Kodi Community Forum
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here! (/showthread.php?tid=48315)

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-02

hikaricore Wrote:We posted less than a minute apart. :p Your post didn't exist as I was replying.

Muahahahaha...your powers are strong, but mine are greater. Wink

'Sokay...I think the weinstein logo I just made is far far superior to the previous one I'd done. I actually took and masked out triangle-shaped gradient areas, then layered them to create the W...as opposed to trying to invert and delete the black parts.

- Only One Haze - 2009-05-02

hikaricore Wrote:1024x768 is a 4:3 ratio.
If your screen supports 16:9 you should be using a proper resolution like 1280x720... that's why everything looks too tall.

1024x768 is my tvs native resolution, guess i'll just have to deal with it

digitalhigh Wrote:The weinstein logo was genuinely screwed up. 120x60 or something like that...see my previous post.

thanks yes the second one does look much better, still a little stretched because of my screen but it is all there and very clear

Only One Haze Wrote:1024x768 is my tvs native resolution, guess i'll just have to deal with it

thanks yes the second one does look much better, still a little stretched because of my screen but it is all there and very clear

If you're using Aeon, a lot of stuff is going to be stretched because it's all natively 720 like Hikari said. But, you can get around this by going into the includes files and adding changing these lines in the includes file:

Code:
<include name="Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars">
        <posy>647</posy>
        <width>110</width>
        <height>72</height>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
        <include>Animation_HideShowcase</include>
        <include>Conditions_ShowcaseIsVisible</include>
        <colordiffuse>73FFFFFF</colordiffuse>

</include>
Code:
<include name="Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars">
        <posy>647</posy>
        <width>110</width>
        <height>72</height>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
        <include>Animation_HideShowcase</include>
        <include>Conditions_ShowcaseIsVisible</include>
        <colordiffuse>73FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
        <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    </include>

If the include name is something different in Auriga or w/e the name is now, then you'd just find that include and add the <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> bit to it.

That should stop everything from stretching...this will also work on any other image that's stretched as a result of the different aspectratios...

- Only One Haze - 2009-05-02

cool, will have to try that

edit:
is that the includes_mediaflags.xml cuz i made that change in there but it didnt change anything. or do i have to add that line to every mediaflag?

and i know this is off topic, but what things would i have to add that to to get my movie thumbs to be proper AR? cuz man i never really noticed, but since it was mentioned i went and looked at the eye candy thread and boy are my thumbs skinny compared to his

- stoplis - 2009-05-02

I've changed my pack to include andyblac's TV show flag layout.

Added: Summit studio flag
Added: Capcom studio flag
Chaged: Now uses andyblac's TV flag layout, with support for source flags
Added: Episode view now displays the show title

Download

- scrolling - 2009-05-02

Halibutt Wrote:Scrolling, the problem is we can only use one colour. So, it's best to convert the images to white-on-transparent before resizing - it gives the best effects.

We already have Peace Arch, but the rest of your proposals are fine, I'll see to them.
Cheers

Yeah. But wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to show colored studio icons.Cool

- Halibutt - 2009-05-02

Guys, the reason Weinstein looks bad is much more simple. Perhaps Serenity handles all those logos just fine, but it appears Aeon needs the logos to abide by two simple rules:
  • The image (including transparency) should be 161x109 pixels in size (other sizes may work, but let's stick to that format)
  • The logo itself (excluding transparency) must not be larger than approx. 125x83 pixels (that is no wider than 125 and no taller than 83 pixels). Larger images will be shown, but there are problems with them: they appear in wrong places, stick out of the screen and whatnot).

Really, been there, done that. Look at FF's EuropaCorp: it's too big and even at 1080 it crosses the screen's border. Let's just stick to the format _djh uses, all right?
Cheers

P.S. All the recent requests uploaded to our database (FF's site). Including Blue Sky, Weinstein, new Dreamworks, Centropolis and Summit. BTW, I cannot upload the images under someone else's name, only FernFerret can do that. Hope noone's offended.

P.S.2: I lost track of the various packs published here. Mine (1st post) is slightly outdated as I'm waiting for FF to publish his, but perhaps there is a better, more recent pack worth putting in the first post as a stop-gap? Just let me know.

P.S.3: Just in case, a question to authors of the flag packs: are there any flags there that were not yet uploaded to FF's site? Any flags lost along the way?

- stoplis - 2009-05-02

The Weinstein studio flag in my pack works fine.

- FernFerret - 2009-05-02

Haha fine use my only image as the BAD example :p I know we have a better one, you should replace that (hint hint)

Quote:P.S. All the recent requests uploaded to our database (FF's site). Including Blue Sky, Weinstein, new Dreamworks, Centropolis and Summit. BTW, I cannot upload the images under someone else's name, only FernFerret can do that. Hope noone's offended.

P.S.2: I lost track of the various packs published here. Mine (1st post) is slightly outdated as I'm waiting for FF to publish his, but perhaps there is a better, more recent pack worth putting in the first post as a stop-gap? Just let me know.

A. He is correct, if anyone wants to pm me to take credit for an image, I will gladly change it.

B. Should have an updated version tomorrow!
--FF

Halibutt Wrote:Guys, the reason Weinstein looks bad is much more simple. Perhaps Serenity handles all those logos just fine, but it appears Aeon needs the logos to abide by two simple rules:
  • The image (including transparency) should be 161x109 pixels in size (other sizes may work, but let's stick to that format)
  • The logo itself (excluding transparency) must not be larger than approx. 125x83 pixels (that is no wider than 125 and no taller than 83 pixels). Larger images will be shown, but there are problems with them: they appear in wrong places, stick out of the screen and whatnot).

This makes no sense to me.

For starters, the media flags in Aeon get downscaled to 110x72...which is not even the same aspect ratio as the 161x109.

Second, if you guys are generating the xml for the images, then you can control how they are displayed. So...I don't think that changing the aspect ratio to "keep" should be that big of a deal. You already have the code at your disposal...

My main reason for wanting the 100x200 that I use is to allows for better display of studios that may have wider images. Plus, 100x200 is a nice square number.

Third, I disagree with keeping the logos shrunk down to the middle of the image. This is a waste of space. IMHO, you should make the images take up as much room as possible, and then scale them to fit within the skin. This means better image quality.

I dunno. I'm not trying to get you to change Aeon's image format, but I will ask that you don't resize any images that came from me. Like I said...if you're generating the code for these images, I think it would be wiser to have big images that take up the whole frame as opposed to using a bunch of blank space...

fernferret Wrote:A. He is correct, if anyone wants to pm me to take credit for an image, I will gladly change it.

Blue Sky, Weinstein, new Dreamworks, Centropolis and Summit are all done by me.

- scrolling - 2009-05-03

I saw that the DreamWorks logo was replaced at fernferret.com. But shouldn't there be two one for DreamWorks Animation and the other for DreamWorks Pictures?

http://www.dreamworks.com/

- digitalhigh - 2009-05-03

scrolling Wrote:I saw that the DreamWorks logo was replaced at fernferret.com. But shouldn't there be two one for DreamWorks Animation and the other for DreamWorks Pictures?

http://www.dreamworks.com/

That was my understanding, and how I coded it into serenity.

Expressions should be
Dreamworks
Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.studio,dreamworks) + !substring(listitem.studio,animation)</visible>

Dreamworks animation
Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.studio,dreamworks) + substring(listitem.studio,animation)</visible>

If you guys tell me how to become an editor at ff's site, I'd be glad to upload and code the images I make...

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-03

digitalhigh Wrote:but I will ask that you don't resize any images that came from me

Last night I updated all your TV icons to the Aeon size standard. Sorry would you prefer I keep them how you made them?

- Halibutt - 2009-05-03

digitalhigh Wrote:This makes no sense to me.

For starters, the media flags in Aeon get downscaled to 110x72...which is not even the same aspect ratio as the 161x109.(...)

Second, if you guys are generating the xml for the images, then you can control how they are displayed. So...I don't think that changing the aspect ratio to "keep" should be that big of a deal. You already have the code at your disposal...

My main reason for wanting the 100x200 that I use is to allows for better display of studios that may have wider images. Plus, 100x200 is a nice square number.
Listen, when it comes to that .xml mumbo-jumbo, I'm dumber than a bunch of hammers. Really, I have no idea why I do what I do. I saw _djh do a great skin, so I assumed he knew what he was doing. I tested larger images (meaning: "logos taking up more of image's space", not: "logos with the transparent area larger than...") and they did not look fine on my tv. So I assumed _djh was right to pick the format he did. I didn't ask him why.

Having said that, if you believe your format works just as fine for Aeon - just let me know. I can shrink the logos to whatever size, it's all the same for me as long as they work. OTOH is consistency a question here? Should all logos be the same size?

Quote:Third, I disagree with keeping the logos shrunk down to the middle of the image. This is a waste of space. IMHO, you should make the images take up as much room as possible, and then scale them to fit within the skin. This means better image quality.

(...)Like I said...if you're generating the code for these images, I think it would be wiser to have big images that take up the whole frame as opposed to using a bunch of blank space...
Sure, the larger the image, the better the quality. Yet, from my experience the larger the logo, the less legible it is in Aeon: too large logos tend to be displayed only partially, with the rest being left outside the screen. Perhaps it's just my settings though.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that my hands are clean and I hide behind my ignorance. Smile I will continue to stick to the format chosen by _djh unless someone tells me to change it. Should I? Anyone checked if digitalhigh's logos are displayed properly in Aeon?

Quote:Blue Sky, Weinstein, new Dreamworks, Centropolis and Summit are all done by me.
You mean those I uploaded to FF's site? Nope, I made Dreamworks based on the image posted by Scrolling, same for Blue Sky and Cetropolis. Not that it really mattered, does it. Smile
Cheers

- Imaginos - 2009-05-03

digitalhigh Wrote:That was my understanding, and how I coded it into serenity.

Expressions should be
Dreamworks
Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.studio,dreamworks) + !substring(listitem.studio,animation)</visible>

Dreamworks animation
Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.studio,dreamworks) + substring(listitem.studio,animation)</visible>

If you guys tell me how to become an editor at ff's site, I'd be glad to upload and code the images I make...

I wonder if it would not be smarter to use substring(listitem.genre,animation) instead of studio as I've noticed that sometimes the flag is not correct
for example, MIP created an nfo for Madagascar with "Dreamworks SKG /..."