Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-12

So, let me get this straight, the procedure is to close a 72 page thread that people have spent weeks working on because of 4 or 5 posts in the thread....? No

I 2nd that - jaygriggs - 2009-06-12

diemos Wrote:dude just ignore him, nobody else is listening to him. It's not worth it, Lets keep this going.

Thanks.

I second that in fact the only reason I joined the XBMC forum was to post in this thread.

To Paul I would like to say thanks even if you are only a "arranger" please keep arranging!

I seen a demo of aeon about a year ago and fell in love instantly.
The differences between stark full and auriga rev6 on my xbox is amazing.
Unfortunately (and fortunately) my xbox that has the 128mb upgrade is getting painted by this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/KingMe5000 so I haven't been able to test it yet with the 128mb of ram but I bet its going run dam good. Im surprised noone with a 128mb xbox has chimed in. Now I havent gotten the newest test version running probably just need to do a fresh install but I think I read that theres a file explorer in it can anyone confirm that or did I misread?
To be honest thats the only thing keeping me from using it as my full time skin and the first person who brought that up in this thread was Paul back around page 50
Thanks to everyone for their hardwork.Cool

Jay

- paul - 2009-06-12

g00fy1 Wrote:So, let me get this straight, the procedure is to close a 72 page thread that people have spent weeks working on because of 4 or 5 posts in the thread....? No
I were not going to respond but i owe you the courtasy of a response.
Of course fratar is correct on one thing my skills are limited and yes i kind of do only just rearrange things, but my question is if it's so easy why am i the only one doing it?
I'm afraid that he is one of those people who will just keep comeing back to stir trouble,
And my problem is djh ignores anything i say and so backs fratar.
Besides all that there are other ways to continue all this without me hosting a dam thread.
The only solution i can see is take this out of the forum which will mean i will have to learn how to use svn and use that as a vehicle for my work, and from what i understand of it other people can make changes to it by branching of a bit like git but that's too complicated for my tastes. that's just one option there are others..

jaygriggs Wrote:I second that in fact the only reason I joined the XBMC forum was to post in this thread.

To Paul I would like to say thanks even if you are only a "arranger" please keep arranging!

I seen a demo of aeon about a year ago and fell in love instantly.
The differences between stark full and auriga rev6 on my xbox is amazing.
Unfortunately (and fortunately) my xbox that has the 128mb upgrade is getting painted by this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/KingMe5000 so I haven't been able to test it yet with the 128mb of ram but I bet its going run dam good. Im surprised noone with a 128mb xbox has chimed in. Now I havent gotten the newest test version running probably just need to do a fresh install but I think I read that theres a file explorer in it can anyone confirm that or did I misread?
To be honest thats the only thing keeping me from using it as my full time skin and the first person who brought that up in this thread was Paul back around page 50
Thanks to everyone for their hardwork.Cool

Jay
As far as memory is concerned you could have 1gb of ram and still run out of memory as the software has to be written in such a way that it can address the last 64mb of ram as i understand it you only have to look round the forum to realise theres no real benefit to it. unless some real wizard rewrites xbmc to use that extra memory and i can't see that happening, sad but true. oh and no theres no actual file explore for moving your files around the hard drive. you do have the memory mod in your revision of auriga don't you?
If not i can send you the file needed for that, one of goofy1 little mods.

- stoli - 2009-06-12

djh_ Wrote:Enough nonsense. Settle your dispute via PM or leave it hanging - I don't care. But don't think that the noble origins of this thread will stop it getting closed. It takes two to make an argument, and this one's run its course.

There goes my daily (post happy hour) entertainment. Two kids in an up-wind pissing contest when neither stream could reach their toes was kinda fun.

Damn you djh_, when's the next update? :-)

- paul - 2009-06-12

stoli Wrote:There goes my daily (post happy hour) entertainment. Two kids in an up-wind pissing contest when neither stream could reach their toes was kinda fun.

Damn you djh_, when's the next update? :-)
I assume you know a lot about that then, and i aint seen you in here before.:p

- needtotest - 2009-06-12

Paul - I agree with djh here - it takes two to argue....so if only you keep to your ignore list in memory (the list cant be larger than 64mb Smile I hope) then frater can keep at it and probably grow tired of it at some time. The rest of us can agree on more important things like what we like to see in aeon and what the modders should work on - if we can convince them.

/needtotest

- paul - 2009-06-12

needtotest Wrote:Paul - I agree with djh here - it takes two to argue....so if only you keep to your ignore list in memory (the list cant be larger than 64mb Smile I hope) then frater can keep at it and probably grow tired of it at some time. The rest of us can agree on more important things like what we like to see in aeon and what the modders should work on - if we can convince them.

/needtotest
That's like giving in to them, and to be quite frank he is not the injured party here.
So if he continues to harass me it will only get worse perhaps somebody should lean on him not me. If someone hits you do you roll over and play dead or do you hit them back?
I would rather forget the evil person exists so i can get on with things.

So please no more discusion about this as i am sick of it. it's wasted two bloody days.
With any luck he will see sense and keep away. but thanks for your inputWink

- Bram77 - 2009-06-12

Why is it so damn important to win a discussion
I'm pretty sure he won't post in this topic again. So... back to the main, and much more important, subject Smile

- paul - 2009-06-13

Bram77 Wrote:Why is it so damn important to win a discussion
I'm pretty sure he won't post in this topic again. So... back to the main, and much more important, subject Smile
no more discussion enough allreadyStare

- diemos - 2009-06-13

i love you paul. Nod

Rofl

- paul - 2009-06-13

diemos Wrote:i love you paul. Nod

Rofl
You been drinking again?Rolleyes if not then flattery will get no nowhere but it's a good start.
Maybe start a donation thing and give all proceeds to something like cancer research,
That way nobody can say i'm takeing any bribes as i am not like that unlike some othersLaugh

Small update - paul - 2009-06-13

My first full revision is going out to my testers just to make sure i have not left any bugs in it. and hopefully to get some usefull feedback as to what else can be done to it.
Though i have to say hitcher has done a fantastic job on the modding side as there was very little needed doing to it, the backdrops issue has been fixed at least for now though.
I will be uploading this for them later today so it should then be available early next week, but this depends on what my two helpfull testers have to say.

Is anybody still wanting an update to the old Multiplex version?
If not i will scrap the whole thing as i have lost interest in that one but if you do i will clean it up a bit and upload what's been done so far but there will be very few mods with it

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-13

I'll test it out tonight Paul.

Thanks buddy!

- paul - 2009-06-13

g00fy1 Wrote:I'll test it out tonight Paul.

Thanks buddy!
No problems i think you will like it theres quite a few more things i wanted to do to it
but as it's pretty darn stable as it is i thought why rock the boat.Cool

- wannabegt4 - 2009-06-14

Hey Paul, how do I get in on this early testing? I'd be glad to help.