lost 1 or 2 because of the extra mods etc in it as i myself lost 1mb on all screens still got plenty in reserve though. not got a clue regarding windows7 but does it still give you the option to run it as say windows xp, as xp has that function for running apps in emulation it's worth a lookSmile

- Bram77 - 2009-05-17

I've lost 1MB to. But the skin does feel more snappy!

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-17

paul Wrote:ere just tried your font.xml i got no fonts on screenLaugh
No problem just ftp another one over and reboot.
i looked at it and it looks ok so not sure whats wrong, need to sleep maybeLaugh

It's not a full Font.xml file, it's just a snippet of it... The main Aeon font set.

Going to try v6 right now. Will post back.

Thanks Paul!!