Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- z][ggy - 2009-06-17

pestcontrol Wrote:this is not a message but a request how di i remove this xbmc from my ubuntu comletely
if some one please tell me .pestcontrol

Then ask in the right forum this is the Aeon skin thread!

- paul - 2009-06-17

z][ggy;353475 Wrote:Then ask in the right forum this is the Aeon skin thread!
You should have said just nuke the linux based machine out of existanceLaugh
could not resist one more reply.....oh thank god now i can have a long long rest far away from hereBlush

- z][ggy - 2009-06-17

paul Wrote:You should have said just nuke the linux based machine out of existanceLaugh
could not resist one more reply.....oh thank god now i can have a long long rest far away from hereBlush

Paul I don't even know you lol but don't give up if anything start your own forum and keep the work going i'll be your first noob Laugh

- markiz - 2009-06-17

paul Wrote:Ok guys here is the link for the last revision http://www.4shared.com/file/111552595/3c04e41c/Aeon_Mod_For_XBOX_MK1.html

I'm using Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision6 at the moment. This revision is labeled as a mod. Does this mean I should copy the files of this mod into the Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision6 folder? Or how do I use this "last revision"?

I'm not following the changes in Aeon, so I'm not sure what MK1 is etc.

Sorry if this has been answered before.

- kruykaze - 2009-06-17

I must say I am impressed with MK1 it is the only version that work as expected on my xbox.
beautiful work!

- Bram77 - 2009-06-17

Except the volume control overlay doesn't show when playing fullscreen video, or is that only the case on my XBOX?

- Shalashaska - 2009-06-17

At last, im decided to post on xbmc board... but unfortunately...the almighty Paul seems to be leaving Sad

I hope we'll still enjoy and appreciate your talents again, unlike other peoples, you still believe in Xbox and thanks to you, we're still able to use our console with the latest skin (sorry for my "poor" english).

So, if you're really leaving, i wish you the best, if not, i hope i'll be able to chat with you sometimes Smile Thanks for all your work.

As for now, ive just install the MK1 release, but unfortunately, if i understand...well....we are not able to add custom background on the homepage ? all category (background) stay black, no matter wich pics we are chosen.

This problem can be solved ? or we are doomed to have black homepage ? or can i recompress textures files with Xpr Express ?

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-17

anoobie Wrote:Why so serious?

Sorry but that's just plain funny seeing how I just watched Batman the other day. Smile

@paul,

Screw 'em! All we're asking for is better xBox support for "xBox Media Center". We can always post the thread somewhere else.

Who is doing the xBox coding? Is it one of the devs or is it being done by someone else? Are there other sites expanding on the xBox version? I'm assuming it's a separate code base and not just a matter of compiling the linux code for xBox..?

Thanks Paul!!

- joebrady - 2009-06-18

g00fy1 Wrote:Sorry but that's just plain funny seeing how I just watched Batman the other day. Smile

@paul,

Screw 'em! All we're asking for is better xBox support for "xBox Media Center". We can always post the thread somewhere else.

Who is doing the xBox coding? Is it one of the devs or is it being done by someone else? Are there other sites expanding on the xBox version? I'm assuming it's a separate code base and not just a matter of compiling the linux code for xBox..?

Thanks Paul!!

It's not Xbox Media Center anymore, the name was changed to just, XBMC when the program went mulit-platform.

Most of the original Devs (that got this great program working on xbox in the first place) have moved on to other platforms due to the restraints xbox poses. I can't say I blame theml After a many years working on something, wouldn't you want to move on to bigger and better things? Arnova has taken over the responsibilty of merging anything into the xbox branch that can be merged (what the xbox can handle) and fixing anything that gets borked. But alas, one man serving all the xbox users, is slow going. Anyone who wants to help can go to the trac site to post bug reports, or to try to replicate already existing bugs.

There is nothing wrong with asking for more xbox support, as long as it's done in a respectable manner. Negative comments will not help the xbox cause, it will only hinder us.

And to clear the air, no one was asked to "leave" or to "shut up"

- paul - 2009-06-18

kruykaze Wrote:I must say I am impressed with MK1 it is the only version that work as expected on my xbox.
beautiful work!
I am pleased it works for you
Bram77 Wrote:Except the volume control overlay doesn't show when playing fullscreen video, or is that only the case on my XBOX?

The same version works ok on my pc but i have the same problem on xbox,
i do hope someone picks up the chalice and continues to work on xbox skins etc
As you aint going to get any help from the developers as were the ones holding back the other platforms but if it were not for the xbox they would never have got it.

Shalashaska Wrote:At last, im decided to post on xbmc board... but unfortunately...the almighty Paul seems to be leaving Sad

I hope we'll still enjoy and appreciate your talents again, unlike other peoples, you still believe in Xbox and thanks to you, we're still able to use our console with the latest skin (sorry for my "poor" english).

So, if you're really leaving, i wish you the best, if not, i hope i'll be able to chat with you sometimes Smile Thanks for all your work.

As for now, ive just install the MK1 release, but unfortunately, if i understand...well....we are not able to add custom background on the homepage ? all category (background) stay black, no matter wich pics we are chosen.

This problem can be solved ? or we are doomed to have black homepage ? or can i recompress textures files with Xpr Express ?

Thanks for the comments but it wont help me to rebuild bridges here hopefully
somebody will continue to work on this. I am more than willing to help out but not on this forum.
As to your problem you need to copy the .xml files from the mod pack into the main skin
these were created to solve the problem seeing as the xbox does not get the support it deserves. If this thread is still open at the weekend i will re upload the skin with the fixes applied and i will keep the same link that way i don't have to enter the forum.

g00fy1 Wrote:Sorry but that's just plain funny seeing how I just watched Batman the other day. Smile

@paul,

Thanks Paul!!
Arnova does all the work for xbox and your welcome mate. Iwish i had the patience and knowledge to start my own website then i could continue that way but i can't continue here
as i have had 3 warnings from 2 developers and djh himself already and they all have there fingers on the close button and i can't work under those conditions.
I only hope you guys try to understand why i took this difficult decision.

joebrady Wrote:It's not Xbox Media Center anymore, the name was changed to just, XBMC when the program went mulit-platform.

Most of the original Devs (that got this great program working on xbox in the first place) have moved on to other platforms due to the restraints xbox poses. I can't say I blame theml After a many years working on something, wouldn't you want to move on to bigger and better things? Arnova has taken over the responsibilty of merging anything into the xbox branch that can be merged (what the xbox can handle) and fixing anything that gets borked. But alas, one man serving all the xbox users, is slow going. Anyone who wants to help can go to the trac site to post bug reports, or to try to replicate already existing bugs.

There is nothing wrong with asking for more xbox support, as long as it's done in a respectable manner. Negative comments will not help the xbox cause, it will only hinder us.

What a load of old tripe i suppose telling lies comes second nature to you people.
You said you all had a little pow wow and all agreed that you were all getting mighty pissed of by the loud mouthed brit and something had to be done, and were i to stay you were considering closeing all xbox threads. so i am hopeing by me leaving you will keep them open and not punish the other good xbox users on here.

- jmarshall - 2009-06-18

Paul: Stop trolling - JoeBrady was attempting to help you. If you aren't happy with how you perceive yourself as being treated on these forums, then you have two choices:
1. Leave it be and get on with things, or
2. Move on elsewhere.
If you keep trolling, choice 1 will be removed.

Thanks,
Jonathan

- mtnman - 2009-06-18

paul Wrote:What a load of old tripe i suppose telling lies comes second nature to you people.
You said you all had a little pow wow and all agreed that you were all getting mighty pissed of by the loud mouthed brit and something had to be done, and were i to stay you were considering closeing all xbox threads. so i am hopeing by me leaving you will keep them open and not punish the other good xbox users on here.

Well Paul, it's clear that some of us are with you and the devs desperately want to turn their back on the original box. I'm in the development world myself and understand the need to "move on". However, you must support your install base. I know this is a contentious issue around here. But it is a shame that only one dev is willing to spend their time on the "limitations" of the platform that at last check was the largest contingent of users. Perhaps the numbers have changed recently...

For me, I was getting ready to plop four or five more xboxes around the house just for xbmc, based on your porting of the Aeon/Auriga skin. Why on earth would I want to plop five HTPCs or ATVs around the house at an exponential cost if I don't require HD? Ok, so run Aeon on the HTPC in the theater and living room, then some other skin on the other xboxes, right? Well, that KILLS the user experience for the family.

Oh well, like I said before...instead of donating a chunk of cash now that I'm ready to jump in with both feet, I'm left wondering if another solution would be better for me. It really is a shame. Huh

- paul - 2009-06-18

jmarshall Wrote:Paul: Stop trolling - JoeBrady was attempting to help you. If you aren't happy with how you perceive yourself as being treated on these forums, then you have two choices:
1. Leave it be and get on with things, or
2. Move on elsewhere.
If you keep trolling, choice 1 will be removed.

Thanks,
Jonathan

DO NOT INSULT Me I am not a troll you little pleb, what gives you the right to insult people, maybe you should go to charm school.

mtnman Wrote:Well Paul, it's clear that some of us are with you and the devs desperately want to turn their back on the original box. I'm in the development world myself and understand the need to "move on". However, you must support your install base. I know this is a contentious issue around here. But it is a shame that only one dev is willing to spend their time on the "limitations" of the platform that at last check was the largest contingent of users. Perhaps the numbers have changed recently...

For me, I was getting ready to plop four or five more xboxes around the house just for xbmc, based on your porting of the Aeon/Auriga skin. Why on earth would I want to plop five HTPCs or ATVs around the house at an exponential cost if I don't require HD? Ok, so run Aeon on the HTPC in the theater and living room, then some other skin on the other xboxes, right? Well, that KILLS the user experience for the family.

Oh well, like I said before...instead of donating a chunk of cash now that I'm ready to jump in with both feet, I'm left wondering if another solution would be better for me. It really is a shame. Huh
Well said mate, there just a bunch of wannabe gods and have shed loads of money to burn unlike the average mr joe public with 2.5 kids a dog a cat and a mortgage.
they really do need to wake up to real life

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-18

joebrady Wrote:It's not Xbox Media Center anymore, the name was changed to just, XBMC when the program went mulit-platform.

Being a software developers/website builder, I fully understand the need to move on, it's just baffling to me that there's only one person supporting the xbox platform seeing how there's still such a large client base.

I also understand the limitations of xbox's hardware as well as the licensing issues, that's why I just assumed there were more people in the background working on it.

Thanks joebrady for the information, I'm willing to do what I can to help the cause.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-18

mtnman Wrote:Well Paul, it's clear that some of us are with you and the devs desperately want to turn their back on the original box. I'm in the development world myself and understand the need to "move on". However, you must support your install base. I know this is a contentious issue around here. But it is a shame that only one dev is willing to spend their time on the "limitations" of the platform that at last check was the largest contingent of users. Perhaps the numbers have changed recently...

Exactly what I was thinking..

mtnman Wrote:For me, I was getting ready to plop four or five more xboxes around the house just for xbmc, based on your porting of the Aeon/Auriga skin. Why on earth would I want to plop five HTPCs or ATVs around the house at an exponential cost if I don't require HD? Ok, so run Aeon on the HTPC in the theater and living room, then some other skin on the other xboxes, right? Well, that KILLS the user experience for the family.

Again, same here. I was ready to buy 3 more xboxes for the bedrooms, I've got my 4tb MediaSmart Server running perfectly with the one xbox I have.

I may buy one HTPC for the living room, but NOT 4 of them! For the majority of people the old xbox is an absolute perfect solution. I know it works without issue on some of the scaled down skins, but we (xbox users) would like the benefits of the more "fancy" skins as well. It's so much nicer to have the same skin throughout the house.