Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- kricker - 2010-01-03

You need to change the dl URL to one for gl builds if he currently offers those. I may start building again soon.

- lorenvazquez - 2010-01-07

Hi, I'm using XBMC 9.04.1 on a Windows XP and was willing to update to 9.11. I've used your latest xbmcupdate 0.7.9 and it looks as it worked fine. Nevertheless when I go into the XBMC application and check info under system, it still shows the old version. I go back to xbmcupdate and it states XBMC is up to date with no new releases.

Presume I am doing something wrong. Could you please advice?

- feerlessleadr - 2010-01-08

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have this update client work with the new nightly build mirrors that team xbmc has just announced

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/01/08/xbmc-is-growing-up-gains-cool-new-services/

::EDIT:: i took a shot and just tried to swap out the URL's in the client, but not surprisingly it didn't work. This client rocks, and it would be really cool ir it could be made to work with the new xbmc nightly mirror.

- kricker - 2010-01-08

Yes. Kay.One would have to make some changes on how the client works. I've tried contacting him earlier knowing this was coming, but I haven't heard from him.

- feerlessleadr - 2010-01-10

kricker Wrote:Yes. Kay.One would have to make some changes on how the client works. I've tried contacting him earlier knowing this was coming, but I haven't heard from him.

Thanks for the response.

Hopefully you can get a response from kay.one and this tool can be updated to work with the 'official' nightlies

Thanks again for this awesome tool and for the updates to it!!

- kricker - 2010-01-10

When he gets some free time again, I'm sure he'll be back. I think source code is available if someone really wants it badly enough.

- BigBlack - 2010-02-01

hey guys but this app work to update the xbmc nightly build? Or no? It update only xbmc or also scripts anda plugins? There something that do all that? Thank you

- kricker - 2010-02-01

SVN Repo installer updates scripts and plugins. This app used to update XBMC. Until kay.one comes back it can not use the "official" nightly builds, but I think ikons was still making and osting some builds it can use. Or someone can beg and plead for the buildbot to also make zipped builds that can be used with this updater.

- kay.one - 2010-02-10

hey guys, sorry I was away for a while. I just changed job and was really busy catching up. I'll see if I can update the code to use the new official nightly builds.

- kricker - 2010-02-10

kay.one Wrote:hey guys, sorry I was away for a while. I just changed job and was really busy catching up. I'll see if I can update the code to use the new official nightly builds.
Welcome Back! If there is anything you need help with on the XBMC devs side let me know. Congrats on the new job.

- kay.one - 2010-02-10

kricker Wrote:Welcome Back! If there is anything you need help with on the XBMC devs side let me know. Congrats on the new job.

Thanks,
I spent a few minutes looking around the program and the official nightly builds. I could get it done in a few hours the only problem is currently the releases are done in .exe but the XBMCUpdate was written from ground-up to updated using a zip file. I could theoretically add support for installer files it would require major work to make the update program work with the .exe files.

is it possible to have releases done in .zip format?

- Flook - 2010-03-18

Man I miss this. I use to have it run as a task every night. Please give him zip builds to make it easy.

- kricker - 2010-03-18

I've already been supplying builds again. SVN builds are on hold per devs requests at the moment as there is quite a bit of upheaval which would cause way to many bug reports to be useful.

- kay.one - 2010-03-18

Flook Wrote:Man I miss this. I use to have it run as a task every night. Please give him zip builds to make it easy.

just make sure you have the latest version running (0.8.0). it should automatically update, but make sure thats what it says in the windows title bar.

- JustinAiken - 2010-03-18

So if one were to run 0.8.0 of this tool right now, would it pull up the last SVN before the addons branch was merged, and the devs request kicked in?