Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) (/showthread.php?tid=48191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- jarod71 - 2009-04-09

Tension113 Wrote:Probably not.. I don't know what mods are included with Stark Lite, but chances are we edited some of the same xml files.. Gets a little confusing with all the different mods popping up..

what would I need to do if I want to add this to Stark Lite?

would be good if this could be added to the official mod pack..

- Tension113 - 2009-04-09

This won't be added to the mod pack.. There isn't enough interest.. Only thing you can do if you if you want everything is to add it in yourself.. I edited a number of files though.. It's too bad the comic section was overlooked this time around.. I'd like to add a number of things to stark, but I'm going to wait for a more finished version.. Otherwise it'll be a pain to keep everything updated..

- jarod71 - 2009-04-09

Tension113 Wrote:This won't be added to the mod pack.. There isn't enough interest.. Only thing you can do if you if you want everything is to add it in yourself.. I edited a number of files though.. It's too bad the comic section was overlooked this time around.. I'd like to add a number of things to stark, but I'm going to wait for a more finished version.. Otherwise it'll be a pain to keep everything updated..

It is a real shame. I would like to add it to the stark light mod by Paul. How hard would it be? are the comic sections easy to cut and paste?

- Tension113 - 2009-04-16

Updated the first page..

Still trying to figure out github, but I think I'm starting to get it..

I haven't looked into it yet, but I should be able to include the mod pack now..

Still planning to make more comic changes.. The comic setting menu is temporary and I still need to add wall, list, and panel in there.. but for now, it's up to date with Aeon..

- garywiscombe - 2009-05-20

Quote:They have some more good scripts on the CR site.. The info scraper and guided renamer and both good.. I use the program to maintain my collection and Xbmc for viewing..

Hope that helps..

@Tension113

The script for extracting the first cover is awesome!

I'm very intrigued by the "info scraper" script - I use ComicRack and have not come across this. What does it do? Does it store things like artist, penciller, writer, characters, plot etc...? Where does it scrape its information from?

- Tension113 - 2009-05-20

garywiscombe Wrote:@Tension113

The script for extracting the first cover is awesome!

I'm very intrigued by the "info scraper" script - I use ComicRack and have not come across this. What does it do? Does it store things like artist, penciller, writer, characters, plot etc...? Where does it scrape its information from?

Here's the link to it..

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=9&func=view&catid=13&id=1682

I think it's maintained privately by someone who hangs out on the comicrack forums, but I was able to import info for most of my stuff.. artist,penciller,writer,cover artist,year,company,etc.. If the info isn't available, I can enter it in on my end and add it to the db.. You can also export it to xml's in a number of different ways, but I haven't bothered with that yet.. I'd love to see it usable by xbmc, but I don't see that happening any time soon..

- sparkyjay23 - 2009-05-21

This is great - Good job

I'd love to grab these 2 backgrounds if at all possible

thanx anyhow

- boxterduke - 2009-05-21

For the people that don't have comics, can we see a screenshot of how it looks when you guys are reading them?
If it is interesting, I might get into that.
Thanks a head.

- reaven - 2009-05-21

can someone add a screen grab of how the comics look in XBMC instead of the menu, how you read it.

It looks cool, but i dont imagine someone sitting on a TV reading a comic.

- B-Fir3 - 2009-05-21

Lots of people read comics on their computers with ComicRack or other cbr/cbz readers. Using XBMC is just a better way to do it. Tongue

I'd like to know where you got the backdrops/fanart. I'm looking for 1280x720 or 1920x1080 images for Venom, Spider-Man, etc. but I can't really find much. Thanks in advance.

- Tension113 - 2009-05-21

I didn't bother posting screens of any open cbr files because I figured it was self explanatory.. It's been a supported feature of xbmc for years and it's just a scan of each page.. Nothing extraordinary here.. Zoom in and out and hit next to flip the page..

I had my comic backdrops linked on the first page originally, but didn't think anyone was interested, so I didn't bother putting it back.. I just got a couple more so I'll make a new pack soon..

- B-Fir3 - 2009-05-21

Tension113 Wrote:I didn't bother posting screens of any open cbr files because I figured it was self explanatory.. It's been a supported feature of xbmc for years and it's just a scan of each page.. Nothing extraordinary here.. Zoom in and out and hit next to flip the page..

I had my comic backdrops linked on the first page originally, but didn't think anyone was interested, so I didn't bother putting it back.. I just got a couple more so I'll make a new pack soon..
Awesome, looking forward to it! Smile

- struisje - 2009-05-25

B-Fir3 Wrote:Awesome, looking forward to it! Smile

Check out http://marvel.com/wallpaper/
There is a watermark on the bottompart of the image but it will be hidden by the dvd-style covers anyway.

- phonics - 2009-05-25

Is there any way this could work with the "posters for tv view" mod? When I implement them both, the tv view loses the overlay

- Tension113 - 2009-05-25

phonics Wrote:Is there any way this could work with the "posters for tv view" mod? When I implement them both, the tv view loses the overlay

If two different mods have edited the same files, then it's either one or the other.. I haven't seen the mod you're talking about, but if everyone were to put their mods on github, it would make things much easier.. Then you could pick and choose what you wanted from each mod with little work.. If you know how to use github, you could apply my mod to any existing mod you already have, and then continue to apply djh's updates to that..

and btw, I've updated the first post with a small backdrop pack.. I have a lot more that I'd like to edit a bit and add later on, but haven't gotten around to it yet..