Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) (/showthread.php?tid=48191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- TrackZ - 2009-08-20

These skins/mods look absolutely incredible. I'm very eager to try them out. My only issue is the links provided to download don't seem to work for me. When I follow them, they go to github, but that page loads "with errors" and the download button doesn't work. Any advice?

- Tension113 - 2009-08-20

Oops.. I had a link to a test branch that I no longer use.. The master branch should be fine. I've had problems using the 'download' button for github in the past.. Sometimes I have to download the file 10 times until I get one that works.. Haven't had any problems using Git Gui though..

Front End Backgrounds - Fetchly - 2009-08-21

Tension -- thank you for this mod.

I'm a comic/videogame author by trade. I've been using ComicRack for about a year or so -- it has become a godsend for managing my digital comic collection. The amount of cross-referencing and research I can get done has saved me countless hours. My netbook is used almost solely for this purpose.

But my vision is terrible and my neck is cramped -- the next step is getting these suckers working just as well on my 42" Television without slaving over a mouse and keyboard.

After playing around with your mod for the better portion of the evening, I noticed an issue where it seems to remove background art functionality from the Main Menu.

Is there something I'm missing?

Also, while I love the mod, I'm not too keen with all of the additional bloatware that's been thrown into the mix. Your mod is nice and clean, but due to some of the bugs present in the others (i.e. only list view works for TV Shows), it makes it less appealing to use.

I know that this mod is just beginning to get some legs (and that the user base is still small), but the addition of some ease-of-use features that aren't present in the Pictures section would be awesome.

Examples:
Disabling Slideshow Timer
2 Page Viewing
Ability to turn the page without adjusting zoom level

And just for good measure -- the ability to set thumbs for each folder manually.

So far this mod is the best addition to XBMC aside from Aeon itself -- and destined to be the highlight of my HTPC rig.

Keep up the great work -- I look forward to the next update!!

- Irish2685 - 2009-11-20

Any chance you plan to update this mod to work with Auriga? I tried installing it in Auriga, even though it was not designed for it, and it obviously did not work. I got the menu, etc... but lost a lot of other stuff. I even went as far as to try figuring out what needed to be changed, but had no luck.

- Tension113 - 2009-11-20

Not sure what you mean there.. Auriga is what this mod is based on.. Don't copy over any files, just use a separate skin folder and it's fine.. I lost interest in updating this though for now.. There was too much going on with Aeon by too many people at once.. Plus I still can't view comic thumbnails the way I'd like, so this is pretty outdated I'm sure compared to the other mods..

- TrackZ - 2009-12-01

Quote:Ability to turn the page without adjusting zoom level

Any word on if this feature can get added in? It's a major hassle to always have to return to the first level of zoom to page forward or backward.

I've dealth with thumbnails on my own well enough, but I'd *love* to see the page navigation decoupled from the zoom level.

- DurhamDev - 2009-12-10

I'm having an odd problem. I downloaded your mod in its entirety, and placed it in its own folder (named Aero Tension) within the skins folder, and it was easily selectable. Unfortunately for me, when I try and set the backdrops for each of the home screens (i.e. Comics, Movies, etc.) to a common rotation, it will navigate to the appropriate folder, but the backdrops are not shown. All I ever get is a black screen. If I switch over to the original Aero, it works fine.

Did I do something wrong?

- Tension113 - 2009-12-11

Not sure what that's about.. Haven't seen that happen.. Although I've noticed when switching between different Aeon skin mods, I sometimes need to switch the skin, exit Xbmc, and then restart Xbmc.. Otherwise strange things can happen..

I scrapped this version and applied all the comic stuff to Andyblac's latest showmix, this week.. I can upload it somewhere if anyone's interested..

- DurhamDev - 2009-12-11

Tension113 Wrote:I scrapped this version and applied all the comic stuff to Andyblac's latest showmix, this week.. I can upload it somewhere if anyone's interested..

I hope it's not too much to ask, but I've been searching for some 'definitive' information on how you did what you did... ...so I was wondering if it would be possible for you to let me know what files you modded to create the mod? I realize it was a lot of work - believe me, I appreciate what you've done - and I understand if it's a 'no', or too big of an ask.

I get that there's a bunch of menu related edits - from the home page right into the settings pages - and personally, I haven't found enough info to jump right in. If you can't/don't have time to/don't wish to share (it's completely up to you, of course) would you at least be able to point me to a thread or document that could help me?

I love Aeon - it does everything today that I want - and with the knowledge of your mod, I would like to add some different elements. The comic page, possibly an e-book page, and different links for other picture-related types. (Heck, after that, maybe I'll have enough knowledge to build up some different movie-related links.)

What do you think? Are you able to impart some wisdom on a new user?

Nod

- Tension113 - 2009-12-11

I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing really.. I just started messing with the files.. Changing image sizes, removing lines, to see what did what.. Eventually it all starts to make sense..

This is exactly what I did in Auriga to add the comic section.. (minus the submenu stuff)

http://github.com/Tension113/aeon/commit/c532dfddcb6e9156e580e4c5260939e3f262eaf2

Basically the same thing can be done if you wanted to add separate movie sections to the main menu.. (adult,kids,anime)

It was a little different for Showmix since the files have been changed around a bit and I didn't really keep track of what I was doing.. Just threw it together quickly, but I can send the files if you're interested..

- DurhamDev - 2009-12-11

Tension113 Wrote:This is exactly what I did in Auriga to add the comic section.. (minus the submenu stuff)

Awesome - I'll check that out. Thanks.

Tension113 Wrote:Just threw it together quickly, but I can send the files if you're interested..

Absolutely - I'd love that. My E-Mail address is [email protected] (no big secret). Thanks a bunch! (Look for my new mods soon!)

- Irish2685 - 2009-12-14

I would like it a bunch too, please!! ([email protected])

Comics Backdrops - WheresYesterday - 2010-01-31

struisje Wrote:Check out http://marvel.com/wallpaper/
There is a watermark on the bottompart of the image but it will be hidden by the dvd-style covers anyway.

If anyone is still interested, I went through the website and downloaded the wallpapers to set as backdrops. Some were originally 1680x1050, most were at 1280x960. I used Irfanview and resized all of them to 1920x1080. I will also post the original wallpapers as they were downloaded from the site if anyone is interested. If there are legality issues, please feel free to remove this post.

Wallpapers are current, as of today. All in all, I think they look pretty good. At least good enough to tide me over until a legit pack comes out. I didn't have a source for genuine 1080p comic backdrops, but I've been reading these forums for 3 years now and I felt it was about time I contribute something, so hopefully someone other than myself finds these useful, or at least appealing to the eye.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a1e79ff0008c18854c17ca8801618ef748cc6bd2cb6f11754ad239450a8c1cf1

In any case, both sets are located in the download folder. Keep up the great work everyone and a sincere thank you for everything you've done!

- emal011 - 2010-02-03

where I can find the comics?

- AoOs - 2010-02-04

B-Fir3 Wrote:Image
Lots of people read comics on their computers with ComicRack or other cbr/cbz readers. Using XBMC is just a better way to do it. Tongue

I'd like to know where you got the backdrops/fanart. I'm looking for 1280x720 or 1920x1080 images for Venom, Spider-Man, etc. but I can't really find much. Thanks in advance.

Since almost all displays that XBMC is used on are 16:9 or wider - is there an option to show two pages at a time? Side by side.