Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-16

Looks pretty good so far.

- Cranial - 2009-06-16

Paul, still haven't been home long enough to do any testing, but if Goofy1 is happy with it, maybe just put it out there? I get the feeling some changes will be coming soon to utilise CapnBry's new code that's in the latest svn and then that can be wrapped up with any bugfixes needed from this release?

And just so people know, the latest svn releases have changed the library database, so back up before upgrading, or you won't be able to roll back without a full rescan!

- paul - 2009-06-16

Cranial Wrote:Paul, still haven't been home long enough to do any testing, but if Goofy1 is happy with it, maybe just put it out there? I get the feeling some changes will be coming soon to utilise CapnBry's new code that's in the latest svn and then that can be wrapped up with any bugfixes needed from this release?

And just so people know, the latest svn releases have changed the library database, so back up before upgrading, or you won't be able to roll back without a full rescan!

I have Capnbry's code running on my pc with auriga and it works very well no more faffing around updateing Mediaflags.xml and it's more acurate at reading the info from the media files, i will be watching the development of that closely.

Ps if no major bugs come out before saturday i will release allow downloads on sunday.
Only 1 bug has been reported so far and thats some text overlapping at the bottom of the screen where the movie title and genre titles sit. but that has been reported also in another thread.

- wannabegt4 - 2009-06-16

Very Stable. The only things I've found so far are minor/trivial such as:

I can't assign a default backdrop or folder for any of the home screen items through the Aeon's customize option.

The backdrop on/off option in the view's setting drop down menu doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm not getting the default curtain image for movies missing fanart either.

The included textures.xpr has a problem with the OSD images in the settings menu... they just flash rapidly. This is a problem that has been in most of the previous textures.xpr in one way or another. I have the command line tool and a batch file that you just put in the media folder and it will build the textures for you. It seems to get rid of the problem the GUI based tool causes.

All in all a great skin. Thanks again Paul.

- paul - 2009-06-16

wannabegt4 Wrote:Very Stable. The only things I've found so far are minor/trivial such as:

I can't assign a default backdrop or folder for any of the home screen items through the Aeon's customize option.

The backdrop on/off option in the view's setting drop down menu doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm not getting the default curtain image for movies missing fanart either.

The included textures.xpr has a problem with the OSD images in the settings menu... they just flash rapidly. This is a problem that has been in most of the previous textures.xpr in one way or another. I have the command line tool and a batch file that you just put in the media folder and it will build the textures for you. It seems to get rid of the problem the GUI based tool causes.

All in all a great skin. Thanks again Paul.
I'm afraid those are due to the fix for the default backdrops and we would not need that fix if we had decent support for xbox we get the worst deal and theres more xbox users than the rest of the other platforms put together.
As for the textures if i were to use the same tool which by the way is called xbmctex i would soon have people reporting strange black lines on the screen because it compresses the textures too much, and it does do the same on mine but again it's most likely down to the code.

Final Release - paul - 2009-06-17

Ok guys here is the link for the last revision http://www.4shared.com/file/111552595/3c04e41c/Aeon_Mod_For_XBOX_MK1.html

As a result of me complaining and trying to get more support it seems i have pissed of all the developers and was basically told shut up or......... you can guess the rest.
So before i go i just want to say a really big thanks to all who have made this a worthwhile
venture especially the testers and gOOfy1 and cranial and shokka9 for your help and support.
So i decided it's better for me to go before they decide to close down all xbox threads.
and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.
I will of course leave the skins available for all to download. and may be in a few weeks time i may decide to contact one or two of you to see if you want to post an update or two. But I wont be back on here seeing as they don't like this foul mouthed outspoken brit.................

Have fun with the new skin as it is pretty neat:cool2:

- mtnman - 2009-06-17

Well - f*ck them then...I'll go donate to something else....

Thanks paul for all you (and the many others) have done for the platform!

- Evanrich - 2009-06-17

paul...

While I can sympathize with you for any anger you may have regarding whatever might have happened (I don't know), you should really reconsider. You've done a great thing, making a skin available for hardware that would otherwise struggle with the skin. You gotta know that in life some people aren't gonna get along with each other, and you need to be the bigger man and brush it off.

If you really feel that way, then best of luck to you, you've done us a great service, but you should reconsider, as you're helping a huge community out.

Thanks!

- ewaterke - 2009-06-17

Paul,

Thanks for your efforts !!!
What is the recommended XBMC version to run this Aeon release ?

Thanks,

Eric

- MrIcka - 2009-06-17

paul Wrote:Ok guys here is the link for the last revision http://www.4shared.com/file/111552595/3c04e41c/Aeon_Mod_For_XBOX_MK1.html

As a result of me complaining and trying to get more support it seems i have pissed of all the developers and was basically told shut up or......... you can guess the rest.
So before i go i just want to say a really big thanks to all who have made this a worthwhile
venture especially the testers and gOOfy1 and cranial and shokka9 for your help and support.
So i decided it's better for me to go before they decide to close down all xbox threads.
I will of course leave the skins available for all to download. and may be in a few weeks time i may decide to contact one or two of you to see if you want to post an update or two. But I wont be back on here seeing as they don't like this foul mouthed outspoken brit.................

Sad to hear you go, strange "support" from the developers =)

Thanks for the work you have done!

- anoobie - 2009-06-17

paul Wrote:Ok guys here is the link for the last revision http://www.4shared.com/file/111552595/3c04e41c/Aeon_Mod_For_XBOX_MK1.html

Why so serious?

- kruykaze - 2009-06-17

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Blush

- z][ggy - 2009-06-17

Paul don't leave over spilt milk your a good bloke and helpful ffs Sad

- pestcontrol - 2009-06-17

this is not a message but a request how di i remove this xbmc from my ubuntu comletely
if some one please tell me .pestcontrol

- pestcontrol - 2009-06-17

xbmc media center