Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- wannabegt4 - 2009-06-10

Seems like those files worked for me on the main menu. The default background doesn't show in between loading fanart in movies but I think that's by design now... doesn't really bother me as i was looking forward to using the red curtain I saw in another thread as a default bg for the few movies i have without fanart.

- Cranial - 2009-06-10

Paul.. I'm all moved now, but the network isn't up and running yet, so xbox skin modding and testing is still on the backburner.

Sounds like there's some serious issues with the current Auriga incarnation? Hopefully there's some updates to fix this.... I'll be back into it soon I hope, see if I can get it all working. (Haven't even seen the new looks yet!).

Update on CF2009's backdrop fix:

In settings/customize/backdrops, I assigned the thumbnails/fanart folder to movies and it didn't work... It actually ended up assigned to pictures and the would just cycle rapidly between backdrops until you navigate away from the pictures menu item.

I just threw these files in the multiplex test skin and prayed so it probably just needs some fine tuning to get working how it's supposed to. I'll let Paul play with it and see if he gets it working in his latest and if not I'll take a look at it again.

- paul - 2009-06-10

Bram77 Wrote:Please let me know if when you have a working version, so I can add it to http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com Smile

I've skipped the test versions, if you really want to I'll add them as well even though I think it's best to place only the stable versions there.
To be honest i saw no mention anywhere about who created the skins or who made them work for xbox. or am i just being picky?

Cranial Wrote:Paul.. I'm all moved now, but the network isn't up and running yet, so xbox skin modding and testing is still on the backburner.

Sounds like there's some serious issues with the current Auriga incarnation? Hopefully there's some updates to fix this.... I'll be back into it soon I hope, see if I can get it all working. (Haven't even seen the new looks yet!).
Well there were issues but thanks to gOOfy1 who kept me going on this and a big thanks to cf2009 who has written the most important piece of code for it so far if i could afford it i would buy him a few beers to thank him. also don't forget hitchers fix's and mods they are the best ones imoSmile ps nice to see you back on the forum
wannabegt4 Wrote:Update on CF2009's backdrop fix:

In settings/customize/backdrops, I assigned the thumbnails/fanart folder to movies and it didn't work... It actually ended up assigned to pictures and the would just cycle rapidly between backdrops until you navigate away from the pictures menu item.

I just threw these files in the multiplex test skin and prayed so it probably just needs some fine tuning to get working how it's supposed to. I'll let Paul play with it and see if he gets it working in his latest and if not I'll take a look at it again.
Have not tried setting them like that as i just replace the original backdrops with my own
And now i can see them on my xbox, but i will have a look at that.
Not sure if you guys have seen hitchers full skin mod? i have it and it's great.
So i will use that from now on as a base for my own skin there are some changes i have in mind, so the xbox version of that is in production.Cool

I was hoping hitchers mods would get integrated. They look sick. I'm very eagerly awaiting your next release. Keep up the good work!

- diemos - 2009-06-10

Yes. Keep up the great work, I am really looking forward to the next release. Can't wait!

- fruvos - 2009-06-10

I just wanted to dip on to offer thanks to everyone who has worked on this skin. Not long after Aeon Stark was released, I thought my Xbox was done for, and started seeking out HTPC hardware, but Paul's work, and the work of everyone else who has mucked in has helped keep it alive much longer than my expectations.

my xbox and myself thank you all!

- Bram77 - 2009-06-11

paul Wrote:To be honest i saw no mention anywhere about who created the skins or who made them work for xbox. or am i just being picky?

Sorry man! Just haven't had the tome to set it up properly. I want to add some screenshots and links to the topics to! Don't think I want to take any credit for creating or modding the skins! Smile I'll correct it asap. I've just started with a new job (C++ and webdeveloper) and it consuming all my time.

- paul - 2009-06-11

fruvos Wrote:I just wanted to dip on to offer thanks to everyone who has worked on this skin. Not long after Aeon Stark was released, I thought my Xbox was done for, and started seeking out HTPC hardware, but Paul's work, and the work of everyone else who has mucked in has helped keep it alive much longer than my expectations.

my xbox and myself thank you all!
Now that's the kind of response that really makes me smile, the fact i have managed to keep your xbox chugging away and saving you money is great.
And to use one of freddie mercury's quoats " I keep wanting to leave but they won't let me"
and that's why i am still here. you wont ever see me saying i need this or i need a new pc to continue the work. I do it cos most of the time i enjoy it and for a little bit of recognition(NOT MONEY) like some others

Bram77 Wrote:Sorry man! Just haven't had the tome to set it up properly. I want to add some screenshots and links to the topics to! Don't think I want to take any credit for creating or modding the skins! Smile I'll correct it asap. I've just started with a new job (C++ and webdeveloper) and it consuming all my time.
I really have no problem with other people takeing some credit when they have put some time into something i started. I have allready had my work nicked by another user and then tried to take all the credit for it and moaned that i were not supporting the Apple TV
That sort of thing makes my blood boil. Why do people go to work? money plain and simple. My payment for doing this is knowing people get enjoyment from it but i try to remember all the names of all the people who have either worked on it directly or helped me with some codeing as i feel it's only fair.Rolleyes

- turbinez - 2009-06-11

will this version run smoothly on Apple TV?

Also what is the latest version of auriga? Revision 6 or the multiplex one?

- frater - 2009-06-11

paul Wrote:My payment for doing this is knowing people get enjoyment from it but i try to remember all the names of all the people who have either worked on it directly or helped me with some codeing as i feel it's only fair.Rolleyes

Don't pad yourself on your shoulder by pretending altruism here. You only use your enhanced status to publicly insult some that don't lick your heels enough and get them in a position they are less likely to get help from others. I'm of course referring to recent personal experiences in this thread.

Besides giving feedback I'm not contributing to this specific project. I simply don't have enough spare time. This doesn't mean I'm not doing a lot for the whole community. I'm in fact doing so much for others and for so long (> 20 years) that I can safely say you probably never ever get close.

As you chose to put me on an ignore list (well, that's what you publicly stated in this thread) you can't see this post. A shame really...

Hopefully you have a long life before you... You need a big chunk of it to grow up.

- paul - 2009-06-11

turbinez Wrote:will this version run smoothly on Apple TV?

Also what is the latest version of auriga? Revision 6 or the multiplex one?
Both are totally Different revision6 used multiplex views for tv shows and movies but the multiplex version you speak of is a test skin for multiplex2 views and looks totally different to the other the first revision of this should be available in a few day's but i can't gurantee it will work well on the ATV as this was optimised for xbox but your welcome to try it out do you use the textures.xpr with it or do you just leve the files loose in the media folder?
As i am curious as to how it differs from the xbox?Smile

- paul - 2009-06-11

frater Wrote:Don't pad yourself on your shoulder by pretending altruism here. You only use your enhanced status to publicly insult some that don't lick your heels enough and get them in a position they are less likely to get help from others. I'm of course referring to recent personal experiences in this thread.

Besides giving feedback I'm not contributing to this specific project. I simply don't have enough spare time. This doesn't mean I'm not doing a lot for the whole community. I'm in fact doing so much for others and for so long (> 20 years) that I can safely say you probably never ever get close.

As you chose to put me on an ignore list (well, that's what you publicly stated in this thread) you can't see this post. A shame really...

Hopefully you have a long life before you... You need a big chunk of it to grow up.
Get your facts straight moron you are not on an ignore list i just choose to ignore your incoherant rantings, and i would rather you did not even try to help. And if you had done as you say you would have thought you would at least have learned how to read a complete thread before asking stupid questions which were previously explained. and i have worked with the public for around 29 years and so far never come across somebody as rude as you are. now go away and stop bad mouthing me farter.:p

- frater - 2009-06-11

"moron" "farter" "ranting"
These words are only used by you and I will not descend to that level.

> i would rather you did not even try to help
Is that for you to decide? My help is greatly appreciated and doesn't need your blessing...

try to help
lol.. you think you're so knowledgable...

>i have worked with the public for around 29 years
With is not for... I'm of course referring to community driven open source projects... I was on fidonet >20 year ago.... were you even connected to any world-wide network? And if so, actually contributing....

I've appreciated all your efforts and even still do, but do keep things in perspective... The real creative coding is done by others and you're more of an arranger than a developer. This isn't at all to put you down in any way as this sometimes is more important than coding. In this project I'm not contributing so you're always doing more.

I only informed about the status of that script which I didn't see because of good reasons and YOU decided to react on that in a condescending way...

Sorry to hear you already came of age without making any progress in maturing.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-11

I'm not one to complain much but it's hard enough and takes a lot of precious time for people to follow this 71 page thread without having to wade through the bickering.

This is the kind of behavior that turns people away from threads, users, and forums. If the urge to complain is so great that it just has to be posted then I suggest asking the moderators to create a "Rants" forum so opinions can be voiced there.

frater Wrote:I was on fidonet >20 year ago.... were you even connected to any world-wide network? And if so, actually contributing....

So was I. I've been in the "community" since 1986, running for-profit boards (BBS) as well as writing code for free. I've spent much of my adult life behind a keyboard without a paycheck to show for it, however I don't see the relevance it has to this thread.

I'm not aiming this post at anyone, it's a general observation, I feel that if we want this thread to be respected then we need to act accordingly. There are other places to post if it doesn't relate to advancement of this skin mod.