Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod (/showthread.php?tid=48362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- ekim232 - 2009-05-10

xanadu1979 Wrote:Great mod. Really fantastic. Just tried it for the first time today and I'm loving it.

But, does anyone else have a problem with the custom backdrops for the TV section on the home screen? The Aeon style home screen? I get the stock image with custom backdrops turned off, but I just get a blank area when they're turned on. The log file shows that it's not even trying to load an image. The custom backdrops work fine for my other sections.

Thanks for the bug report. I missed a lonely 0 when setting the controls.

Just uploaded a FIXED version along with a few other mistakes I picked up on. NC-17 flagging was wrong and a few studio icons.

- yadster - 2009-05-10

A really nice looking skin, especially with brushed comb. Could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to edit the relevant xml so that when I click on TV (in file mode) it opens up the TV folder (F:/TV), MOVIES (G:/MOVIES) and so on. I remember doing it before with another skin but can't find the original post that showed me how to do it. Also which XML are the button labels stored as I'd like to change VIDEO to KIDS?

Thanks

- yadster - 2009-05-10

Another quick question. When clicking on the WEATHER button nothing seems to happen unless you have the weather channel script enabled. Is it possible to click on the weather button so it goes to the standard forecast (as in PM3HD) and then if you wish run the script from there, or change locations. Even better (imho) it would be nice if you could move down to the weather button and it would automatically show the forecast (like it does if you choose the aeon mod in your skin) but you could still access the weather screen if you wanted.

Hope that makes sense Smile

- Rusti - 2009-05-10

Very nice mate. Exactly what I am looking for.

yadster, TV Shows and Movies link to that type of content in the library. Use the Videos shortcut and have it point to two sources, F:/TV and G:/MOVIES with the appropriate titles. It's one extra click but the best you can do (to my knowledge).

- ekim232 - 2009-05-10

yadster Wrote:Another quick question. When clicking on the WEATHER button nothing seems to happen unless you have the weather channel script enabled. Is it possible to click on the weather button so it goes to the standard forecast (as in PM3HD) and then if you wish run the script from there, or change locations. Even better (imho) it would be nice if you could move down to the weather button and it would automatically show the forecast (like it does if you choose the aeon mod in your skin) but you could still access the weather screen if you wanted.

Hope that makes sense Smile

I just tested it out on my PC and Xbox. I had no troubles with either one not going to the weather window. By default it should open the weather window for PM3.HD home screen and Aeon Hybrid as well. Can anyone else confirm if they are having this issue?

Are you using a recent build of XBMC?

I will see what I can do about adding a full forecast into the PM3.HD home screen. Shouldn't be too hard.

- yadster - 2009-05-10

It is a build fromabout 2 weeks ago. I'll update to the latest build, see if that helps. Thanks for the response.

- whipper - 2009-05-10

Fantastic mod reall enjoying it! I have also had the backgrounds prob but am downloading the lastest update as we speak.

Can anybody help I have some documentaries and music videos I would like to have a seperate button that opens up the documentaries and music videos in a library style but without the other movies.
So seperate them like movies and TV are seperated but still have covers and fan art etc.
Is that possible?
I have ZERO experience in editing xml so I would need the editing for DUMMIES version if I was to do it myselfShocked

Thanks again for a super mod. I look forward to any further update!!

- yadster - 2009-05-10

yadster Wrote:It is a build fromabout 2 weeks ago. I'll update to the latest build, see if that helps. Thanks for the response.

I updated to the latest nightly build of xbmc but I still get the same result.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-10

yadster Wrote:I updated to the latest nightly build of xbmc but I still get the same result.

That is really strange. I just sent it to 3 friends to test and they all say the weather window opens just fine.

Sometimes when I am testing, I need to completely delete the skin and then launch xbmc to another skin. I then close xbmc and put my new skin back on, but name it slightly different than before or else it seems to keep the same settings. Try naming it something like The Operation 1 and see if you get the same results.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-10

whipper Wrote:Fantastic mod reall enjoying it! I have also had the backgrounds prob but am downloading the lastest update as we speak.

Can anybody help I have some documentaries and music videos I would like to have a seperate button that opens up the documentaries and music videos in a library style but without the other movies.
So seperate them like movies and TV are seperated but still have covers and fan art etc.
Is that possible?
I have ZERO experience in editing xml so I would need the editing for DUMMIES version if I was to do it myselfShocked

Thanks again for a super mod. I look forward to any further update!!

It is possible. For documentaries you could just make sure that they are all labeled with documentary as their genre and then make a button that opens to videolibrary documenatries. For music videos you would just make the button open videolibrary, musicvideos.

All this can be done from home.xml. If you decide to do it to the orginal
PM3.HD homescreen then you will have to sacrifice two buttons. In the PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid you could simply add two buttons. Just look for the sections that have button controls and labels for them. Give it a try and let me know if you get stuck.

- whipper - 2009-05-10

Thanks I'll give it a try. How do I tell it to open videolibrary musicvideos, documentaries?

I like the aeon hybrid page so i'll try change that. Thanks again

- ekim232 - 2009-05-10

whipper Wrote:Thanks I'll give it a try. How do I tell it to open videolibrary musicvideos, documentaries?

I like the aeon hybrid page so i'll try change that. Thanks again

For music video use

<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusicLibrary,musicvideos)</onclick>

To be honest, now that I think about it I am not entirely sure if you can jump to a specific genre or not. You might have to make a post and ask about it. I didn't see anything in the wiki.

- Rusti - 2009-05-11

ekim232 Wrote:I just tested it out on my PC and Xbox. I had no troubles with either one not going to the weather window. By default it should open the weather window for PM3.HD home screen and Aeon Hybrid as well. Can anyone else confirm if they are having this issue?

Are you using a recent build of XBMC?

I will see what I can do about adding a full forecast into the PM3.HD home screen. Shouldn't be too hard.
yadster, try this... (I have the Aeon hybrid deselected, not sure if this will affect it but I think selecting it changes some menu options so just letting you know).
Go to the skin settings and under the Home Window settings deselect the Enable weather button setting. Leave the path to weather script blank as well. If both options are off you will default to the XBMC setting and the summary will display as you scroll over it and when you click it you will be taken to the normal weather page. Make sure you are connected to the net (ie you can see the RSS scrolling).

With the latest XBMC build and Operation 5.1FIX the standard weather feature works.

- plankton88 - 2009-05-11

Best update yet. I noticed that if you have the new Aeon view checked you can't have a favorites shortcut on the Home Screen. Not a big deal you can always click on the power button and get to it, but maybe something to look into.

Have you ever played with the different views in the Games section? I don't use the game as much as the TV/Movies, but a different view might be nice. Can you even use fanart in the games view yet?

Keep up the good work!

- ekim232 - 2009-05-11

plankton88 Wrote:Best update yet. I noticed that if you have the new Aeon view checked you can't have a favorites shortcut on the Home Screen. Not a big deal you can always click on the power button and get to it, but maybe something to look into.

Have you ever played with the different views in the Games section? I don't use the game as much as the TV/Movies, but a different view might be nice. Can you even use fanart in the games view yet?

Keep up the good work!

Thatnk Plankton. I have been wondering if I should add a favorites button or not. I guess I could and just adjust it so that it comes in over the top of the menu list. I will work on that tomorrow. I don't know if there is game fanart or not. My guess is no, since I have yet to see a screen shot anywhere for it. I never even use the programs menu, so it has definitely been over looked. I will see what I can do with that as well.