Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-21

mkv1080p Wrote:@paul, if by support you mean having the developers working their ass off to make the xbox run 1080p movies, then you can stop dreaming. I mean why would anybody even bother investing their time and energy on something that's dieing. The minute they made xbox run 1080p movies, their xbox is probably the last one left. My point is that cost greatly outweighs benefits here. The xbox is not being produced any more. Why would you even think about xbox when you could as easily get yourself a pc and develop without bound and expand down the horizon and without having to mess with all the hacking like in the xbox.

and Paul, if you're so good why haven't you done any real work like unlocking the full potential of the xbox graphic chip or some other bullshit that you just posted instead of just downsizing the skin texture that a 5 year old can a.ready do in photoshop. You're only being selfish when you keep bugging the developers to make something which only you and probably your grandsons enjoy down the road. If you want nice HD xbmc then get yourself better hardware. It's so simple. I guess this concept is too profound for some of you shallow-minded cheap-ass complain-prone me-want-1080p-on-xbox-now pieces of [insert something here] to grasp.

That was really helpful and on topic.

Look, some of us are in this thread to keep the Aeon skin alive for the xBox. Can we knock this shit off?

- shokka9 - 2009-06-22

I really hope that the people that only come here to wind others up, can grow up.

HTPC is more expensive which ever way you look at it - simple.
XBOX has the wider audience in numbers for sure...unless people just stopped counting us.

People WILL NOT STOP using their xboxes for playing media - simple

Why on earth has a skin that was designed for it, now becoming redundant...??
Because the people that can and will, do not care anymore for it. They all (most of) have new machines.

But if they have so much more power, why the hell arent they making stuff that is far better than AEON? Why arent they making stuff that utilizes the full graphics chips of their new machines....because they cant yet.

The xbox is more than capable of running a skin like Aeon, it plays games for god sake...

Dont you guys in the USA have NTSC with HD capabilty also on xbox?? So it can deal with the complexness of Aeon's skin and requirements with ease

If it was totally coded for the xbox.

If there arent enough people to want to dev for the xbox branch, then please just say that and stop belittling others and trying to look down your HTPC's at us.

Any help is better than no help...no help is better than stupid narrow minded arguement and bickering..

I assume we are all adults here?

Smile

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-23

shokka9 Wrote:Any help is better than no help...no help is better than stupid narrow minded arguement and bickering..

I assume we are all adults here?

Smile

Amen my brother! Cool

BTW: I'm working on an xBox version of Hitcher's Aeon Mod. I've been trimming the fat and so far I'm getting 25mb free in Multiplex view. Running good!

- Bram77 - 2009-06-23

Nice! Looking forward to it Smile

- paul - 2009-06-23

g00fy1 Wrote:Amen my brother! Cool

BTW: I'm working on an xBox version of Hitcher's Aeon Mod. I've been trimming the fat and so far I'm getting 25mb free in Multiplex view. Running good!
I get 26mb though it wont be posted on xbmc seeing as i know some of the devs use my skins. well no more they aint any new skins i do are for a handfull of devotees only and they will get as as much support as i can it's just a shame i have no support base of my own.
Just thought i would hijack my own thread sorry for butting in!!!!
And shokka well said.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-23

Hey Paul, how's it going?

Are you getting 26mb by just reducing the images or changing the code also?

- diemos - 2009-06-23

awesome stuff guys, I'm really glad you are still working on it. Thank you.

- paul - 2009-06-23

diemos Wrote:awesome stuff guys, I'm really glad you are still working on it. Thank you.
Actually i'm not. only for myself(selfish i know) and for a few others (certain wally's beginning with f will not be getting it even if he asks nicely) who have contacted me directly as i intend to keep my work off the forums and stuff to the devs who were using my work why should they benefit when they do sod all to help.

hi g00fy1 yeh i have been getting about 26mb in some views not showcase i get about 24 in there not checked listview as i have leeuws lowlist2 working without breaking any of hitchers mods woo woo. i also fixed the problem with the volume control not showing while playing videos and have replaced a few other bits and pieces and it looks really good i would post screenies but that would be dam cruel.:p

- paul - 2009-06-23

Ps g00fy1 i aint done a great deal with the code other than clean it up a bit.
as hitcher has done a fantastic job with the skin. saves me shed loads of workWink

- MrIcka - 2009-06-23

g00fy1 Wrote:Hey Paul, how's it going?

Are you getting 26mb by just reducing the images or changing the code also?

Are you going to be my hero and share your work with the xbox version, that would be really nice! =)

- paul - 2009-06-23

MrIcka Wrote:Are you going to be my hero and share your work with the xbox version, that would be really nice! =)
As i said i am keeping any future updates off this unhelpful site, if people want further updates etc then you will have to e-mail me your details it's either that or wait for someone to start a new thread and take my place, unless you happen to be frater:p

- Bram77 - 2009-06-23

Please let me know when a new version is available so I can upload it to http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com . That will bypass this forum Smile

- shokka9 - 2009-06-24

hey guys..

good to see that things seem to be moving in the right direction. Kinda....Wink

The new hitcher version with you guy's modding it (as much or as little as u can Smile), sounds nice...

Still not done MK1 yet, not had time..

What are people using XBMC wize, which t3ch build?? I have so many......i using one of the latest i know that, works well.

Keep it up guys, wish i could help out.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-24

shokka9 Wrote:hey guys..

The new hitcher version with you guy's modding it (as much or as little as u can Smile), sounds nice...

What are people using XBMC wize, which t3ch build?? I have so many......i using one of the latest i know that, works well.

I'm also working on andyblac's Multiplex & Showcase mod found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52755

This one's taking a lot more effort to get it working on the xBox since it's a major mod. But getting it functional would be awesome.

- paul - 2009-06-24

shokka9 Wrote:hey guys..

I have hit major problems and i am starting to think my xbox is failing i updated xbmc to last nights nightly build as i started to have major problems with hitchers last build the one with the extra weather stuff i were getting only 17mb in multiplex and it's still the same now,
i have rebuilt the skin twice and re installed 3 times with different builds of xbmc only to find i still get only 17mb so it's either my xbox which is screwed or there is something wrong in the code as i have only made small cosmetic changes to it and i were going to upload this weekend, not now i aint not untill i work out whats gone wrong, how are you getting on with it gOOfy1 are you having issues?Sad