Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- NotShorty - 2009-09-02

Hey, greatly appreciated!

I had an error when first running it (no additional info given), but the second time I "ran as administrator..." in my Vista x64 system and it ran fine. May want to edit the first post to include this if this is a known issue, otherwise very cool and thank you for your work!

NS

- kay.one - 2009-09-02

NotShorty Wrote:Hey, greatly appreciated!

I had an error when first running it (no additional info given), but the second time I "ran as administrator..." in my Vista x64 system and it ran fine. May want to edit the first post to include this if this is a known issue, otherwise very cool and thank you for your work!

NS

its posted on the website, i'll add it to the first post as well

Quote:Windows Vista Users: if you have XBMC installed in C:\Program Files\ or other system protected folders, in order for XBMCUpdate to be able to update those forlder it would need to be started with with Administrator previlages. To start XBMCUpdate under Administrator privileges manually, right click on XBMCUpdate icon and click on "Run as Administrator". If you have XBMCUpdate setup in windows scheduler, make sure you have the option "Run with highest privileges checked".

- NotShorty - 2009-09-03

kay.one Wrote:its posted on the website, i'll add it to the first post as well

Ah yes, I knew I had seen that somewhere! It had been a few days between downloading it and having the time to play with it so I had forgotten. Thanks again for a great app!

NS

- kricker - 2009-09-08

New auto update path for directx builds:
http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/dx

If you want to use the experimental directx builds with the auto updater, change the relaseURL in the settings tab to the above url.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-09-08

directx builds? when did that happen? does that mean hardware acceleration?

- sialivi - 2009-09-10

Just a quick warning, I just updated and the current build (22854) seems to be badly broken, at least on my machine.

- AnalogKid - 2009-09-29

Hey Kay, this might sound like overkill.... but:

Do you think it might be possible in the future to allow the user to have the following:

1a) Path to download DX builds
1b) Path to local XBMC DX installation
2a) Path to download GL builds
2b) Path to local XBMC GL installation

There are some of us running both (and yes, arguably it's a bit geeky, but not geeky enough for us to be GIT experts etc).

Is it madness? Or would you prefer folks to run two versions of the update client?

- kay.one - 2009-09-30

AnalogKid Wrote:Hey Kay, this might sound like overkill.... but:

Do you think it might be possible in the future to allow the user to have the following:

1a) Path to download DX builds
1b) Path to local XBMC DX installation
2a) Path to download GL builds
2b) Path to local XBMC GL installation

There are some of us running both (and yes, arguably it's a bit geeky, but not geeky enough for us to be GIT experts etc).

Is it madness? Or would you prefer folks to run two versions of the update client?

I am personally running two different instances of XBMCUpdate. honestly I don't see myself adding support for multiple build types by a single instance for the following reasons,

1. its simple enough achieve the same result with running multiple instance of XBMCupdate. you just have to set each instance to update a different path and use a different update url.

2. as you said you have to be geeky enough to want to do this (like you and me) but if you are that we are back to point one. basically its not a functionality that has mass appeal.

3. I don't think this multiple build thing is gonna be here to stay. devs are probably gonna pick one and deprecate the other branches (please correct me if I'm wrong or if it has been discuses on other threads and they are in fact sticking with multiple versions.)

- bobrap - 2009-09-30

Ok, dumb question of the day. If I use this to update XBMC, is the update one of these DX/GL builds?

- AnalogKid - 2009-09-30

kay.one Wrote:I am personally running two different instances of XBMCUpdate. honestly I don't see myself adding support for multiple build types by a single instance for the following reasons,

1. its simple enough achieve the same result with running multiple instance of XBMCupdate. you just have to set each instance to update a different path and use a different update url.

2. as you said you have to be geeky enough to want to do this (like you and me) but if you are that geeky then have a loot at my first point. so its not a functionality that has mass appeal.

3. I don't think this multiple build thing is gonna be here to stay. devs are probably gonna pick one and deprecate the other branches (please correct me if I'm wrong or if it has been discuses on other threads and they are in fact sticking with multiple versions.)

Unsure if they will favour one build over the other, but perhaps they might combine into one distribution with the user choosing DX or GL via a setting...

I can live with the answer though... two instances is simple enough.

- kricker - 2009-09-30

You change the url in the settings to get the DX build. If you haven't changed from the default url, then you are still updating to the GL builds.

- BoLzI - 2009-09-30

Hi,

the SVN-Path has changed since 8 days does your tool update from this new path?

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

- kricker - 2009-09-30

That's not where this tool gets the updates from. That's the svn path for builders. This tool gets pre-built svns made primarily by myself and ikons.

- BoLzI - 2009-09-30

Oh cool, than everything is fine. Thx kricker

- bobrap - 2009-09-30

kricker Wrote:You change the url in the settings to get the DX build. If you haven't changed from the default url, then you are still updating to the GL builds.

Thanks for the reply.Smile