Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- malsbury - 2009-04-11

kautious Wrote:Hey malsbury, could you share you Textures.xpr?
I'll do you one better. I'll share a bunch. Since people have been getting all sorts of results with varied backdrop resolutions I figured I would just make a few and keep switching between them to see the differences.

Too keep them consistent and and since I didn't have paul's new backdrops in anything higher then 540 I just took the original plain 1080P backdrops from Aeon_Stark. I scaled the backdrop images down to 360, 480, 540 & 720 and replaced the backdrops folder in paul's Stark_Revision2.

Here are the resulting Texture files:

Textures.360 / Textures.480 / Textures.540 / Textures.720

I just moved them all to my media folder and then changed the extension to .xpr one by one and reloaded the skin to see the different effect on free memory each of them had. Strangely, I see the most free memory when using the 480 backdrops at 720P. I was seeing 12-14MB with the original Revision2 Textures.xpr, with the 480 Aeon backdrops I am seeing 16-18MB.

g00fy1 Wrote:Here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2wznm2gtzz

I also used g00fy1's modified showcase and thumbs images. These gave me an additional bump in free memory of about 2-3MB, but there are some artifacts / blurring / darkening around the edges of lighter colored thumbnails. However, it might be work it since I am now up to 20-21MB free memory.

If you'd like to try g00fy1's changes here are two I made based on the media used above.

Textures.480B
Textures.540B

Hope these are helpful in figuring out what resolution works best on your setup.

- paul - 2009-04-11

jarod71 Wrote:I will give that a try. not sure if it will be enough. I went form the first revision with around 17mb free to 6-9mb free on this one. I think the submenu mod effects it as well.

also, Paul, if you could look into it, when you bring up the context menu to switch from dvd to mplayer, or set content etc, the blue highlight i soff onthe right by a few pixels. can we remove that highlight and will the selected item still have white text?

Hi is this what your after see screen shot http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=muzeewuitxe&thumb=5 if it is then i will include it in the next build in a few day's as i want to include a few other things into it. the blue colour can be darkened or lightend. i am thinking of removeing the white bit right in the middle what do you think?Smile

- paul - 2009-04-11

Nexxman Wrote:Paul when I try this Stark Lite skin or even your Horizons skin on my xbox I am getting error "we require skins of version 2.00 or higher". Any idea?

Running 9.04 compiled 3/3/09
I think you may have made a classic mistake here, Look in XBMC/Skins/
And in the first folder for the skin you should see several folders 720 - fonts - language - media and a skin.xml if the .xml is missing copy one from another skin into this folder it will fix it. But if you only see one folder then that folder has to be put into the root of the skins folder and that will cure your problem. hope it helps

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-11

@malsbury

Thanks!!

- paul - 2009-04-11

kautious Wrote:I think you should keep your backdrops in at 960x540!
Right now I have just my games, pictures, weather at 720p and Tv and Movies at 960x540.
Its all good for meWink
Ok i will leave them as they are 960x540

jarod71 Wrote:We love all the work your doing Paul! I eagerly await your next revision. I will try to use the textures from Rev1 with 2 and see how it goes. The first Rev was working well. The only thing I hated was that blue highlight thing being off. not sure if that was due to resizing the graphic or it is like that in the original. It wasn't the skin function, only the context menu from the mod, I think...

I truly appreciate all you do for the community....
Thanks for the vote of confidence it makes it all worth doing for you guysBig Grin
malsbury Wrote:I'll do you one better. I'll share a bunch. Since people have been getting all sorts of results with varied backdrop resolutions I figured I would just make a few and keep switching between them to see the differences.

Too keep them consistent and and since I didn't have paul's new backdrops in anything higher then 540 I just took the original plain 1080P backdrops from Aeon_Stark. I scaled the backdrop images down to 360, 480, 540 & 720 and replaced the backdrops folder in paul's Stark_Revision2.

Here are the resulting Texture files:

Textures.360 / Textures.480 / Textures.540 / Textures.720

I just moved them all to my media folder and then changed the extension to .xpr one by one and reloaded the skin to see the different effect on free memory each of them had. Strangely, I see the most free memory when using the 480 backdrops at 720P. I was seeing 12-14MB with the original Revision2 Textures.xpr, with the 480 Aeon backdrops I am seeing 16-18MB.

I also used g00fy1's modified showcase and thumbs images. These gave me an additional bump in free memory of about 2-3MB, but there are some artifacts / blurring / darkening around the edges of lighter colored thumbnails. However, it might be work it since I am now up to 20-21MB free memory.

If you'd like to try g00fy1's changes here are two I made based on the media used above.

Textures.480B
Textures.540B

Hope these are helpful in figuring out what resolution works best on your setup.
Thanks for you're input i may have a look at those and if there not too big could be included as themes then users could switch to what backdrop pack works best for them.
On memory i am getting around 25mb free on revision2 BUT i am only running on a 16/9 SDTV and from what i have learned from doing The Mediastream and horizon mod is that running at 720 and above will require more memory as it has to upscale the graphics so i would think if you run at 720 then your backdrops need to be aroun 1280x720 i think.

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-11

Paul, if you're running on a SD 4:3, in your opinion what would be the optimal size so it doesn't have to upscale? Or does it matter since Aeon is made for 16:9?

Thanks!

- mtnman - 2009-04-11

paul Wrote:On memory i am getting around 25mb free on revision2 BUT i am only running on a 16/9 SDTV and from what i have learned from doing The Mediastream and horizon mod is that running at 720 and above will require more memory as it has to upscale the graphics so i would think if you run at 720 then your backdrops need to be aroun 1280x720 i think.

As I'm running in 720 I'll test this out and report back.

I have to second the other people's compliments around here! Thanks for all your hard work...

- kautious - 2009-04-11

@malsbury, Pual, g00fy1

WOW, and thanks alot!!!
I had a plan on where to start testing but now, I dont know.everyone came up with really good ideas.
I can just put all the Textures.xpr in my Stark_lite media folder right and change the theme right? I hope so

- malsbury - 2009-04-11

kautious Wrote:@malsbury, Pual, g00fy1
I can just put all the Textures.xpr in my Stark_lite media folder right and change the theme right? I hope so
Yes, that is what I did. I am new to XBMC so there might be a more elegant way, but I moved them all to the media folder as is. Then you just have to change to another theme, rename one of the files to .xpr and then switch back to the Stark theme. The reason you have to switch out of the Stark theme is that the Textures.xpr file is in use and can't be renamed while the theme is loaded.

Good luck, and report back with any info.

- paul - 2009-04-11

g00fy1 Wrote:Paul, if you're running on a SD 4:3, in your opinion what would be the optimal size so it doesn't have to upscale? Or does it matter since Aeon is made for 16:9?
For example my pc resolution is 1680x1050 so if a bitmap is smaller than that the cpu/graphics card upsamples the picture this is also the case if i have a bitmap at 1920x1080 this now needs downsampling this results in a hit on memory not a problem for a pc. So in my oppinion if like me your using a 16/9 SD display or even a 4/3 display 960x540 is fine. if you are using 720p display then i would go for 1280x720 as this will not need up or downsampling and should save on memory to my way of thinking.
Or 1920x1080 for a 1080 display though it would most likely kill the xboxLaugh
Thanks!

mtnman Wrote:As I'm running in 720 I'll test this out and report back.

I have to second the other people's compliments around here! Thanks for all your hard work...

Thanks for that. and please do let me know how you get on.
kautious Wrote:@malsbury, Pual, g00fy1

WOW, and thanks alot!!!
I had a plan on where to start testing but now, I dont know.everyone came up with really good ideas.
I was going to explain but Malsbury beat me to itLaugh
malsbury Wrote:Yes, that is what I did. I am new to XBMC so there might be a more elegant way, but I moved them all to the media folder as is. Then you just have to change to another theme, rename one of the files to .xpr and then switch back to the Stark theme. The reason you have to switch out of the Stark theme is that the Textures.xpr file is in use and can't be renamed while the theme is loaded.

Good luck, and report back with any info.
The way i do it is simple Leave textures.xpr where it is and anything you want to test out i just call em somat like test1.xpr test2.xpr its a really quick way of seeing what works best without wrecking your main textures file

- paul - 2009-04-11

*****Stark_lite_Revision3******
If all goes to plan I will upload this on monday.
As i have added some new Media flags from another post Plus the updated includesmediaflags.xml

The context menu Highlite has been changed so that it's solid blue right across the button
as per request. and all backdrops are now back to 960x540.

Also has any of you had any problems of late with your revision of xbmc as i have had to drop back to the january build as the last one started to lock up in the tv shows section,
and also my music collection would stutter on play back (not a fault of Aeon Stark) as it also does this on pm3HD. Am just Curious to know if i'm the only one or not?

- jarod71 - 2009-04-11

paul Wrote:Hi is this what your after see screen shot http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=muzeewuitxe&thumb=5 if it is then i will include it in the next build in a few day's as i want to include a few other things into it. the blue colour can be darkened or lightend. i am thinking of removeing the white bit right in the middle what do you think?Smile

looks great, might look nicer if was all blue. the original one was off by a few colums of pixels to the left, it ididnt line up properly. that looks right on. I say go for it!

haven't tested much except videos at the moment. As long as you mod works with the Jan build, I will be happy to go back to it!

- paul - 2009-04-11

jarod71 Wrote:looks great, might look nicer if was all blue. the original one was off by a few colums of pixels to the left, it ididnt line up properly. that looks right on. I say go for it!

haven't tested much except videos at the moment. As long as you mod works with the Jan build, I will be happy to go back to it!

Well i have been messing with this skin / xbox most of the day and now i have gone back to the jan 25th build music play's fine has so far not locked up though it was slow to browse through my Films libray until i resized all my posters down to 400x277 seems a bit better.
I even tried to resize all of the dialogs down by 50% hopeing to save more memory then i noticed that the volume bar was screwed thats why i did not do the thumbs folder for the same reason it screwed up the covers.

Thanks for the continued input any thoughts on something you don't like then feel free to say so as i going to change the main home bar to something different but i can leave it as is for everybody else if it's liked as is?

- mtnman - 2009-04-11

I have the audio stutter too...thought I was going crazy cuz my movies were playing just fine. I'll go back to the previous release.

- g00fy1 - 2009-04-11

paul Wrote:Well i have been messing with this skin / xbox most of the day and now i have gone back to the jan 25th build music play's fine has so far not locked up though it was slow to browse through my Films libray until i resized all my posters down to 400x277 seems a bit better.
I even tried to resize all of the dialogs down by 50% hopeing to save more memory then i noticed that the volume bar was screwed thats why i did not do the thumbs folder for the same reason it screwed up the covers.

Thanks for the continued input any thoughts on something you don't like then feel free to say so as i going to change the main home bar to something different but i can leave it as is for everybody else if it's liked as is?

I like the home bar the way it is. Do you have an idea of how you want to change it? Got a mock up maybe?