Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- kricker - 2011-03-21

Okay. I got things working. I think I will be dropping the dx portion of the name all together. GL is not supported at all and I haven't tested making a GL build in a long time. Is anyone still using GL builds?

This is my file naming:
XBMC-Rev_YYYYMMDD-GITversion.zip

My source regex looks like this:
Code:
<RegEx>(XBMC|xbmc)*?.{6,8}\d.*?.zip</RegEx>

When it gets downloaded into the temp folder though the name gets truncated to:
XBMC-YYYYMM.zip

So even though I can make a regex to match a full date the downloading is hard coded to a truncated name.

So, unless Kay.One steps in we will have to go with:
XBMC-Rev_YYMMDD-GITversion.zip

- kricker - 2011-03-21

LOL, theUni worked out a better versioning numbering similar to what we were doing. They went with:
XBMCSetup-YYYYMMDD-GITversion-dx

I'll still have to date the zips as I stated above, but at least now official XBMC dailies will be in a similar numbering. Of course now I have to change my process for getting the GIT version.

- Shadok - 2011-03-21

Yep, but you can't remove the "Rev_" string as it seems that the updater's looking for it.

Btw, have you tried sending a pm to kay.one ?

- kricker - 2011-03-21

Yeah. I talked to him by IM a few weeks ago.

I think I am ready to roll with the system I got now. I'll start dailies tonight again.

- Shadok - 2011-03-21

Nice Smile
Thanks kricker.

- kricker - 2011-03-22

Okay. I just setup my development PC to auto build and upload each night at 1:00 AM EST. I am hoping it can wake from S5, otherwise I'll have to rely on standby and hibernation.

Anyone know how I can automate posts to the 3rd party build thread? I already have the post ready in my clipboard. I just would like a way it could auto post it to the forums.

- Shadok - 2011-03-22

I may have a way to update a post but not to make a new one (but vbulletin has api, maybe you should look this way).

- Shadok - 2011-03-22

Or, you can use selenium.
It's an extension used to test form but i sometimes use it to fill and submit forms Smile
So by creating a selenium script to add a post here, it would fullfill your wish.

- bobrap - 2011-03-25

Wondering what is the difference between these updates and the daily's on the XBMC download page? Is it just the install process? Thanks

- Shadok - 2011-03-25

It's basically the updater which saves you some time by updating xbmc by itself.
And kricker who test every build he makes Smile

- kricker - 2011-03-25

Yes, there SHOULD be no difference. I build from the main trunk without any modifications. Using the Updater app allows you to schedule automatic updates of XBMC using the latest nightly build.

Now that there are official nightly builds, this whole process may be moot.

Shadok Wrote:....And kricker who test every build he makes Smile
Uh....yeah right! Smile

- Shadok - 2011-03-25

Well if kay.one manage to update its code so it can download the official builds and do a silent install, it may simplify the process.

kricker Wrote:Uh....yeah right! Smile

:p

- bobrap - 2011-03-25

Shadok Wrote:It's basically the updater which saves you some time by updating xbmc by itself.
And kricker who test every build he makes Smile

kricker Wrote:Yes, there SHOULD be no difference. I build from the main trunk without any modifications. Using the Updater app allows you to schedule automatic updates of XBMC using the latest nightly build.

Now that there are official nightly builds, this whole process may be moot.

Uh....yeah right! Smile

Thanks, guys. That's what I thought. Appreciate your work and time.

- kay.one - 2011-03-25

Shadok Wrote:Well if kay.one manage to update its code so it can download the official builds and do a silent install, it may simplify the process.

:p

unfortunately since the official nightly builds are done using exe setup files the updater app would not work, unless I find a way to extract the files out of the exe.

- Shadok - 2011-03-25

Couldn't you try with a silent install ?