Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod (/showthread.php?tid=48362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- ekim232 - 2009-05-16

**UPDATE 5.15**

Nothing special, just put on the weather script option back onto the main weather window. Also added a few more studio flags and fixed a few self found bugs.

Thanks everyone for your input and comments. Please let me know if there is anything else I could do because I have hit a creative block again.

Changing Background Images - neebaum - 2009-05-16

ekim232 Wrote:You need to put the jpg's in a folder for each section.\

ie Movies/1.jpg, 2.jpg..
Tv Show/tv.jpg, tv2.jpg..

Then when you go to skin setting-home backgrounds just select the folder they are all in and they will do a slide show on the main page. The selection is not for a single image, so if you want just one image to show you still need to put it inside a folder.

Ekim232, thanks for the info however can you please provide the entire path? I mean should it reside under c:\program files\xbmc\...? Thanks again.

- bardenas - 2009-05-16

Wow ekim232, I really love this job!

I'm traslating it, but I can not find the "PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid Home Screen" strings.
How can we change them?

- ekim232 - 2009-05-16

neebaum Wrote:Ekim232, thanks for the info however can you please provide the entire path? I mean should it reside under c:\program files\xbmc\...? Thanks again.

You can put them anywhere you want. Mine are just stored in my documents under a folder called XBMC files.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-16

bardenas Wrote:Wow ekim232, I really love this job!

I'm traslating it, but I can not find the "PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid Home Screen" strings.
How can we change them?

I didn't edit the strings files. I took a shortcut and just changed the <labels> tags on the homepage and most other spots as well. It became to much work to search through the strings files.

Changing Background Images - neebaum - 2009-05-17

ekim232 Wrote:You can put them anywhere you want. Mine are just stored in my documents under a folder called XBMC files.

Ok, I did what you said & it's not working entirely. I placed a .jpg picture in C:\program files\xbmc\background\pictures . When I go to the main home screen and land on Pictures, it shows me the default picture (roll of film) but when I arrow over to Scripts, I see my .jpg picture for a moment & then it changes to the Scripts picture (gears). It's almost as if my picture is hidden behind the other pictures & I only see it faintly. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Movies Submenu - neebaum - 2009-05-17

FYI, I noticed that Directors is mispelled in the submenu of Movies using the Aeon Hybrid Home Screen. It reads DIRECTOSR instead of DIRECTORS.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-17

neebaum Wrote:FYI, I noticed that Directors is mispelled in the submenu of Movies using the Aeon Hybrid Home Screen. It reads DIRECTOSR instead of DIRECTORS.

haha...thanks!

- neebaum - 2009-05-17

ekim232 Wrote:You can put them anywhere you want. Mine are just stored in my documents under a folder called XBMC files.

Ok, I did what you said & it's not working entirely. I placed a .jpg picture in C:\program files\xbmc\background\pictures . When I go to the main home screen and land on Pictures, it shows me the default picture (roll of film) but when I arrow over to Scripts, I see my .jpg picture for a moment & then it changes to the Scripts picture (gears). It's almost as if my picture is hidden behind the other pictures & I only see it faintly. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-17

neebaum Wrote:Ok, I did what you said & it's not working entirely. I placed a .jpg picture in C:\program files\xbmc\background\pictures . When I go to the main home screen and land on Pictures, it shows me the default picture (roll of film) but when I arrow over to Scripts, I see my .jpg picture for a moment & then it changes to the Scripts picture (gears). It's almost as if my picture is hidden behind the other pictures & I only see it faintly. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Do you have the latest build of xbmc for windows?

Are you making different directories for each button and then selecting that directory under the proper background selection?

Changing Background Images - neebaum - 2009-05-17

ekim232 Wrote:Do you have the latest build of xbmc for windows?

Are you making different directories for each button and then selecting that directory under the proper background selection?

Ok, I got it working. I tried adding a picture for the Movies, Music & Trailers menus and those seem to work fine. Then I added the picture to my Pictures menu & now it works. Yahoo!

I do have one question regarding picture resolution though. I made all my pictures 1920x1080 (and I've tried 1280x720) but when it displays on the screen it looks as if it's stretched & not porportional. Can you please tell me what the optimal resolution is for these pictures so they look normal and not stretched? Thanks again for your help.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-17

neebaum Wrote:Ok, I got it working. I tried adding a picture for the Movies, Music & Trailers menus and those seem to work fine. Then I added the picture to my Pictures menu & now it works. Yahoo!

I do have one question regarding picture resolution though. I made all my pictures 1920x1080 (and I've tried 1280x720) but when it displays on the screen it looks as if it's stretched & not porportional. Can you please tell me what the optimal resolution is for these pictures so they look normal and not stretched? Thanks again for your help.

It all depends on your tv as well. I test this skin on my 65" 1080p, my 46" 1080p, and my pc and everything looks fine and beyond.

- bardenas - 2009-05-17

ekim232 Wrote:I didn't edit the strings files. I took a shortcut and just changed the <labels> tags on the homepage and most other spots as well. It became to much work to search through the strings files.

Thanks for that info! Now I can see them!

Background Image Size (Resolution) - neebaum - 2009-05-17

ekim232 Wrote:It all depends on your tv as well. I test this skin on my 65" 1080p, my 46" 1080p, and my pc and everything looks fine and beyond.

I have a 52" Samsung LN52A750 which is widescreen and 1080P so making the images 1920x1080 should fit perfectly. Not sure why the images look stretched. So what resolution did you set your images at? Thanks.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-17

neebaum Wrote:I have a 52" Samsung LN52A750 which is widescreen and 1080P so making the images 1920x1080 should fit perfectly. Not sure why the images look stretched. So what resolution did you set your images at? Thanks.

I get all my fanart from tvdb or moviedb. Most of my backgrounds are 1080 or 720.