Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod (/showthread.php?tid=48362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Browsing Pictures Is Really Slow - neebaum - 2009-05-18

When using XMBC (The Operation Skin v. 5.15) browsing my pictures seems extremely slow & at times non responsive. It takes about 3-4 seconds for each picture to change when using the left/right arrows. When I browse the same pictures using regular Windows Explorer there's no delay and is much more responsive. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is it just an issue with XMBC? Anything that can be done? Thanks.

Using XMBC with the following PC Specs

Dell Optiplex 360
Core 2 Duo 2.6 Ghz
4GB Ram
Asus 3450 Graphics Card

- ekim232 - 2009-05-18

Works fast for me and checked with my testers also. They had instant load times on their htpc's.

- dynamix - 2009-05-18

ekim232 Wrote:It is in skin settings, but I believe because of a large demand to have scripts instead that is what it was changed to. That menu is tough because it only offers so many slots and it seems to be people's least wanted item.

Mt suggestion has been to add programs to the favorites menu or changed the code back to programs rather than scripts. Very easy to do.

Thanks for explaning.

I choose the favorites option then, as i also prefer scripts in the main menu.

Just another thing: is it doable to sort the main menu? I would like to see the following order:

- TV Shows
- Movies
- Trailers
- Pictures
- Music
- Weather

- ekim232 - 2009-05-19

dynamix Wrote:Thanks for explaning.

I choose the favorites option then, as i also prefer scripts in the main menu.

Just another thing: is it doable to sort the main menu? I would like to see the following order:

- TV Shows
- Movies
- Trailers
- Pictures
- Music
- Weather

This all can be done very easily in home.xml

Just changed the <label> tags and the <onclick> tags. Just some simple cutting and pasting. Keep in mind your background images will also need to be rearranged. PM me if you need some help.

- plankton88 - 2009-05-19

I read your post a few pages ago about changing the delay time for making the info panel appear faster, but I am confused on how to do it. Oo

- ekim232 - 2009-05-19

plankton88 Wrote:I read your post a few pages ago about changing the delay time for making the info panel appear faster, but I am confused on how to do it. Oo

There is this line in all sections that have that pop up window...

<visible>System.IdleTime(5) + !Window.IsVisible(myvideofiles) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb) + Control.HasFocus(59) + [Container.Content(TVShows)]</visible>

Just do a find search from them by typing in find "idle"....this is the easiest way since my viewsvideolibrary.xml is rather large now.

Just change the system.idletime(5) to a lower number and it will show sooner. Let me know if you need some help.

- plankton88 - 2009-05-20

Thanks. Worked like a charm. I just downloaded your weather backdrops, but I am not sure how to use them.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-20

plankton88 Wrote:Thanks. Worked like a charm. I just downloaded your weather backdrops, but I am not sure how to use them.

Combine the two parts into one folder called Weather Backdrops. Should have folder labeled 1-47. Then just select the Weather Backdrops folder for the weather section in skin settings and it will display the weather backdrops based on conditions. Beware if you are using xbox, you may get black screens due to the resolution and size of the images.

- gavo - 2009-05-20

thank for you for this awsome skin

- gavo - 2009-05-20

how do I put in the home backgrounds? and anyone have problems with weather backdoors in xbmc?

- ekim232 - 2009-05-20

gavo Wrote:how do I put in the home backgrounds? and anyone have problems with weather backdoors in xbmc?

There is a background section within skin settings in the settings menu. My weather backdrops work fine. As stated above backdrops can have some black screens due to resolutions and sizes. Scale down if you experience this problem.

- plankton88 - 2009-05-20

I use XBMC on my Xbox about 99% of the time. Most of my backdrops work just fine. Some of them come up black and some take an extra sec to load.

What is the best Res. for backdrops on Xbox?

- Rocky5 - 2009-05-20

Backdrops i use 640x400 and for fanart i use 960x540 if your resizing backdrops i use bicubic sharper as this gives you a nice crisps look.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-23

**UPDATE** 5.23

YOU WILL NEED A VERY RECENT BUILD FOR THIS TOO WORK!

-Added proper coding for Tv show networks and icons for the majority of the popular Tv networks.
-Fixed coding of the DVD Slide views to go along with new build.
-Added Music Cover Slide view for songs and albums.
-Added about 20 new studio icons for movies. Slowly getting them all in.
-Added Brushed Carbon Fiber Theme.

- Waffa - 2009-05-23

Damn good work !!Nod

All you skinners are adding studio icons for movies which I like.
Also like movie genre thumbs.....
You could do the same thing with studio icons. They're already in the textures.xpr.Wink