Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-04-09

jarod71 Wrote:Thanks again Paul! I really appreciate all you are doing to bring this great skin to our ole xbox!. Your prior version runs great with zoom turned off. I will follow your advice concerning the other tips.

One Question? What size did you reduce the backdrops too? I run this on a edtv at 480p so was thinking to make my fanart 480p as well. I currently have the fanart at 540p. also, what display do you run xbox on and do you thing your suggestion for advanced settings of 256 for thumbs is good enough?

I remember reading somewhere I could have a bigthumb for the full screen info view as well but I cannot find that info now. Do you know how to acomplish that?

Thanks Again!
The backdrops in the old pack were 960x540 which is the same size as all my fanart.
But i have dropped the backdrops in the new pack down to 640x360 to see if it made any difference not resized my fanart more as i do not have any problems running it my self. i did notice i gained around 1mb more memory with the new pack which is not much but it's better than nothing. my xbox is attached to a 32" 16/9 SDTV and it may be worth trying smaller thumbs will have a go when i get the time

- jarod71 - 2009-04-09

paul Wrote:The backdrops in the old pack were 960x540 which is the same size as all my fanart.
But i have dropped the backdrops in the new pack down to 640x360 to see if it made any difference not resized my fanart more as i do not have any problems running it my self. i did notice i gained around 1mb more memory with the new pack which is not much but it's better than nothing. my xbox is attached to a 32" 16/9 SDTV and it may be worth trying smaller thumbs will have a go when i get the time

Paul,
Did you have to adjust the fonts any for your TV?

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-09

Hey Paul,

Just an FYI, I picked up almost 5Mb of memory in Showcase mode by reducing the quality of the graphics in /media/showcase and by reducing the size and quality of the graphics in /media/thumbs then recompiling it.

I also removed some .bak files before compiling but not sure that really matters.

So far I can't really see a quality difference on my TV but if you like, check it out and see what you find.

Thanks again for your hard work on this skin mod!

- neal73 - 2009-04-10

Hi Paul, I just wanted to say a million and one thanks - this latest version is running so smooth on my xbox it's incredible. You're doing a fantastic job - keep up the good work.

edit: Can I make one little request on the OSD during music playback, is it possible to get the album art displayed in the bottom bar?

- criti - 2009-04-10

latest version is running great on the appletv. awesome job paul. i did have to redo the home menu bar tho. the original is so much prettier.

- jarod71 - 2009-04-10

g00fy1 Wrote:Hey Paul,

Just an FYI, I picked up almost 5Mb of memory in Showcase mode by reducing the quality of the graphics in /media/showcase and by reducing the size and quality of the graphics in /media/thumbs then recompiling it.

I also removed some .bak files before compiling but not sure that really matters.

So far I can't really see a quality difference on my TV but if you like, check it out and see what you find.

can you share your work?

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-10

jarod71 Wrote:can you share your work?

Sure thing, I was bound and determined to get this running smoothly on my XBox, glad to help out.

You want the whole Textures.xpr file or just the changed graphics?

On another note, I also downsized my fanart to 640 and she's really fast and smooth in Showcase now. I'm using a freeware program called Bulk Image Resizer. I download the fanart from the XBox to a local drive, resize it then upload it back.

Before doing these things I had 8-9Mb free just sitting in the Showcase screen, when I would scroll through movies it would drop to 3-4Mb and then back up to 8-9Mb when I stopped. Now I have 12-14Mb free. It doesn't seem like much but it really improved performance.

- jarod71 - 2009-04-10

criti Wrote:latest version is running great on the appletv. awesome job paul. i did have to redo the home menu bar tho. the original is so much prettier.

I am having more issues with this one on xbox, not enough memory. not sure what is different however...

- jarod71 - 2009-04-10

g00fy1 Wrote:Sure thing, I was bound and determined to get this running smoothly on my XBox, glad to help out.

You want the whole Textures.xpr file or just the changed graphics?

On another note, I also downsized my fanart to 640 and she's really fast and smooth in Showcase now. I'm using a freeware program called Bulk Image Resizer. I download the fanart from the XBox to a local drive, resize it then upload it back.

Before doing these things I had 8-9Mb free just sitting in the Showcase screen, when I would scroll through movies it would drop to 3-4Mb and then back up to 8-9Mb when I stopped. Now I have 12-14Mb free. It doesn't seem like much but it really improved performance.

just the downsized graphics is fine, not sure if it is the mods but the prior version Paul did, I had like 17mb free for most things, and like 10-11 during videos playing.

Im bound and determined as well lol

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-10

jarod71 Wrote:just the downsized graphics is fine, not sure if it is the mods but the prior version Paul did, I had like 17mb free for most things, and like 10-11 during videos playing.

Im bound and determined as well lol

Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2wznm2gtzz

There's a few files I didn't change because I couldn't get them any better but I left in the archive cause it was just easier to zip up.

It may be the mods in this version, but doing the things I mentioned really helped. I'm still running a SD TV so it didn't change my view at all.

Let us know if this helped you.

- jarod71 - 2009-04-10

g00fy1 Wrote:Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2wznm2gtzz

There's a few files I didn't change because I couldn't get them any better but I left in the archive cause it was just easier to zip up.

It may be the mods in this version, but doing the things I mentioned really helped. I'm still running a SD TV so it didn't change my view at all.

still having low memory. I am streaming from nas. most items fail on attempting playback. the prior version was running preety smooth with about 17mb free. not sure what is causing the low memory on this version. shame really.

- kautious - 2009-04-10

jarod71 Wrote:still having low memory. I am streaming from nas. most items fail on attempting playback. the prior version was running preety smooth with about 17mb free. not sure what is causing the low memory on this version. shame really.

Same here! I have about 4-5mb when browsing my movies.
I had to resized all of my backdrops from 720p to 960x540, that's the random one's I have in the back ground and my actual movies, and turn off all media flags icon/text to get my dvd.iso files to play. Some still wont play. I have know clue whats going on. Im still trying to cut little here and there. Any more cutting I should just view it at 480pShocked

Well..... not that low!

- paul - 2009-04-10

jarod71 Wrote:Paul,
Did you have to adjust the fonts any for your TV?

Yeh i increased the font sizes by around +3 for nearly all fonts except for the ones allredy sized 30 and over did not include my fonts.xml simply because i were not sure if it would look right on other peoples display's. but in future i can include the original as a .bak file and the modiefied one as the default that way you can choose.

g00fy1 Wrote:Hey Paul,

I had originally done those but when i tested it my xbox it produced some problems with the overlays over the posters basically they did not cover the poster corectly but i will look at this again if it makes such a difference.
neal73 Wrote:Hi Paul, I just wanted to say a million and one thanks - this latest version is running so smooth on my xbox it's incredible. You're doing a fantastic job - keep up the good work.

edit: Can I make one little request on the OSD during music playback, is it possible to get the album art displayed in the bottom bar?
It is possible but that's beyond me as i am useless at codeing maybe someone else could step up to help on this oneSmile
criti Wrote:latest version is running great on the appletv. awesome job paul. i did have to redo the home menu bar tho. the original is so much prettier.

Not a problem mate we all have different tastesWink

jarod71 Wrote:I am having more issues with this one on xbox, not enough memory. not sure what is different however...
Not sure why but my best guess here would be that your running it on something like a 720 tv in which case the graphics i redid would have to be up sampled more than before
If this is the case try replaceing the backdrops with ones size at either 960x540 or to match your tv 1280x720
g00fy1 Wrote:Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2wznm2gtzz

Thanks mate will try these and if there ok will include these in the Stark_lite_revision3

- paul - 2009-04-10

kautious Wrote:Same here! I have about 4-5mb when browsing my movies.
I had to resized all of my backdrops from 720p to 960x540, that's the random one's I have in the back ground and my actual movies, and turn off all media flags icon/text to get my dvd.iso files to play. Some still wont play. I have know clue whats going on. Im still trying to cut little here and there. Any more cutting I should just view it at 480pShocked

Well..... not that low!
Is this version worse than the last for you? if this is the case it's either the new sub menumod or the lower sized backdrops causing the problem.
I think for the next release i might leave out the backdrops completely so you can play around with different sizes. but i think in your case reduceing the sizes down further will only make things worse for you. let me know what you all thinkSmile

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-10

paul Wrote:Is this version worse than the last for you? if this is the case it's either the new sub menumod or the lower sized backdrops causing the problem.
I think for the next release i might leave out the backdrops completely so you can play around with different sizes. but i think in your case reduceing the sizes down further will only make things worse for you. let me know what you all thinkSmile

You know, that must be it because mine is working great now on a 4:3 SD TV after I reduced the fanart and random backdrops to 640. People may have to play around with that size to fit their needs, eh?

Thanks Paul!