Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod (/showthread.php?tid=48362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- ekim232 - 2009-05-23

Waffa Wrote:Damn good work !!Nod

All you skinners are adding studio icons for movies which I like.
Also like movie genre thumbs.....
You could do the same thing with studio icons. They're already in the textures.xpr.Wink

I considered doing that for the studios as it is done with the genres. The main problem is that the icons have to be labeled exactly as the studio is written. Different scrapers use different labeling so you get gaps.

- Waffa - 2009-05-23

Ok.
You could always fall back on default thumb.

If different scrapers use different labeling, you have also gaps with flagging.

How did you solve that ?

- ekim232 - 2009-05-24

Let me do some testing and see what happens. For studio flagging it uses stringcompare and currently the genres uses lisitem.label

- toxtrepla - 2009-05-25

This skin just gets better and better.

A small request I have...

I use the large icon slide mode for my tv shows, and while it looks fantastic for the show and episode views, when i browse seasons I have to use the fanart view, which sort of takes away from the clean simplicity of the slide view.

Is there anyway you could create a dvd slide view for seasons, similar to the layout you use for movies? That way, the large fanart stays fixed the entire time.

Thanks again for all your hard work.Smile

- ekim232 - 2009-05-26

toxtrepla Wrote:This skin just gets better and better.

A small request I have...

I use the large icon slide mode for my tv shows, and while it looks fantastic for the show and episode views, when i browse seasons I have to use the fanart view, which sort of takes away from the clean simplicity of the slide view.

Is there anyway you could create a dvd slide view for seasons, similar to the layout you use for movies? That way, the large fanart stays fixed the entire time.

Thanks again for all your hard work.Smile

It can be done very easily, but I have it blocked out for the seasons section.

It was a personal choice because I didn't like the way that it would repeat the seasons dvd cover or if it was a single season it fills the entire row with that one cover. I will put it in and if people feel like using it they can. I have been working on some alternate ways of doing it, but tonight or tomorrow I will have an update with it on. I am just about done with a set of 200 film studios I have been positioning.

- willers.nail - 2009-05-26

Love this skin very clean and user friendly but I'm using it on xbox and in order for me to make it my default skin I will need to have a programs button.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-27

willers.nail Wrote:Love this skin very clean and user friendly but I'm using it on xbox and in order for me to make it my default skin I will need to have a programs button.

Three options for that. Switch it to the PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid homepage and you get programs. 2nd choice is to simply change home.xml to use programs instead of scripts. If you need help doing that just let me know or search through thos thread. I think I have discussed it on previous posts. Last option is to add it into the favorites menu.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-29

Here is what I got going on right now. Thanks to Ronie I have a lot of work to do adjusting the music views to incorporate his great work with album flagging. I think it is looking good so far but I wanted to look for some opinions before putting in all the work. I am also adjusting my code to take advantage of the background="true" feature. This is a lot of work and I also just coded 250 film studio icons. An update is coming and will also have a DVD Season Slide view to go along with the others. I adjusted all fanart hieghts to ensure smooth window switching for it.

So here is a sample of some of the music adjustments. I personally like it better, but just wanted to make sure with everyone else. As always thanks for everyone's opinions and suggestions

- streetliquid - 2009-05-31

Have been using this skin for roughly a week, and have decided to use it as my default, love the Aeon style menu. Really adds to PM3.HD. Thanks for the hard work!

- Whizz - 2009-06-01

Great mod!
I just got this yesterday and it has everything I was missing in PMIII.HD!
Thanks.

I do have one question though, is it possible to add network and studio logo's to this skin? I would like to add some Dutch channels.

- ekim232 - 2009-06-02

Whizz Wrote:Great mod!
I just got this yesterday and it has everything I was missing in PMIII.HD!
Thanks.

I do have one question though, is it possible to add network and studio logo's to this skin? I would like to add some Dutch channels.

Just follow the code for the other stations and studios. Put your icons the the skin's media folder. You will just have to do some sizing. It is all done in includes_mediflags and viewsvideolibrary.xml. Let me know if you need some help.

Search Feature In Movies - neebaum - 2009-06-03

Is there an option to type in and search for a movie in the Movies section if using the Fanart layout? I didn't see it anywhere but that would really be a nice feature. Same goes with searching in Music as well. Thanks.

- Whizz - 2009-06-03

ekim232 Wrote:Just follow the code for the other stations and studios. Put your icons the the skin's media folder. You will just have to do some sizing. It is all done in includes_mediflags and viewsvideolibrary.xml. Let me know if you need some help.

Thanks, I editted viewsvideolibrary.xml and it works great Big Grin

- Jee-eSTeke - 2009-06-04

I'd say: Ekim232 for President !!!

Thanks dude....I was (very briefly) a real Meedio fan, but ever since I discovered XBMC, I was sold. Then I discovered "The Operation" and....aaaarrgghhh....the drewl was dripping out of my mouth. You did a wonderful job! THANKS AGAIN!

- Jee-eSTeke - 2009-06-05

Do have a question though.... I noticed that you inserted the MPAA rating symbols at the bottom right. I'm from Belgium and we don't use those ratings. Instead we use the same rating system as used in the Netherlands. An explanation about it can be found on: http://www.stack.nl/~boris/Movies/Kijkwijzer/factshee.pdf (in Dutch). As you can see we use symbols like AL, MG6, 12 and 16. Now, the question is, how can I replace the American MPAA icons with our own?