Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) (/showthread.php?tid=48191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- Angelscry - 2011-10-03

dugan26 Wrote:naming convention - how do name a comic with volumes?

"Super Hero v3 #009"

?
ComicVine naming convention is Volume Name #number and not Super Hero #number. For example :

- dugan26 - 2011-10-03

Is there anything special I need to do to get the scraper working? Other than naming it correctly - and hitting the "C" then add items ... I never get anything back - I have had to do it all manually - which isnt too bad considering this is an insane looking option on XBMC - however if it does work, I am wondering what I am doing wrong ...

- Angelscry - 2011-10-03

dugan26 Wrote:Is there anything special I need to do to get the scraper working? Other than naming it correctly - and hitting the "C" then add items ... I never get anything back - I have had to do it all manually - which isnt too bad considering this is an insane looking option on XBMC - however if it does work, I am wondering what I am doing wrong ...
If your files are not named correctly the scraper will not be able to detect the good corresponding comic. Then you will have to manually scrap it to indicated another search name to the scraper. That's exactly how works XBMC with other media.

Now, if you already have added your comic archives files into the launcher without scraping any data/info, making a new scan with this time activated scrapers will not import any data/info.

If you want to automatically import data/info during scan you need first to remove all the wrong items and then perform a new scan.

Also, ComicVine has an horrible API which is not able to search for a specific comic issue. So it is possible that you have some difficulties to found some comics. If someone know another good comics database source it will be welcome. To work great, scrapers need good database sources. There is no miracle.

- dugan26 - 2011-10-03

Angelscry Wrote:If your files are not named correctly the scraper will not be able to detect the good corresponding comic. Then you will have to manually scrap it to indicated another search name to the scraper. That's exactly how works XBMC with other media.

Understood -

Can you take a look at this link:

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman-warkiller-finale-dawn-before-darkness/37-189533/

What should I name this comic?

Wonder Woman volume 3 #039

Wonder Woman (volume 3) #039

Wonder Woman volume 3 #39

where do you see the specific name listed on comic vine ?

- Angelscry - 2011-10-03

dugan26 Wrote:Understood -

Can you take a look at this link:

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman-warkiller-finale-dawn-before-darkness/37-189533/

What should I name this comic?

Wonder Woman (volume 3) #039

Wonder Woman volume 3 #39

where do you see the specific name listed on comic vine ?
You cannot directly found this issue using ComicVine search engine or API. Actually there is now way for Advanced Launcher to found it directly or automatically. The only way is to manually select it form the provided result list.

- dugan26 - 2011-10-04

Angelscry Wrote:You cannot directly found this issue using ComicVine search engine or API. Actually there is now way for Advanced Launcher to found it directly or automatically. The only way is to manually select it form the provided result list.

How do I get to the "provided result list"?

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

dugan26 Wrote:How do I get to the "provided result list"?
For data scraper you can use semi-automatic mode instead of automatic one. But you cannot select this result list for the thumbnail selection. I will try to see is I can improve the scraper performance... but as I tell you ComicVine do not allow to make some search on a specific issues... so result returned by the ComicVine API through the scraper will always be approximative.

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

I have improve the returned results list for ComicVine scraper this evening. For example, for wonder woman #39.cbr file, with the actual version the returned list look like this :

Not really easy to select the right issue. Now ,for the next version of Advanced Launcher the same file will return this result list :

Much better. This will not solve the automatic scan problem, but for the semi-automatic scan is really improved. Display result is even better than the ComicVine search engine itself :

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

I think that actually best way to scrap comic books is :
  • Datas : ComicVine scraper / Semi automatic (will give better results with next version of Advanced Launcher)
  • Thumbs : Google Image scraper / Semi automatic
  • Fanarst : Create them manual

I think it will never be possible to automatically scrap data with 100% of efficiency using ComicVine website. Only way will be to rename archive files like this comic_name #issue_number: issue_title.cbr (Wonder Woman #600: Wonder Woman Can Save the World.cbr) but it make non-sense to have the complete issue title into the file name. Nest step will be to improve the ComicVine Thumb scraper. Using result returned by the data scraper, I'm pretty sure it is possible the found the right comic issue... and so the corresponding covers.

- TerranQ - 2011-10-04

I'm a little fuzzy on the correct folder structure for this. I have roughly 20 GB of comics currently, which are already organized and scraped using comic rack as such:

Comics/Boom! Studios/Dracula - The Company of Monsters/Dracula - The Company of Monsters Vol.2010 #1

Will this structure work?

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

TerranQ Wrote:I'm a little fuzzy on the correct folder structure for this. I have roughly 20 GB of comics currently, which are already organized and scraped using comic rack as such:

Comics/Boom! Studios/Dracula - The Company of Monsters/Dracula - The Company of Monsters Vol.2010 #1

Will this structure work?
Folder structure is not the more important. Just have to be sure that all the comic archives of a same serie are into the same folder. When you will create a files launcher (a.k.a. a comic serie) into Advanced Launcher you just have to indicate the folder of this serie (in your exemple Dracula - The Company of Monsters).

The most important is the name of the archive. If your comic file is named Dracula - The Company of Monsters Vol.2010 #1.cbr it will not works because Dracula - The Company of Monsters Vol.2010 is not a valid volume name for ComicVine. You will have best result with an archive name like this Dracula - The Company of Monsters #1.cbr.

- dugan26 - 2011-10-04

Angelscry Wrote:I have improve the returned results list for ComicVine scraper this evening. For example, for wonder woman #39.cbr file, with the actual version the returned list look like this

Great stuff - and totally understand the comic vine challenges re: their database ...
1. how will you notify the public when the new version is out?
2. How do we apply the new version?

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

dugan26 Wrote:Great stuff - and totally understand the comic vine challenges re: their database ...
1. how will you notify the public when the new version is out?
2. How do we apply the new version?

1. Here, here and here.
2. For a standard installation of Advanced Launcher, it will be automatically updated by XBMC. For a duplicate version, you will have to duplicate it again by your self (by keeping the same directories name than the old duplicate version).

- dugan26 - 2011-10-04

By standard you mean that I only have one installation correct?

I currently am not doing any gaming only comics with Advanced Launcher- however I have several "Launchers" added for the different comic book hero characters - do each one of those launchers need to be upgraded too?

XBMC will automatically update my launcher to have this feature ? really? insane ...

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

dugan26 Wrote:By standard you mean that I only have one installation correct?

I currently am not doing any gaming only comics with Advanced Launcher- however I have several "Launchers" added for the different comic book hero characters - do each one of those launchers need to be upgraded too?

XBMC will automatically update my launcher to have this feature ? really? insane ...
Yes, if you have installed my add-on repository to install Advanced Launcher, XBMC will automatically update it when this one will be available.