Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod (/showthread.php?tid=48362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- ekim232 - 2009-06-06

Jee-eSTeke Wrote:Do have a question though.... I noticed that you inserted the MPAA rating symbols at the bottom right. I'm from Belgium and we don't use those ratings. Instead we use the same rating system as used in the Netherlands. An explanation about it can be found on: http://www.stack.nl/~boris/Movies/Kijkwijzer/factshee.pdf (in Dutch). As you can see we use symbols like AL, MG6, 12 and 16. Now, the question is, how can I replace the American MPAA icons with our own?

Just look for the rating image tags within viewsvideolibrary.xml and change the r.png, pg.png, ect. to your own .png files. You will more than likely need to do a little resizing, but it is all very basic. You will then see a substring tag below it and just change it to recognize your rating system. Let me know if you need some help.

- ekim232 - 2009-06-06

**UPDATE** 6.5

-Numerous fixes in layout that occurred when the new svn's came out. A lot of alignment issues have been corrected.
-Added Season Dvd Slide view.
-Music views have been reworked to include Ronie's great work on record label flagging, year display, and genre. Thanks again Ronie.
-Added video resolution flagging to movies and tv. I have covered all major resolutions. It reads from the filename and NOT the nfo workaround that is out there. I don't believe in messing up my nfo files.

ie. moviename.bluray.1080p.mkv or moviename.sddvd.480i.iso

-Added source flagging for Tv epsiode section. It also reads from the file name. I included bluray, dvd, hdtv, and sdtv.

ie. 01 - episodename.hdtv.720p.avi or 01 - episodename.sddvd.480p.iso

-Complete set of over 200 movie studio flags. There will more than likely be some false negative out there, so please just report them to me so I can fix them. It is hard to get that right even with the large library I have.

Again, thanks for all the kind words, great suggestions, and comments. Please keep them coming so I can continue to improve on this as new features becomes available. Also, remember to have one of the latest builds so that everything lays out correctly and functions properly!!

- ekim232 - 2009-06-06

- Jee-eSTeke - 2009-06-06

ekim232 Wrote:Just look for the rating image tags within viewsvideolibrary.xml and change the r.png, pg.png, ect. to your own .png files. You will more than likely need to do a little resizing, but it is all very basic. You will then see a substring tag below it and just change it to recognize your rating system. Let me know if you need some help.

I'm afraid I do not master the art of skinning (yet). But as far as I understood I have to replace in the file you mentioned the names of the US rating with the BE rating. But don't I have to replace the symbols themselves in the Textures.xpr file? And how do I do that? I believe I need a program called XBMCTex.exe for that but I can't open up the (your) existing xpr-file. So, yes please, help would be very appreciated Nod

Johan

- mkv1080p - 2009-06-06

Thank you!

- Whizz - 2009-06-06

Jee-eSTeke Wrote:I'm afraid I do not master the art of skinning (yet). But as far as I understood I have to replace in the file you mentioned the names of the US rating with the BE rating. But don't I have to replace the symbols themselves in the Textures.xpr file? And how do I do that? I believe I need a program called XBMCTex.exe for that but I can't open up the (your) existing xpr-file. So, yes please, help would be very appreciated Nod

Johan

For movies I would suggest the following conversion of MPAA to Kijkwijzer:

G (General Audiences): AL
PG (Parental Guidance Suggested): MG6
PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned): 12
R (Restricted): 16
NC-17 (No one 17 and under admitted): 16

Now, Google the Kijkwijzer symbols, download them and put them in the media folder of The Operation. Name them AL.png, 12.png etc.

Open up ViewsVideoLibrary.xml in notepad, it's in the 720p folder.

CTRL+F mpaa and look for lines like, it's usually above the highlighted string. <texture>TV_R_MA.png</texture> for tv and something like
<texture>r.png</texture> for movies
Now, replace these with your Kijkwijzer rating (18, in this case)
<texture>18.png</texture>
Note: Make sure they are correctly sizes, you can see the size of the current icon in the width and height tages, for example:
<width>176</width>
<height>42</height>
so make sure they are sized similar.

Save, open XBMC and you should now have Kijkwijzer ratings. Laugh

Edit:
Just got 6.5 and it's frigging sweet. I really like how it no longer needs these nfos. I am wondering though, is there a way to automatically rename your tv episodes/movies to include xvid, 720, 1080 etc? Manually would be... time consuming.

Whizz Wrote:For movies I would suggest the following conversion of MPAA to Kijkwijzer:

Save, open XBMC and you should now have Kijkwijzer ratings. Laugh

Thanks alot, Whizz!! Just made the changes and it looks so much better now. Have to tweak the size and the position a bit, but it looks awesome.
Johan

- Whizz - 2009-06-06

Jee-eSTeke Wrote:Thanks alot, Whizz!! Just made the changes and it looks so much better now. Have to tweak the size and the position a bit, but it looks awesome.
Johan

No problemo Smile

I do have one question though, how do you scrape the MPAA ratings? I don't believe that TMDb supports them.

Whizz Wrote:I do have one question though, how do you scrape the MPAA ratings? I don't believe that TMDb supports them.

I use IMDb as the default scraper, and not TMDb. I guess they do support the ratings Confused

- ekim232 - 2009-06-06

Whizz Wrote:Edit:
Just got 6.5 and it's frigging sweet. I really like how it no longer needs these nfos. I am wondering though, is there a way to automatically rename your tv episodes/movies to include xvid, 720, 1080 etc? Manually would be... time consuming.

Thanks for helping out with that rating question. There is a lot of batch file renaming programs out there. You can even search the forums and find some great one.

- Jee-eSTeke - 2009-06-07

Hmmmm....I like the idea of the studios on the fanart page, but I do have one remark: I don't like the symbol when the studio has no match. I would prefer no symbol at all. I have looked for the entries in the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml file but I can't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

- Whizz - 2009-06-07

Jee-eSTeke Wrote:Hmmmm....I like the idea of the studios on the fanart page, but I do have one remark: I don't like the symbol when the studio has no match. I would prefer no symbol at all. I have looked for the entries in the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml file but I can't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

You sure are, it's in Includes_mediaflags. Replace default.png with oogabooga.png or something Wink

- Jee-eSTeke - 2009-06-16

Suppose I want to add a second movie library, or even a third....Suppose I have my "regular" movie library but I want to separate my documentaries from my movies and thus create a seperate button on the main screen. Something like: Movies - Documentaries - Music - Weather - Pictures.... Something like that. How do I start?

- plankton88 - 2009-06-20

I have been a big fan of this skin since day 1 and I have had very few problems with it until the last update.

In version 6.5 everything is great except now my .mp4 video files will not play. I click on one and it doesn't do anything, and it won't play any other files again until I reboot the Xbox.

Any ideas?

PS: The .mp4 files play fine in PMIII and PM3-HD just fine.

AND: If I go to file manager in The Operation Skin, I can get them to play, just not in library mode.

- ekim232 - 2009-06-21

plankton88 Wrote:I have been a big fan of this skin since day 1 and I have had very few problems with it until the last update.

In version 6.5 everything is great except now my .mp4 video files will not play. I click on one and it doesn't do anything, and it won't play any other files again until I reboot the Xbox.

Any ideas?

PS: The .mp4 files play fine in PMIII and PM3-HD just fine.

AND: If I go to file manager in The Operation Skin, I can get them to play, just not in library mode.

Try getting a debug log to see what seems to be happening.

I will take a look at it. I have been working on another update and I just played and mp4 to test it and it worked ok.