Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- Bulkzooi - 2010-03-26

kricker Wrote:The new builds are installed right over the new build. There is no need of a copy files list. The T3ch updater for xbox works differently, due to the different architecture.

cool. So no need to pay extra attention to my scripts, skins, plugin and customized files at all? hmm, I really have to check this; that would be great.

- kricker - 2010-03-26

You would need to mind any customized screen files and scripts/plugins that may be overwritten. Look for what skins and scripts/plugins are included by default in the .zipped builds. You can just dl them directly, unzip and look at what is included. Kay.One has built in excludes for certain files, but this does not cover skins and scripts/plug-ins.

- Bulkzooi - 2010-03-26

Ok. So it's hard-coded instead of flexible like T3CH Upgrader. Since XBMC will be overwritten (and there is also extra stuff included, which I might not like to have) and I don't know what is hardcoded by Kay.One (and I also might have different custom files as Kay.One), I still think a Copy Data list (or an excluded data list) will be very useful for customized files. Not to mention the UserData.

Off course, the suggested workaround will do but it's not a automated solution like T3CH Upgrader.

- Bulkzooi - 2010-03-26

I am trying to get sschs.com to work with this:

<SourceInfo SourceName="sshcs.com/Dx" Default="false">
<Url>http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=BN/</Url>
<RegEx>?mode=CW&P=PC&R=\([0-9]*)\.rar</RegEx>
</SourceInfo>

But this regex is not valid so I think this is not going to work.

So, I'll wait for the reply sschs.com will sent. Keep you posted.

- Bulkzooi - 2010-03-30

Can someone help me with above Regex so I could test this downloadsource?

- MrT - 2010-04-02

How does the Xbmcupdate program check what version of XBMC I have installed?
I mean, I removed xbmc via uninstall, and removed my profiledir at the same time.
I then went and removed every occurrence of XBMC in registry. Reinstalled 9.11 (from xbmc.com) and ran a newly unpacked xbmcupdate 0.8.0.0. It tells me that i have Rev 28312 installed. Where does it find this revnr from? And how can i "reset" it?

- kay.one - 2010-04-02

MrT Wrote:How does the Xbmcupdate program check what version of XBMC I have installed?
I mean, I removed xbmc via uninstall, and removed my profiledir at the same time.
I then went and removed every occurrence of XBMC in registry. Reinstalled 9.11 (from xbmc.com) and ran a newly unpacked xbmcupdate 0.8.0.0. It tells me that i have Rev 28312 installed. Where does it find this revnr from? And how can i "reset" it?

There is a file in your XBMC installation folder called update.xml

- MrT - 2010-04-03

kay.one Wrote:There is a file in your XBMC installation folder called update.xml

Really? That easy? I really wonder how it came back there after i deleted the dir and reinstalled. But it worked, so thank you very much Smile

- billysa - 2010-04-12

Hello,
Why does not updateHuh?

- kricker - 2010-04-12

Because there are no updates available. The devs requested 3rd party builds be held until further notice. There are major changes in the SVN code underway.

- billysa - 2010-04-12

kricker Wrote:Because there are no updates available. The devs requested 3rd party builds be held until further notice. There are major changes in the SVN code underway.

Thanks Smile

- FACENC - 2010-06-19

Any chance of getting an update to this program allowing updates to be pulled from the official nightly servers now? The DX builds 8.0 wants to download are behind the official builds as of this moment

- kay.one - 2010-06-19

FACENC Wrote:Any chance of getting an update to this program allowing updates to be pulled from the official nightly servers now? The DX builds 8.0 wants to download are behind the official builds as of this moment

unfortunately as long as the official build are done using an installer it wont be possible since XBMCUpdate won't be able to automate them.

the builds have to be packaged in a plain zip file.

- kricker - 2010-06-19

They are not far behind. I've already started posting new builds.

- bobrap - 2010-06-19

What's the difference between these builds and the ones posted on sshcs.com? Just who compiles them? Thanks.:confused2: