Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-04-10

g00fy1 Wrote:You know, that must be it because mine is working great now on a 4:3 SD TV after I reduced the fanart and random backdrops to 640. People may have to play around with that size to fit their needs, eh?

Thanks Paul!
Your welcomeSmile

- kautious - 2009-04-10

Ok so I when back a downloaded rudeboyx texturesSD.xp pack and everything work fine.Eek
The only real difference that I can see is your nice black home bar that I liked went away, and the media flags are changed, like my SD video, audio icons and studio icon are black and my videos that are 480i,480p,576p and up are all whiteEek

- paul - 2009-04-10

kautious Wrote:Ok so I when back a downloaded rudeboyx texturesSD.xp pack and everything work fine.Eek
The only real difference that I can see is your nice black home bar that I liked went away, and the media flags are changed, like my SD video, audio icons and studio icon are black and my videos that are 480i,480p,576p and up are all whiteEek
The reson for your flags not showing corectly with his pack is most likely because he has probably not updated his pack in a while(just guessing) i On the other hand intend to keep this updated for as long as people want it.Nod

- jarod71 - 2009-04-10

paul Wrote:The reson for your flags not showing corectly with his pack is most likely because he has probably not updated his pack in a while(just guessing) i On the other hand intend to keep this updated for as long as people want it.Nod

I want it!!! I just cannot get it to work. In your opinion Paul, do you think it is the backdrops or the submenu mod that is the issue?

- malsbury - 2009-04-10

jarod71 Wrote:Paul, do you think it is the backdrops or the submenu mod that is the issue?
Just thought I would let you know what I found on my system with a little trial and error.

I am running at 720p 16x9 on a 34" HDTV with the 4/4/09 T3CH release. I found that if I rebuilt the Revision2 Textures.xpr using the 540 backdrops from the first release get a ~2mb gain in free memory over using the Revision2 Textures.xpr as built with the 360 backdrops.

- jarod71 - 2009-04-10

malsbury Wrote:Just thought I would let you know what I found on my system with a little trial and error.

I am running at 720p 16x9 on a 34" HDTV with the 4/4/09 T3CH release. I found that if I rebuilt the Revision2 Textures.xpr using the 540 backdrops from the first release get a ~2mb gain in free memory over using the Revision2 Textures.xpr as built with the 360 backdrops.

I will give that a try. not sure if it will be enough. I went form the first revision with around 17mb free to 6-9mb free on this one. I think the submenu mod effects it as well.

also, Paul, if you could look into it, when you bring up the context menu to switch from dvd to mplayer, or set content etc, the blue highlight i soff onthe right by a few pixels. can we remove that highlight and will the selected item still have white text?

- kautious - 2009-04-10

Hey malsbury, could you share you Textures.xpr??
I would like to see what you changed
And I kinda like the my media flags show upLaugh
It's like only the videos in HD format will light up! Wink

- Nexxman - 2009-04-11

Paul when I try this Stark Lite skin or even your Horizons skin on my xbox I am getting error "we require skins of version 2.00 or higher". Any idea?

Running 9.04 compiled 3/3/09

- paul - 2009-04-11

jarod71 Wrote:I want it!!! I just cannot get it to work. In your opinion Paul, do you think it is the backdrops or the submenu mod that is the issue?

It's more likely the backdrops i am going back to 960x540 as it seems the last revision was a utter disaster. the sub menu mod is now part of the main skin but i will look around for a versio without it to test.
malsbury Wrote:Just thought I would let you know what I found on my system with a little trial and error.

As i said above it looks like 960x540 is as low as i can go without screwing some peoples xbox's so am going back to that size.

Also do you guy's prefer the original backdrops or are you happy with the one's i have been using (the choice is your's)

jarod71 Wrote:I will give that a try. not sure if it will be enough. I went form the first revision with around 17mb free to 6-9mb free on this one. I think the submenu mod effects it as well.

also, Paul, if you could look into it, when you bring up the context menu to switch from dvd to mplayer, or set content etc, the blue highlight i soff onthe right by a few pixels. can we remove that highlight and will the selected item still have white text?

Will have a look see what can be done ok

I hope the next revision works better for you guysBlush

- Cranial - 2009-04-11

paul Wrote:It's more likely the backdrops i am going back to 960x540 as it seems the last revision was a utter disaster. the sub menu mod is now part of the main skin but i will look around for a versio without it to test.

Interesting this. Is it possible that memory is being used in resizing the backdrops from 960x540 up to 1280x720 for those using 720p for their display?

Won't be home from work for about 16 hours, but I'll try running with 1280x720 images at a lower quality and seeing if there's a difference, if no one else has before then anyway.

- mtnman - 2009-04-11

Downloading now...I have my xbox hooked up to a Denon 1909 receiver via component that upconverts everything to 720p. I have it sending video via component to my 720p/1080i RP 46" HDTV and also via HDMI to my 720p/1080i projector that throws a 150" 16:9 image.

I'm going to play with the various resolution options to see what gives me the best performance on the projector. I'll report my results.

- kautious - 2009-04-11

paul Wrote:Also do you guy's prefer the original backdrops or are you happy with the one's i have been using (the choice is your's)
:

I think you should keep your backdrops in at 960x540!
Right now I have just my games, pictures, weather at 720p and Tv and Movies at 960x540.
Its all good for meWink

- jarod71 - 2009-04-11

paul Wrote:Will have a look see what can be done ok

I hope the next revision works better for you guysBlush

We love all the work your doing Paul! I eagerly await your next revision. I will try to use the textures from Rev1 with 2 and see how it goes. The first Rev was working well. The only thing I hated was that blue highlight thing being off. not sure if that was due to resizing the graphic or it is like that in the original. It wasn't the skin function, only the context menu from the mod, I think...

I truly appreciate all you do for the community....

- kruykaze - 2009-04-11

How do i go from one revision to another but keep the same skin settings?

- Cranial - 2009-04-11

kruykaze Wrote:How do i go from one revision to another but keep the same skin settings?

Just replace everything within /Skins/Stark/ with the new revision.

Skin settings are located in /Userdata/GUISettings.xml