Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-06-02

joncgde2 Wrote:paul, whatever you end up doing, just know that there are a lot of us that value your effort Smile

not many people comment, but the sheer number of downloads should show how many people appreciate what you do!

again, many thanks for all your hard work. when your next version comes, it comes. we will all be waiting Big Grin
By my rough guess around 1500 downloads not that much but it does prove a point xbox,
that it will not go away quietly Laugh
g00fy1 Wrote:Paul, I've set up a poll on a site with your list of fixes and mods from your last release. I've set it to take 100 surveys. We can use it or not, I just figured I'd give you a hand so you wouldn't have to set a poll up.

People can take the survey here: http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey.dll/7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B

It will only allow one survey per person.
Cheers mate great idea, see how that goes? i am going to have a go at stripping out all the new image loading stuff from the new code djh introduced because i like multiplex2 it looks like a cross between showcase and old multiplex though theres no night theme as yet but it's comeing (he say's) from the changes i have looked at so far it will take a while to do but it would mean it would fix it for xbox. Though i would not have to do that if the code to handle djhs code was in xbmc for xbox it's been merged with all the other platforms. But i forget were only peasants in there eyes. Will keep ya posted if i get anywhere with it. in the short term i keep doing a little more work for the next release.HuhHuh:eek2:
Have just voted(sad git i here you lot say) nice work on that goofy'1 i assume you are the only one that can actually view the results?

- mcborzu - 2009-06-02

Just voted....I fall into the just make a basic modded skin camp, I use showcase for movies and Multiplex on TV shows(all levels). Dont use many of the mods-Multiplex for movies, list view stuff, genre mod, etc. for myself.

But I was thinking if you like all or most of the mods then you already have done the work for yourself why not just release the modded skin, though on the other hand if you dont care for 5-6 of the mods and it just takes up time I could see how you'd tired out of doing work your not really into.

Always appreciate the work...I just got into this scene in January, cant remember how I stumbled into xbmc(maybe a lifehacker article) but I cant think of how long I was useing XBOX 360's plain old way of viewing videos...thx again.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-02

mcborzu Wrote:Always appreciate the work...I just got into this scene in January, cant remember how I stumbled into xbmc(maybe a lifehacker article) but I cant think of how long I was useing XBOX 360's plain old way of viewing videos...thx again.

I can relate!! I kept looking for something better than the xBox 360 and found XBMC. I had heard about it way before in the AV forums when I was playing around with Windows Media Center. Since I've went to XBMC I haven't looked back!

@Paul: There's a results page I think everyone can see at http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey_cpl.dll/SurveyReport?id=7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B

- paul - 2009-06-02

mcborzu Wrote:Just voted....I fall into the just make a basic modded skin camp, I use showcase for movies and Multiplex on TV shows(all levels). Dont use many of the mods-Multiplex for movies, list view stuff, genre mod, etc. for myself.

But I was thinking if you like all or most of the mods then you already have done the work for yourself why not just release the modded skin, though on the other hand if you dont care for 5-6 of the mods and it just takes up time I could see how you'd tired out of doing work your not really into.

Always appreciate the work...I just got into this scene in January, cant remember how I stumbled into xbmc(maybe a lifehacker article) but I cant think of how long I was useing XBOX 360's plain old way of viewing videos...thx again.
Well i voted myself as i my main needs are the memory and menu lock mod smaller volume bar lock and movie genres and international movie flags other stuff i can live without but those will at least be in it. so i will see what the majority want and then try to build a skin around what people want hopefully then it will be stable if so i can put it to bed and move onto the next phase of getting multiplex2 to work for xbox i may have a word with arnova about it as the code to make it work has not been ported to xbox.
But if it does not get fixed i am still going to try to make it work but that's a long way off.
But thanks for the comments it does helpSmile
g00fy1 Wrote:I can relate!! I kept looking for something better than the xBox 360 and found XBMC. I had heard about it way before in the AV forums when I was playing around with Windows Media Center. Since I've went to XBMC I haven't looked back!

@Paul: There's a results page I think everyone can see at http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey_cpl.dll/SurveyReport?id=7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B
Well i can remember when xbox mediacentre was actually 2 media centres as i have been messing with xbox and modding for about 5 years and it just gets better but if it werent for the xbox i doubt it would exist now so the linux users and mac users etc owe microsoft a debt of gratitude for leaving a open debug port on all xbox's except the revision6 boards:p i will go look at the early results of goofy's poll (thank's mate)Smile

Please vote for what you want in Auriga_lite - paul - 2009-06-02

Vote Here Thanks go to g00fy1 for setting it up http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey.dll/7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B

- kruykaze - 2009-06-02

How do we vote? I see just the results

- mcborzu - 2009-06-02

Should be this link....http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey.dll/7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B

- paul - 2009-06-02

mcborzu Wrote:Should be this link....http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey.dll/7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B
Sorry guys posted wrong link have updated first post etc

- CF2009 - 2009-06-02

hay paul
just been looking at the poll for things to include and in my mind most of them are not mods but thing that are in most skins by default...

it's a shame that djh has not put some of them in the skin by now..

here is the list of thing i think should be in the skin by default from your list..

1. Last FM and Stop button added to the music OSD
2. Favourites Dialog
3. Party mode button for music
4. Menu bar lock
5. Weather conditions backroundsWink
6. Movie title on seekbar
7. All the fixes:p

- Cranial - 2009-06-02

paul Wrote:then it will be stable if so i can put it to bed and move onto the next phase of getting multiplex2 to work for xbox i may have a word with arnova about it as the code to make it work has not been ported to xbox.
But if it does not get fixed i am still going to try to make it work but that's a long way off.

Paul, I'm not certain, but I think the reason that code has not made it to the xbox is due to the xbox's use of xpr for media. So it's either use xpr and no new image load control, or use new code, but not xpr, and not having the skin run.

I might be wrong, I'm sure a Dev will correct me.

P.S. Been busy moving, so sorry for my absence. But I'll get stuck back into that latest gen of Auriga ASAP and see what I can come up with.

- diemos - 2009-06-02

those are practically everything paul had, and the opposite of basic, problem with that poll is everyone can just choose everything, thus making results not so accurate, I think a more right way would be to let people choose ONE item rather than all. So this is why I think its a bad idea for this poll, not only people would be inclined to select everything, but it should be up to Paul. In my opinion, it should be basic skin with memory mod and maybe thing volume, and IF anyone wants a particular mod maybe someone like paul can help. Other than that, no mods... Plus why not can't the Modders make two vesrions one for xbox one for pc.

It just looks like we're back to square one with these polls, everybody wants EVERYTHING... well everything can't be included.

- paul - 2009-06-02

CF2009 Wrote:hay paul
just been looking at the poll for things to include and in my mind most of them are not mods but thing that are in most skins by default...

it's a shame that djh has not put some of them in the skin by now..

here is the list of thing i think should be in the skin by default from your list..

1. Last FM and Stop button added to the music OSD
2. Favourites Dialog
3. Party mode button for music
4. Menu bar lock
5. Weather conditions backroundsWink
6. Movie title on seekbar
7. All the fixes:p
To be honest CF i use your mod pack as the first building block then slowly merge all other mods and fixes into that to create a super mod pack, and i have been using it without any problems until recently. when djh decided to make so many drastic changes within 24 hours and had caused me to think what's the point in me doing this.
But i had a stroke of luck last night and have now got multiplex2 working with your TestMod pack well 90% of itmusic genres works fine movie genres is also working, i look forward to a release of 0.4.5 without submenu as i really prefer djh's. so you guys can expect a test release of the new stuff fairly soon.....Smile
Cranial Wrote:Paul, I'm not certain, but I think the reason that code has not made it to the xbox is due to the xbox's use of xpr for media. So it's either use xpr and no new image load control, or use new code, but not xpr, and not having the skin run.

I might be wrong, I'm sure a Dev will correct me.

P.S. Been busy moving, so sorry for my absence. But I'll get stuck back into that latest gen of Auriga ASAP and see what I can come up with.
Good to know you aint gone awaySmile
You may be right on the .xpr thing either way mulitplex2 works great on my xbox though it does use a bit more memory but i still have no problems playing films or tv episodes.
I will be uploading a test sample with half of my new posters for both music and movies in a couple of day's. and i feel this one will do away with most of the other view mods as it is that good in my oppinion. and so after this is out i will work out which way to go with the xbox version for you guys and that may be different to what i am doing for myself and that is what i am going to upload in a few day's

diemos Wrote:those are practically everything paul had, and the opposite of basic, problem with that poll is everyone can just choose everything, thus making results not so accurate, I think a more right way would be to let people choose ONE item rather than all. So this is why I think its a bad idea for this poll, not only people would be inclined to select everything, but it should be up to Paul. In my opinion, it should be basic skin with memory mod and maybe thing volume, and IF anyone wants a particular mod maybe someone like paul can help. Other than that, no mods... Plus why not can't the Modders make two vesrions one for xbox one for pc.

It just looks like we're back to square one with these polls, everybody wants EVERYTHING... well everything can't be included.
You may be right on that but i am just using it weigh up what to leave out as it was starting to look like your average linux installation ie full of useless rubbish(not having a go at the os).

Ps all problems that have been reported elsewhere on the forums ie no fanart showing and no backdrops working etc , i have fixed those for xbox, don't ask how as it were sheer luck and some tinkering.

- paul - 2009-06-02

Ok i will leave the poll running till about sunday then i will decide what goes in and what does not. so some of you may be dissapointed with the final skin.
I will of course post a list of what i intend to put into this final skin before i start work on it.

But at the moment i am working on the next phase which is multiplex2. So for me old multiplex sucks and I wont be doing any more work on it after the final release.
Just need a name for the next phase how about Auriga_lite_Phase2

And i am sure the majority of you will understand why when you see the test release,
So buckle up theres two skins coming your way. Timeline? how longs a piece of string?:p

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-03

diemos Wrote:those are practically everything paul had, and the opposite of basic, problem with that poll is everyone can just choose everything, thus making results not so accurate, I think a more right way would be to let people choose ONE item rather than all. So this is why I think its a bad idea for this poll, not only people would be inclined to select everything, but it should be up to Paul. In my opinion, it should be basic skin with memory mod and maybe thing volume, and IF anyone wants a particular mod maybe someone like paul can help. Other than that, no mods... Plus why not can't the Modders make two vesrions one for xbox one for pc.

I could have made it a one option answer poll but in the end the mod with the highest number of votes has the highest number of votes regardless of whether it was selected alone or with a group. Or am I missing something here?

It's not too difficult. Right now these are the top three mods:

Free memory on time bar (by g00fy1) 16 ( 73% )
Movie title on seekbar (by Hitcher) 14 ( 64% )
Smaller Dialog Volume Bar (by g00fy1) 11 ( 50% )

So, when it's done, if Paul decides he only wants to add the top three mods voted on, right now it's those.

- wannabegt4 - 2009-06-03

Just a note about test two... I've been gone for a while so I don't know for sure if it's been reported, but there are some invisible options on the top drop down menu where you select the view type and light or dark theme. Once you press right a few times you loose track of what you're selecting but if you keep pressing right a few more times you eventually get to the next item. I'd hate to see this get missed in the final skin so I thought it'd be a good idea to mention.