Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- kruykaze - 2009-05-22

paul Wrote:This should fix your problems http://www.4shared.com/file/106838734/e706d064/MyVideoNav.html

Just overwrite the old file and it should now work if it's the problem i think it is, as i had a problem like it a few weeks back and this fixed it then:p

it did thx

Preview of whats to come - paul - 2009-05-22

Hi guys just a got a small preview of what's coming up in the next few day's
I have created a small slide show showing off the two brand new views that two other talented users created many thanks to gOOfy1 for makeing the showcase mod work nice one i owe you one. and personaly my favourite is the new multiplex this view is out standing it really shows off the fanart to it's fullest There are a couple of issues with it and i hope to sort it all out soon i have left out the other transparency mod for now as i feel it is really rather redundent now, i still have a lot of work re writeing the mediaflags.xml for use with the new multiplexview but if i still have not totally fineshed that and sorted out the various new bugs by sunday evening then i will upload what i have done early monday morning.
Also sorry to say this but this will be the last One for some time. at least untill djh gets back on with some updates and so forth and also because i feel this skin is pretty feature full now,
at least for my own use, that's not to say i am quitting doing what i have been doing for xbox users around the world as i intend to stay and annoy all those folk who want to see the xbox shot. so i will still be around for any issues that arise or to make small changes etc.

as the old saying goes when the rough gets tough the tough get goingLaugh
well heres the link and please no laughing at at my poor atempt at creating a slideshow it's only to give you an idea of what's ahead http://img199.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img199/6554/1242982144lk8.smil

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-22

paul Wrote:If you want me to be honest then it's gong to be the start of a slippery road and before we know it will look nothing like auriga the position of it is fine by me but it's not in keeping
with the rest of the skin that volume bar was great for project mayhem3 /HD god i hate sounding negative, One kind of idea that would be in keeping would be to use a much smaller version of the normal progress bar for videos the one you see when pausing a video
and maybe bung it in the top left corner. it's difficult for me to explain what i mean i will try to knock some sort of mock up for ya. but i had thought it might look nice to have all the dialogs etc in like a light charcoal black in the same style as they are now with the blue highlite round the edges, but it would probably look crap seeing as i am artistically challenged.
but if you like it please don't let me put you off using it / makeing it.Smile

That's cool, I wanted an honest opinion. Dropping the PM3 bar in there was a quick and easy fix.

I just hate that big volume bar. I'll try photoshopping a smaller less obtrusive version of the original one and see how that looks.

- yadster - 2009-05-22

Looks really really really really nice :-) It amazes me that my clunky old xbox is capable of doing so much and looks good while doing it. Keep up the good work Paul.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-22

paul Wrote:Hi guys just a got a small preview of what's coming up in the next few day's
I have created a small slide show showing off the two brand new views that two other talented users created many thanks to gOOfy1 for makeing the showcase mod work nice one i owe you one. and personaly my favourite is the new multiplex this view is out standing it really shows off the fanart to it's fullest There are a couple of issues with it and i hope to sort it all out soon i have left out the other transparency mod for now as i feel it is really rather redundent now, i still have a lot of work re writeing the mediaflags.xml for use with the new multiplexview but if i still have not totally fineshed that and sorted out the various new bugs by sunday evening then i will upload what i have done early monday morning.
Also sorry to say this but this will be the last One for some time. at least untill djh gets back on with some updates and so forth and also because i feel this skin is pretty feature full now,
at least for my own use, that's not to say i am quitting doing what i have been doing for xbox users around the world as i intend to stay and annoy all those folk who want to see the xbox shot. so i will still be around for any issues that arise or to make small changes etc.

as the old saying goes when the rough gets tough the tough get goingLaugh
well heres the link and please no laughing at at my poor atempt at creating a slideshow it's only to give you an idea of what's ahead http://img199.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img199/6554/1242982144lk8.smil

Oh, I forgot to tell you I changed the popup a bit. I faded the bottom of the plot backdrop a bit so you can tell where the showcase floor ends and then dropped the uppercase.

If you like this one better let me know and I'll pack it up, if not no big deal, it's just a personal preference.

I guess I'll eventually need to make one for the light theme also?

- paul - 2009-05-22

g00fy1 Wrote:That's cool, I wanted an honest opinion. Dropping the PM3 bar in there was a quick and easy fix.

I just hate that big volume bar. I'll try photoshopping a smaller less obtrusive version of the original one and see how that looks.
Actually i did have another thought on that could you change the colour yellow to something similar to the light blue around the frames in showcase or just white that would then be more in keeping with the look of the skin if you see where i am coming fromBig Grin
yadster Wrote:Looks really really really really nice :-) It amazes me that my clunky old xbox is capable of doing so much and looks good while doing it. Keep up the good work Paul.
It also feels nice it looks even better run on my pc. Glad you like it, and don't be afraid of saying you don't like something as i do want negative and positive views as long as it's constructive that isEek

g00fy1 Wrote:Oh, I forgot to tell you I changed the popup a bit. I faded the bottom of the plot backdrop a bit so you can tell where the showcase floor ends and then dropped the uppercase.

If you like this one better let me know and I'll pack it up, if not no big deal, it's just a personal preference.

I guess I'll eventually need to make one for the light theme also?

Yeh it looks nicer don't really know why but it does one question can you get the spotlight working with it i had a quick look for it but did not see any obvious way to get it working(that's the thing in the middle To avoid confusion). I will definately be uploading this but it will be late on sunday. it's mostly complete now just a number of bugs to iron out if it's not too above my skill level the rest hope fully will most likely be fixed by some rather clever people i know around these parts( you all know who you are as there are 4 people i rely on for help with the codeing stuff) without those people it would not have gotten this far. thanks to all concerend i have finally got a skin i truly love and still no bloody file manager dam that djhLaugh

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-22

Better? Wink

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-22

paul Wrote:Yeh it looks nicer don't really know why but it does one question can you get the spotlight working with it i had a quick look for it but did not see any obvious way to get it working(that's the thing in the middle To avoid confusion). I will definately be uploading this but it will be late on sunday. it's mostly complete now just a number of bugs to iron out if it's not too above my skill level the rest hope fully will most likely be fixed by some rather clever people i know around these parts( you all know who you are as there are 4 people i rely on for help with the codeing stuff) without those people it would not have gotten this far. thanks to all concerend i have finally got a skin i truly love and still no bloody file manager dam that djhLaugh

Good catch! I didn't even notice spotlight wasn't there...

I'll look into it.

Edit: Found it...

Find the following:
Code:
<!-- MOD: PLOT PANEL
        <control type="image">
            <include>ShowcaseSpot</include>
        </control>
-->

and uncomment it like this:
Code:
<control type="image">
        </control>

- paul - 2009-05-22

g00fy1 Wrote:Better? Wink

that's nicer good work
g00fy1 Wrote:Good catch! I didn't even notice spotlight wasn't there...

I'll look into it.

Edit: Found it...

Find the following:
Code:
<!-- MOD: PLOT PANEL
        <control type="image">
        </control>
-->
and uncomment it like this:
Code:
<control type="image">
        </control>
Cool that was a quick fix.
Well i finally finished updateing my media flags xml god there were loads of double entries for both showcase and multiplex, just starting to work on the new multiplex view
it's just a case of moving the flags on the main panel slightly to accomodate more info,
i think i have it sussed outOo

- lupick - 2009-05-22

[

2. your best bet for this one is get yourself a sniffer dog or private detective to track down djh and ask him if it is anything to do with his skin but i doubt it, good luck with the search for the scarlet pimpernel(djh)
3 also using using textures from rev5 means your missing out on the new look of auriga
but saying that the last and final one is out on sunday at least untill djh is found?

[/quote]

Ok found the youtube problem. I've set the video cache to 4MB and now it works (it was 14MB!!)

Thank you

L.

- needtotest - 2009-05-22

Looking forward to this!

Now that somebody is tweaking the huge volumebar - maybe you have seen the one on ubunto 9.04? It is a nice one on the top right with a speaker icon and something that looks like the progress bar (music/movie playing) currently used in aeon auriga. Maybe it fits better for aeon?

/needtotest

- shokka9 - 2009-05-22

wow, g00fy1 & paul keep coming with nice slick mods to make it even nicer..

cant wait for these.

good work...xbox will not go quietly, it still does the job and more.

thanks for your works guys (and everybody else Smile)

EDIT: has anybody posted the rev6 textures.xpr? - sorry if i missed it Sad

- paul - 2009-05-22

lupick Wrote:[

2. your best bet for this one is get yourself a sniffer dog or private detective to track down djh and ask him if it is anything to do with his skin but i doubt it, good luck with the search for the scarlet pimpernel(djh)
3 also using using textures from rev5 means your missing out on the new look of auriga
but saying that the last and final one is out on sunday at least untill djh is found?

Ok found the youtube problem. I've set the video cache to 4MB and now it works (it was 14MB!!)

Thank you

L.[/quote]
I will remember that one in case anybody else asks the same question in future.
At least it's sortedBig Grin

- mcborzu - 2009-05-23

Paul...

Have you had a chance to mess with Expirence yet or are they not that close...thats one skin that I have "Aeon" type anticipation for....

- paul - 2009-05-23

shokka9 Wrote:wow, g00fy1 & paul keep coming with nice slick mods to make it even nicer..

cant wait for these.

good work...xbox will not go quietly, it still does the job and more.

thanks for your works guys (and everybody else Smile)

EDIT: has anybody posted the rev6 textures.xpr? - sorry if i missed it Sad
I was going to upload one then i thought "what's the point" when i could just upload the new version sunday/monday and yes it's going to be a full skin without the fonts but as so many of you for whatever reason can't create the textures.xpr then that will be there too along side
the my original resized textures . dam hitcher has just managed to re create my dark list view but made it even better i think i can work that in before monday at latest.
as the biggest part of it is complete. it just needs spit and polish(not the peopleLaugh )