Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- ryan711 - 2010-07-02

will this also download official releases as they are released?

- kricker - 2010-07-02

ryan711 Wrote:will this also download official releases as they are released?
No. For the updater to work, the releases need to be zipped, not .exes.

- MrT - 2010-08-06

Not a complaint or anything, but no updates for 9-10 days? Smile Everybody on holliday?

- kricker - 2010-08-07

Nope. When XBMC gets in a beta release cycle I suspend my builds to prevent any confusion when reporting bugs. Dharma is currently branched. If you check out the main XBMC page you'll find a post stating such. Once Dharma is released I'll resume SVN builds.

- MrT - 2010-08-10

Ah. Ofcourse.

And I read the front page, don't worry ;-)

- iammuze - 2010-08-30

to kay_one:

i'd be happy to help with documentation, but my brand new forum account won't let me pm you. pm me then, i guess? if you want help, just let me know.

thanks

- kay.one - 2010-08-30

iammuze Wrote:to kay_one:

i'd be happy to help with documentation, but my brand new forum account won't let me pm you. pm me then, i guess? if you want help, just let me know.

thanks

Feel free to add me in gtalk and we can talk about it, my id is kay.one

- mrmachine - 2010-10-09

kricker Wrote:Nope. When XBMC gets in a beta release cycle I suspend my builds to prevent any confusion when reporting bugs. Dharma is currently branched. If you check out the main XBMC page you'll find a post stating such. Once Dharma is released I'll resume SVN builds.

It's been almost 2.5 months and around 2000 SVN commits since the last nightly build. I'm sure there are many bug fixes and new features I'd love to take advantage of. Any chance of continuing to release nightly builds to the server that xbmcupdate checks?

- kricker - 2010-10-10

Nope. Out of respect for the devs and as a team member I will not resume until the beta is over. Sorry.

- Shadok - 2010-11-23

Regarding the RC1, is it still part of the beta ?

- kricker - 2010-11-23

Yes a RC is still part of the beta process. Once the release is done I'll resume with SVN builds.

- dannycorker - 2010-11-24

Dowloaded and ran this last night - it said it didn't recognise my build so defaulted to something. After doing so I got an error when trying to run XBMC which was fixed by updating DX9, and now that it's running all my libraries seem to be gone, and when I try and make it update the library from my TV Shows folder nothing happens, I just get a notification that the Recently Added script has failed :/

Any ideas?

- kricker - 2010-11-24

You should go and get the latest beta build of XBMC. Builds from this updater are not current and will not be until after the beta process is over.

- dannycorker - 2010-11-24

kricker Wrote:You should go and get the latest beta build of XBMC. Builds from this updater are not current and will not be until after the beta process is over.

OK so don't use this app until full release? Gotcha! Big Grin

- kricker - 2010-11-24

At full releases and between beta cycles.