Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- Shadok - 2009-05-01

Erf ... Kaspersky was in cause.
Now everything is working fine, sorry for the false problem.
It's somehow strange that it didn't say anything. I just had to add your updater in the safe application list.

- CrashX - 2009-05-01

What do you mean by everything is fine ... XBMC Updater is fine as well ...

If not, can you please add it to the Kaspersky safe list ..

- Shadok - 2009-05-01

I add it to the safe list and now it's working.

- Halibutt - 2009-05-03

Just dropped by to say thanks. Really, thank you for this great little thingie. It saves lives of all of us who have no f-ing idea what is the difference between ikon, cricker, jester and whatever the names of various builds are.
Cheers

- azido - 2009-05-03

Halibutt Wrote:Just dropped by to say thanks. Really, thank you for this great little thingie. It saves lives of all of us who have no f-ing idea what is the difference between ikon, cricker, jester and whatever the names of various builds are.
Cheers

well, the main "f-ing" difference between those builds is that they are different ppl compiling binaries for you.

beside that those guys might have different sights of interests in what to compile and what not. jester and kricker for example are known for sometimes compiling experimental patches with the branch for ppl to test, while ikons always uses the clean linuxport branch without any additions - so it might still be interesting to check where your current available build comes from if you are heading for stability.

- kricker - 2009-05-03

azido Wrote:well, the main "f-ing" difference between those builds is that they are different ppl compiling binaries for you.

beside that those guys might have different sights of interests in what to compile and what not. jester and kricker for example are known for sometimes compiling experimental patches with the branch for ppl to test, while ikons always uses the clean linuxport branch without any additions - so it might still be interesting to check where your current available build comes from if you are heading for stability.
to stay off main topic for one more post....my builds now have a "special" little patch in them.

- corkyengel - 2009-05-04

Hey guys, newbie here.
I'm trying to use the updater, but get this msg in the log file:
2009-05-03 17:23:51.5455-XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.InstallBuild|Fatal|An error has occurred while installing update System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\credits\credits-font20.xpr' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.CopyFolder(String source, String destination) in D:\OpenSource\xbmcupdate\trunk\XBMCUpdate\UpdateEngine\UpdateManager.cs:line 400
at XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.CopyFolder(String source, String destination) in D:\OpenSource\xbmcupdate\trunk\XBMCUpdate\UpdateEngine\UpdateManager.cs:line 390
at XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.InstallBuild() in D:\OpenSource\xbmcupdate\trunk\XBMCUpdate\UpdateEngine\UpdateManager.cs:line 332
2009-05-03 17:23:51.5455-XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.ApplyUpdate|Fatal|An error has occurred during update System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\credits\credits-font20.xpr' is denied.

I'm logged in as an Administrator, don't know what else to try.
thanks

- kay.one - 2009-05-04

corkyengel Wrote:Hey guys, newbie here.
2009-05-03 17:23:51.5455-XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.InstallBuild|Fatal|An error has occurred while installing update System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\credits\credits-font20.xpr' is denied.
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.CopyFolder(String source, String destination) in D:\OpenSource\xbmcupdate\trunk\XBMCUpdate\UpdateEngine\UpdateManager.cs:line 400
at XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.CopyFolder(String source, String destination) in D:\OpenSource\xbmcupdate\trunk\XBMCUpdate\UpdateEngine\UpdateManager.cs:line 390
at XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.InstallBuild() in D:\OpenSource\xbmcupdate\trunk\XBMCUpdate\UpdateEngine\UpdateManager.cs:line 332
2009-05-03 17:23:51.5455-XbmcUpdate.Managers.UpdateManager.ApplyUpdate|Fatal|An error has occurred during update System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\credits\credits-font20.xpr' is denied.

thanks

In windows vista it doesn't matter what user you are logged in as under, every app is launched with limited privileges by default. if you want an app to have access to system folders (Program File) it should be started as admin explicitly,
Right click and select “start as admin”, if you want it to always start as admin, make sure "always start as admin" is check under the compatibilities tab.

- corkyengel - 2009-05-04

Thanks kay.one, but "always run as Admin" has been checked. That doesn't seem to be the problem. I'll keep trying.

- kay.one - 2009-05-06

corkyengel Wrote:Thanks kay.one, but "always run as Admin" has been checked. That doesn't seem to be the problem. I'll keep trying.

have you tried installing xbmc to a non-system location?

- hartiberlin - 2009-05-09

Hi,
I have used this update utility XBMCupdate.exe
now and it now installed an update,
version 20090

Is this the latest version based on Babylon 9.04 ?

Is there also such an update program for
the XBMC Live version ?

Many thanks.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-05-09

For live? Doesnt the live version load off a cd?

- bobrap - 2009-05-09

kricker Wrote:to stay off main topic for one more post....my builds now have a "special" little patch in them.

What's the "special" little patch?Big Grin

- azido - 2009-05-10

kricker Wrote:to stay off main topic for one more post....my builds now have a "special" little patch in them.

can you name it?

by the way, your signature link is broken somehow. all i get is a blank page with one line of information from my browser.

- azido - 2009-05-10

corkyengel Wrote:Hey guys, newbie here.

thanks

you're on vista and you have UAC enabled. unless you run xbmcupdater.exe with admin rights (that does not mean you are logged in as admin, it means you have to right click on it and select "run as administrator") or disable UAC, it won't get access to overwrite files in program files (x86).